Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hiya,

Today I have the newest Aegis in the Boost line, the Aegis Boost Pro. It is the 4th product in the boost line which I like quite a bit.

I received a special reviewer edition case that also includes all coils, the new pod, RDTA pod and adapter. Will cover all of this in my review.

Thank you @Geekvape_Official for being so generous!

Packaging:

Since I received the reviewer edition that includes all, I will be mentioning the commercial packaging contents below, unfortunately the adapter and RDTA are still being sold seperatly, it would have been cool if Geekvape released a kit that includes all so that customers don’t have to get tired searching for the add-ons. Also a pity that in the commercial packaging you only get one pod, the one for the new larger coils, would have been nice if they included both pods, also the one compatible with the earlier boost coils.

1 * Aegis Boost Pro Kit
2 * Geekvape P Series Coil ( Pre-installed: 0.2Ω 60-70W, Spare Coil: 0.4Ω 50-60W )
1 * Coil Tool
1 * USB Cable ( Type-C )
1 * Spare Parts Pack

Specifications:

Dimension: 113.04mm x 50.15mm x 28.6mm
Material: Plastic & Silicone & Leather & Zine Alloy
Battery Type: Single 18650 Battery (Not Included)
Output Power: 5~100W
Output Voltage: 0.1-6.5V(Max 7.0V)
Input Voltage: 3.2-4.25V
Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3ohm
Longest Output/ Vaping time: 10s
Temperature Range: 200-600℉
Charging: Type-C 5V/2A
Display Screen: 0.96 inch TFT Color Screen
Pod Capacity: 6ml
Refill Method: Top Filling
Coil Resistance: P Coil KA1 0.2ohm (60-70W); P Coil KA1 0.4ohm (50-60W)
Colors: Space Black / Gunmetal / Classic Silver / Almighty Blue / Aura Glow / Devil Red

Features:

• High-compatible Quadra Vaping System
• Boost Pro Pod/Boost Plus Pod/RDTA/510 Adapter
• Three-proof features (dustproof, waterproof, and shock-proof)
• Powered by a Single 18650 Battery
• Maximum 100W Output Power
• Powerful Mod with USB-C
• 0.96" TFT Color Screen with Brand-new UI
• AS Chipset with Fast Firing and Multiple Protections
• 6mL Large Pod Capacity
• Upgraded Gen 2 Airflow Control
• Brand-new Geekvape P Series Coil
• Frosted shell, comfortable to hold

Review:

You might think; that is not a new Boost, that is the Boost Plus! And I actually thought that when first seeing the device, it looks EXACTLY like the Boost Plus and also has exactly the same size, but there is one massive difference, something that needed improvement I kind of asked about every single Boost review, it fires up to an impressive 100W! That is a massive improvement, especially compared to the Boost Plus which was limited to 40W. Another important difference is that the Pro is the first Boost with USB-C, allowing for faster charging, and a new UI has been integrated into the device.

Its an Aegis, what can I say about it, it just like always looks fantastic, feels fantastic and is extremely durability. Even though more producers start to make IP67 rated devices, Aegis still stays Aegis with its unique looking style, love it. Fire-button is very nice sticking out a bit and the Up and Down button feel proper and click well.

Battery-door unscrews smoothly, for me. It does need some force the first part of the turn, but that’s a good thing. Replaceable 18650, nothing to complain about that really, of course 21700 would have been nice, but that would have made the device also quite a bit larger.

When turning on the device you straight away see the difference, the UI is totally new for an Aegis, just the intro with the Geekvape writing changing colors already is new. I really like the simple looks of this UI, I just wish the battery icon was a bit bigger, maybe even stretched in bars over the whole top bar of the screen. Nice add-on is that you can switch the UI between 6 different colors. It works the same as any Aegis really;

· 5 Clicks on fire-button on/off
· 3 Click while turned on on the fire-button to allow for changing modes and then Up and Down to scroll through them
· Fire-button + down to lower screen brightness and Fire-button + up to increase brightness
· Hold up and down for about 2 seconds to lock/unlock the device, can still fire while locked
· While device is locked, click 3 times fire-button to lock/unlock firing
· While in mode change (3x click) hold up and down to change UI color

It has the same options as the Boost Plus, wattage, TC-SS, TC-TCR, VPC and Bypass mode. More than enough for me for a pod-mod, more than average as well.

All three pods (RDTA, B coil Pod, P coil Pod) are cross-compatible with the Boost Plus, so this RDTA and new pod basically are a release for both the Pro and Plus. The new drop-in coil P series pod is a bit larger than the regular pod, but the coils it takes are also much larger. Capacity of 6ml on the new pod is plenty. Yes, there is three new drop-in coils (Finally!) released with the Pro, will get more into coils later. All pods have a comfortable top-fil and are transparent enough to see your liquid level while the pod is being installed on the device.

Let’s focus a bit on the RDTA now, the star of the show in my opinion. Fits exactly on the device, maybe even feeling a bit to tight when installing it, but it stays in place very well. It is a very simple to build on RDTA with its two posts, unfortunately limiting it to a single coil build. Best ID is either 3mm or 3.5mm, I like 3.5mm because it’s a warmer vape and you can push a bit higher. If it’s about wicking, I find it best to not stuff the wicking ports with cotton, but instead to keep the cotton short and just kind of lay it on top of the wicking ports, this way the cotton is saturated all the way, no issues with dry hits.

Top-cap consists of three parts, the chamber, the airflow cap and the drip-tip, basically an RDA on top of a tank. The entire top-cap fits onto the tank only one way as there is one tiny carved in piece that locks into place with the tank, simply turn till it locks into place. At the very top of the top-cap is the airflow ring which has been ridged to make it easy to hold on to. A very nice thought of airflow where you can choose to only close the top row air-inlets or a combination of both.

One thing I think Geekvape made a mistake with is the fact that the airflow ring on the pods side is not turnable/adjustable. Even with the RDTA Cap entirely closed there is still quite a lot of airflow, maybe a bit too much for a single coil build. Conclusion, there is too much airflow for me on this RDTA, the airflow on this thing is more for a dual coil build. When I block the airflow ring on the pod with my finger, I feel it could even be an MTL RDTA if the ring would be adjustable. Most airflow is exactly coming from the ring on the pod rather than from the inlets on the chamber. I found that the best way using this airflow is either to close the airflow on the RDTA cap or to put a piece of tape on the airflow ring on the pod.

Keep in mind that I received a sample case, and not the commercial packaging. I hope Geekvape will include some rubber gaskets to adjust the pods airflow ring. If you are planning to vape 50W+ on the RDTA then the airflow seems to be just fine, but it might get hard trying to get restricted lung-hits at 30-40 watts. You can always get creative and block the airflow ring with tape or other material, but it would be so nice if that won’t be necessary.

Even though there is much airflow, this RDTA does provide really a lot of flavor. The coil is so close to the mouthpiece and the chamber is tiny that I could already guess it would deliver this outstanding flavor. For me the drip-tip is maybe a tiny bit too low, I have quite big lips and touching a hot chamber with your lips is not very pleasant. I have a feeling it is exactly the same drip-tip as included as a spare on the Zeus X kit. Good news is that any 810’s will fit just fine as there is an O-ring built-in the top-cap for proper fitting.

Now the new larger pod and coils, these two coils they look very similar to the Zeus SubOhm coils and they also vape very similar. Very crisp and dense flavorful hits I am getting from both coils. The 0.4 ohm (50-60W) just delivers a bit less vapor than the 0.3ohm (60-70W), but for the rest they are very similar. The airflow allows for a very restricted draw, or a very loose one, whichever you like. For me fully open is a bit too airy, I like it closed halfway. Really nice coils, especially for a pod-mod. Very happy that Geekvape finally came up with more options on their pod-mods.

Downside of these coils is battery life, especially when vaping at 70W your 18650 will not make it through a full day, but you can always have many 18650 charged and ready to be used. You can only really use the drip-tips that are delivered with it, or 810 drip-tips that have an O-ring. 810 drip-tips without O-rings are too loose inside there and simply cannot be used.

I said in the beginning that there are 3 new coils, and yes, there is also one tinier ‘B-coil’ that has the same size as the already well-known boost coils that are compatible with all Boosts now. Also, here they took the right direction to create a coil that covers 33-38W, meaning that is covers almost the full power-output on the Boost and Boost Plus. So, if you own the boost or boost plus, and you were looking for that higher power output, it is here now. Even though it is rated up to 38W, it works just fine at 40W as well.

Just like the previous B-coils, this one provides good dense flavor and performs very well. From my experience with B-Coils they are also having a very proper longevity ranging from 2-3 weeks with no issues. I overall really like Geekvape mesh coils, never had a bad experience with them, they always perform.

The adapter basically turns this into an Aegis Solo, as the specs are quite similar, both fire up to 100W and have the same operation and options. Zeus X fits very nicely on top of the device with the adapter installed, there is a very minimal overhang, like one mm. 24mm is the exact diameter tank that would sit flush on this, 25mm has a very minimal overhang.

Conclusion:

Very happy with this Boost Pro, by far the best Boost in the entire Boost product line. It does what the others missed; fire up higher than 40W. All in all, the Boost Pro from now on is my favorite pod-mod, and here is why; external 18650, fires up to 100w, has a great RDTA, has two pod options with different coil lines, its an Aegis that looks stunning, IP67 certified, versatile being able to choose between 3 pods and adapter changes it into an Aegis Solo, and it just vapes great.

Even tough I think the RDTA airflow could be improved, I can only give me sincere compliments to Geekvape on this one really! I think this also closes the ‘Boost chapter’, it is hard to create a better Boost than this one, maybe one more thing that could be done is a 21700 Boost Pro, but that would make it a large pod-mod.

For who is this device? Not for the MTL-ers in my opinion, too much airflow for that. But if you are looking for an RDL/DTL Pod-mod that is reliable, then this one is a very strong option. It all depends on personal preference of course.

The Pro kit costs 48$ on the official Geekvape store and the RDTA 21$, so to get the kit and RDTA it would cost you around 69$, quite an investment, but if you like single coil high wattage vaping it is in my opinion a good investment. Of course you can get it cheaper on other websites as well, and the price will drop overtime. Adapter costs 4$ which is cheap, but I really wish they will release an all in one box including all of it at a cheaper price.

Geekvape Aegis Boost Pro Pod Mod Kit 100W Geek Vape Online Store

GeekVape Aegis Boost Plus/ Pro RDTA Geek Vape Online Store

Thank you all for taking your time reading this long review!

Take care,

Sjoerd

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread