Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I would like to thank Clay at Geekvape for sending me the Aegis X Zeus Kit to review.
The Aegis X Kit is a dual 18650 battery mod with the familiar Aegis look and a full face 2.4” color screen on one side. The size and weight of the Aegis X is almost identical to the Aegis Legend mod. This is a sturdy well-build mod that is waterproof, shockproof and dust proof (IP-67). There is no button rattle on this mod; the buttons are large and operate smoothly. It is rated up to 220 Watts and is powered by the AS 2.0 Chip.

20200312_133806-jpg.874397

I received the Black and Gold Edition but it is also available in Stealth Black, Gunmetal and Camo, Classic Silver, Green and Black, Rainbow and Black, Red and Black, or Signature Orange and Black.

colors-jpg.874399

Kit Contents

Aegis X MOD.
Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank (Pre-installed: Mesh Z2 Coil 0.2ohm, 70-80W, capacity 5ml)
Mesh Z1 coil (0.4ohm, 60-70W)
Spare Regular Glass Tube 3.5ml.
USB Cable.
Spare Parts Pack.
User Manual​

inside-2-jpg.874401

The Aegis X is loaded with features. You get Power mode with Soft, Normal and Powerful preheat options, Temp Control (SS, Ni200, Ti, and TCR), Watt Curve mode (VPC), and Bypass mode. It has a standard TCR mode, which is fully adjustable in TCR mode but the standard TC mode are not adjustable. There are also 5 profile memory slots that you can program and switch to on the fly.
Power adjustments are in 0.1-watt increments under 100W and full-watt increments over 100W, hold the button to scroll quickly.

The Aegis X uses dual 18650 batteries fitted via a sliding latch door on the bottom which is the same as on the Legend. The latch is pulled back to allow the door to spring open. The latch is sturdy so it takes a bit of effort to open or close, but that makes it secure with little chance of the door opening on its own. Battery orientation is labelled at the bottom of the tubes and also embossed inside of the door.

s148%E7%BD%91%E9%A1%B52_11-jpg.874403

Basic MOD Operation
Five clicks of the fire button to turn on and off.
Three clicks of the fire button to enter the menu mode.
Use up and down to select the profile (M1 to M5) and hit fire to accept.
Use up and down to scroll through the modes and fire to accept.
Use up and down to adjust settings in the sub menu of each mode.
Hold fire to accept the mode and its settings.
Fire + up or down to adjust screen brightness.
Up + down to lock adjustment buttons but the mod can still be fired.
Hold up and down while in the menu to access the Set submenu.

Aegis X Specs
Size: 90x 31.3x 56.1mm
2.4" OLED color screen
Power output: 5- 200W
Charging requirement: 5V/ 2A
PCBA temperature alarm: 80℃
Standby current: Less than 10uA
Resistance range: 0.05ohm- 3.0ohm
Temp range: 100- 315℃/ 200- 600℉