hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have tried 3 different sets of batteries and the most this mod will do is tell me low battery they are fully charged. Not sure what to do
    Help please! The mod is not even a month old!

If you have verified that the batteries are good then I'd send an email to support@geekvape.com or contact the place that you purchased it from if it's within the vendor's return policy time frame.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001
    I just dropped my Aegis X on the floor - not that hard, but the battery door popped open - and now it won't turn on. It seems to be completely dead. I'm using fresh batteries. I tried holding down the up and down buttons to get into firmware mode and that didn't work. I tried it inserting a charging cable also, and nothing happened. I'm going to email Geekvape, but in the mean time any help would be appreciated.

Update: I noticed one of the batteries was loose, so I stuck a little piece of aluminum foil in there to fill the gap, and now it's turning on again. Apparently one of the battery contacts got pushed in.

Last edited:
    • Creative

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    In understand. Personally, assuming the problem/fix isn't obvious by looking into the mod, I'd be opening that mod to see if I could fix the battery contact. It could be a simple fix. But not everyone is willing to do that.

This is why you gotta have backup tanks and mods. Anything can happen and nothing lasts forever.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Even doing that you still may not have voided the warranty. Please contact geekvape in their forum ASAP they may not be able to respond HERE. They can instruct you in replacing the contact SAFELY not by the use of tin foil which I get wanting to vape I do but gargh you don't want to do that.

Get a disposable cigalike if you have to.

Geekvape

Good luck,

Anna

Yeah, I guess the tin foil was a pretty stupid idea lol. Mostly when I noticed the battery rattling around in there, I really wanted to find out if that was the only reason it wouldn't turn on. I didn't want to open it up because it is still under warranty, but now they're sending me a new one, so I guess I might as well give it a shot. There are a lot of screws on the outside - hopefully that means it's pretty easy to take apart. And I'll have an excuse to use my miniature screwdriver and star bits lol.

I ended up switching back to my beat up old eleaf TC 100W, which has somehow survived for at least 3 years of regularly being dropped, and I thought it didn't work that well anymore, but I put in the 30A Samsung batteries that I bought for the Aegis, and it seems like I'm actually getting more power than I was out of the aegis. I'm using a freemax tank with a .12 ohm SS atomizer, and I had the aegis set on around 515 F and it was struggling to get it to that temperature. On the eleaf, the TC seems to be totally inaccurate, but when I set it at 310 it's hitting pretty good, and it will easily go much higher and give burnt hits.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread