Aegis boost RBA Review :P3ch3 sample!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
The Aegis boost is the ultimate rba for the mighty pod, making it outperform the actual pod and commercial drop in coils for this kit, come and see how it performs and looks in some pics ad details!

For those that haven’t read the boost review, here is a link for the kit without the rba review!

Link:

Geekvape sent me both, the whole kit and the RBA pod, they wanted to review and post 1st the aegis unit, then a few weeks later they allowed me to post the RBA review, so I had plenty chance for using this babe, making and changing coils, cotton and drip tips according the moment, so I'm quite happy with the whole kit but mostly about the RBA pod! Let’s see more detailed info about this unit.

What’s in the box?!
I did receive a sample, reviewers sample, so I cannot tell how will be de market sample, but the reviewer sample comes with this:

Boost RBA (2).jpeg

4x coils, 0.6 and 1.3ohm
2 x cotton strips
Screws and springs
T tool
1x tight or MTL drip tip (the bigger drip tip comes installed.)

Product highlights:
Easy to swap, used the same exact release and drop in mechanism compared the regular or commercial pods for boost kit, top fill and front airflow, 510 drip tips, yes amazing this means you are free to use and customize the drip tip of your preference, another important thing I must bring and confirm, this unit is 100% leak proof, I have used it for more than 1 month and some days, the unit does not leak at all, not even when left upside down, in the car, high temps or where ever you like to leave it or use it, the unique thing you have to keep clean is the fill port.

Here are some detailed pics, about unit, deck, coiled and wicked unit!
Boost RBA (1).jpeg
Boost RBA (3).jpeg
Boost RBA (5).jpeg

Lets talk about coiling and wicking:
Easy ultra easy to work with, if you own, or had the legendary pharaoh mini RTA, you will realize that this mini deck shares several common things such as spring loaded clamps, centered airflow, and wicking could be compared to this unit, you have to measure wick ends or tails, I like to fluffy them, this time I did tried a spaced coil, 0.95 ohm, mtl twisted Clapton, SS does bring that lovely shinny flavor, battery lasted more than a day of decent or regular usage, performance is amazing, I like closed airflow for tight mtl ripes, lets Highmark here that is a airy pod, wide open will be a notable DTL vape session, almost closed airflow will turn the unit into a mtl and pretty restrictive vape!

The darken color of this pod makes really hard to know how much liquid you really have, you have to take out RBA head and checkm, and beware, even on tight mtl vape sessions you will consume a little bit more juice, but the flavor outperforms the regular pods a lot! I have tried low concentration salts on this babe, it really hits hard and also extracts way better flavor compared the high ohm drop in pod / commercial coil pods, another thing to consider, you have to take out the rba top cap for refilling, otherwise is impossible to fill, juice consumption is moderate, I really enjoy the flavor it brings, so don’t mind at all the juice consumption.

Drip tips, since the unit features a 510 driptip you will be able to switch the provided ones according your preference, for example I did tried others like ammit RTA mtl drip tops, restrictive and flavorful times! I really wish Geekvape will cover this on the sample, a wider 510 driptip for DTL and a tight a restrictive mtl Driptip.

Did I had fun with the device?!
for sure, the fact you could customize the coils, wicked and also use your own metal for example, brings a impressive extra on the unit, flavor, vapor production and also overall experience gets a boost in performance too, I would definitely recommend this unit to any friend, also I'm hapy if you read this and get yours! No doubts at all, is a must have accessory for such amazing pod mod.

Special thanks to @Geekvape_Official for the chance of testing and reviewing this item as premiere! Hope all readers enjoy the review and also I will be here to clarify any possible question regarding this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread