Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Images and info taken:

Aegis solo

Images and info by official site:

Aegissolo-1200x630.jpg

The Aegis Solo is a compact version of the original Aegis, it is smaller, lighter and more
durable. Powered with the Latest AS-100 Chipset that has incredible accuracy and stable
power output, the Aegis Solo is able to produce up to 100W power with a single
18650 battery.

Main-features.jpg

Latest AS-100 chipset provides an incredible accuracy & stable power output,
faster response time, and supports precise temperature control for Stainless Steel, Nickel
200 and Titanium.

Aegissolo-AS-100-chipset.jpg

First grade safety features.
Aegissolo-safety-features.jpg

IP67 water, shock and dust protections, worry free for rains or dropping by accident
Aegissolo-durability.jpg

Powers up to 100W with a single 18650 battery
Aegissolo-single18650.jpg

Aegissolo-change-battery-1.gif

Compact & Lightweight
Aegissolo-and-Aegis-compare.jpg

Included in the kit is the Cerberus sub ohm tank which is optimized by the ultimate
Super Mesh coil that maximizes heating contact surface area in order to provide maximum
flavor and large vapor production.
Super Mesh Coils are compatible with Aero Mesh tank and Cerberus tank.
Aegissolo-more-details-2.jpg

Review:

Well, I got this unit from Geekvape some days back, I did decided to endure this babe, unfortunately I could not use the Cerberus tank that much, 1 did 1st tried this mod with one of my 2 Zeus single coil RTA, well I just could say great things about this little but amazing device!
upload_2019-7-16_13-10-45.png

Thats the shipped kit, as you might see:
tank, spare parts bag, the little metallic pin that helps to unscrew battery cap, a spare usb cover plug, coil replacement and usb charger, on a complete box, well done my friends!

Mod Review and comments:
Well, the mod is pretty pretty lightweight, I like its feel on hands, and mostly the compact size and portability, is an amazing device to take almost everywhere, since Geekvape’s guys got you covered with the dust, water and drop protection device have, actually is waterproof which makes another great product highlight on this amazing mod.

TCR, TFR and Temp modes:
The power settings will allow you to navigate across TCR, TFR and Temp modes that will require NI200, Ti or SS to work with, I did used 1 week on TCR mode, 0,00088 preset mode for SS and did switched between: 0.00088 and 0.00092-95 according climate and vapor production, the chip works well, decent flavor, ramp up and also battery performance on TC modes, I did enjoyed a lot VCT from ripe vapes on TC around 380 to 450F quite flavorful! TFR is not my main mode to work with. my settings were simple, actually took the chance and compared it with SS coils against asmodus colossal 80W, which has been a amazing mod to work con TCR or TC mode, with SS coils too, temps were bouncing circa 380 and 440F for both units, comparing draws, flavor and temp flavoring, so, if you are a temp lover try this babe with SS, wont be disappointing, on many reviews i have heard bad inputs about some GeekVape mods, bullsh*t for me, since aegis legend and this aegis solo have shown decent results for a quite terrific and flavorful experience, VCT @395F on some Steel, just rocks!

Power mode, battery life still rocking:
Well im using LG 18650’s, HG2 to be more specific, I did love imrbatteries.com so, im quite happy to get genuine batteries to try, with this babe I do have 4 batteries to try, this babe as we know is a single 18650 battery, that have an amazing life, I did started using zeus on this babe since I own the big aegis legend, so for comparing and enduring as much as possible this mod I decided to pair it with a zeus single RTA, coil is 0.40ohm, which sat me around 45-65W, producing amazing clouds, a notable taste flavor on every draw or hit, I do chain vape a lot, well this babe wasn’t the exception to this, mostly when driving, so the battery life, device performance related is amazing, 1 single battery could easily last me a day and some hours more with regular use, and 2 batteries when gone into vaping abuse, so, I truly recommend this device to my friends with the unique advise, have spare batteries and the proper battery charger and at least 2500mah and 20CDR batteries for this babe.

Durability, water, dust and shock proof mod:
Well, during the review time, I did accidentally drop it twice or so, no scratches, no problems or odd issues with it, also I did wonder if was rain proof, so vaping under the rain is not the best experience lol, water proof is also passed, drop it into a swimming pool, I still have and use it, no worries, you aegis solo will survive that too, quality control on GeekVape is pretty amazing so I'm pretty sure your will be as strong as this one is!, Im not able to tell if the device is dust proof since I wouldn’t take it apart, but if is waterproof I’m pretty sure will be dust proof as well.

Bottom line:
Durable, well made and comfortable device, that comes bundled with a top fill Sub-ohm atomizer, amazing design and detailing, a great bang for the buck there, also Aegis Solo is also paired with an RDA or sold separately, which makes it a great competitor on starter kit fields, and low price single battery mods, I do really recommend this one since survived my large vape sessions and chain vaping while driving, battery life is amazing and so is the precise TC modes and power or Wattage mode.
Totally ... kicker device, so feel free to share and comment, all inputs are well received, and last but not less, thanks all readers, is always a pleasure to share and interact with this noble crew! You rock vapers!

upload_2019-7-16_13-7-39.png

:party:Special thanks to @Geekvape_Official for the amazing support, quality products and the experience to try and review one of their products!

:rickroll:

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-16_13-10-39.png
    upload_2019-7-16_13-10-39.png
    542.2 KB · Views: 8

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have tried the Cerberus with the solo and the aegis mini and like it quite well. I think it gives really good flavor at the 23-30 watt range which just so happens to be where I like to run most of my tanks. I'm a fan of the solo and also did a review but did the solo with the tengu which is the best rda I've tried in a long time. I know the rod is supposed to be for opening the battery compartment but I got one with one topper from geekvape and it makes a good coil tool too.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    Thank you for the review!:party:
    thanks to you for the chance of this! Any time you'll need another revieW just #hookmeup!

I have tried the Cerberus with the solo and the aegis mini and like it quite well. I think it gives really good flavor at the 23-30 watt range which just so happens to be where I like to run most of my tanks. I'm a fan of the solo and also did a review but did the solo with the tengu which is the best rda I've tried in a long time. I know the rod is supposed to be for opening the battery compartment but I got one with one topper from geekvape and it makes a good coil tool too.

i have heard quite interesting things about their Tengu RDA, is great for low wattage and also pretty forgivin one as i have seen / read, with the cerberus atty, well i do like the fact the Aegis Solo bundle offers also the tank bundle and this one come with glass replacement, bubble glass pre installed and 2 coils, is maybe one of the best starter kits out there, solid, user proof mod and a exquisite Sub-Ohm atty that performs quite well, i will use the aegis solo and legend to endure the Cerberus tank next week, i have some RTA's on rotation and i do like to keep and store'em dry, some of them still have some juice.
    RDA's is a forgotten field since 2 years ago, i did used'em a lot but the developed a strange fixation for RTA's, wicking and other kinda vaping experience, tank capacity is something i do enjoy a lot more today, but the fact they offer a starter or low to mid power kit with and RDA like Tengu is amazing too, well done there Geekvape!

I also like the Cerberus tank on either the Solo or Aegis Mini. :thumb:
    the physical design and detailing is amazing, i do like it too, also is one of the nicest sub-ohm attys right now, drip tip is short enough to get flava direct from the coil, safe enough to avoid burns, hot lips and spitbacks, so definitely a tank to try and review!

Regards,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
    Jan 31, 2019
    I use mostly RTA's also but have bought and not really liked some rda's and the tengu was the first in a long time that I did like.
    i like a lot TM24 and others, but the thing here is the tank capacity, i just got bored to be constantly dripping, i use'em quite less, but still use'em

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread