Aegis Mini Display Screen Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLivingDead

Apr 13, 2020
Hey there everyone.

So I've I bought my Aegis Mini about a month ago and love it. But today the display screen just went blank. Not lighting up at all. The mod still works just fine as far as I can tell. Still hits, adjusts and powers on/off. Just wondering if I somehow turned it off (not even sure that's an option) or if it just broke somehow. I appreciate any help. Thanks everyone.

TheLivingDead

Apr 13, 2020
Sounds like you Accidentally put your mod in "Stealth Mode"?

Might check your Manual and see what the Button Combinations are to Enter/Exit stealth mode.

That... or your Screen Died.

BTW - Welcome to the ECF.

Hey thanks for the reply. Last night I fired it in the dark and saw that the screen actually still worked but it was just super dim. Looking at the manual I went to adjust the dimmer. Welp it was already at 100% brightness. As for it being in stealth mode, I'm not sure this mod has one? Thanks again.

Press the fire plus and minus buttons for two seconds simultaneously. That is what gets you into (and out of) stealth mode.

If that doesn't fix it, your screen just died and I would send it back since it is under warranty.

Good luck!
Anna

Hey thanks for the reply Anna. Like I told zoiDman up there, the screen apparently still works. But I tried what you said and it just adjusts the dimmer. In this case, lowering the brightness. Does the Mini have a stealth mode? Thanks so much again.

Reactions: stols001

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Hello and welcome to ECF :thumbs:

Not sure if there are any bug reports of this sort for the Aegis Mini or what current features it has. I also don't think it has any firmware update available.

Try this combo if it was a feature added to this mod: press and hold the 3 keys simultaneously for 2s to enter or exit the Stealth mode.

Stay safe.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
As for it being in stealth mode, I'm not sure this mod has one?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could repost your question, you may receive more knowledgeable information from the membership in the forum below:
Geekvape
Your problem could stem from many different causes.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I don't have one. That is what I read online which seemed to be incorrect, sorry.

I'm not sure you'd be able to adjust your screen dimmer up and down if you were in stealth mode, I kind of doubt it honestly.

I might summon Geekvape in their vendor forum (subforum under vendor forum) they are good about support and they can help you with your issue, including if you need to warranty it. I'm not sure.

If you could post a pic of the screen with the brightness at its highest, I would also imagine some owners could tell you if it looked "right" so to speak,

Anna

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I just got to playing around with one of my Aegis Minis, which is not something I do very often. I have them set exactly how I like them, and rarely mess with anything. However, here is what I came up with:

Pressing fire, up, and down buttons simultaneously for a few seconds shuts the screen off (stealth mode). Pressing the fire and up button raises the brightness of the display. Pressing the fire and down button lowers the brightness of the display.

When it's in stealth mode, there is no viewing the screen on mind. So maybe you have your brightness turned all the way down?

Or, as you said, maybe something is wrong with your screen. Either way, good luck!

TheLivingDead

Apr 13, 2020
Hey everyone. So (in the dark) I was able to confirm that I can switch between stealth and non-stealth modes. But the brightness is still an issue. All the way up and it's extremely low even in the dark. Even the lowest dimmer setting on my friends Aegis Mini isn't as dim as the brightest setting on mine. So something must've happened with my screen. I'll look into asking around on the geekvape forum. Thanks so much everyone!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey everyone. So (in the dark) I was able to confirm that I can switch between stealth and non-stealth modes. But the brightness is still an issue. All the way up and it's extremely low even in the dark. Even the lowest dimmer setting on my friends Aegis Mini isn't as dim as the brightest setting on mine. So something must've happened with my screen. I'll look into asking around on the geekvape forum. Thanks so much everyone!

Sounds like that Screen has gone to The Great Gig in the Sky.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread