Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
aeolus3__27858.1435957859.365.365.png

Here's the deal: it looks good. The online images make you want this, yes? Well, images are one thing, but having the atty is another story altogether. So I don't have to repeat what was said, read this post:

Got my v2 pro in yesterday haven't vaped on it yet but a few things I noticed out of the box: The center pin is non adjustable and sticks out a stupid amount, it doesn't sit flush on my box mods, tested on the IPv3 and the Snow wolf 200w. There is a tiny gap between the atty and the mod, more so on the ipv3 than on the sw 200. When you thread the barrel on it also doesn't sit flush with the base (tiny lip), I've completely dis assembled the deck in hopes of fixing it but to no avail. I'm not a fan of the reverse threading either, makes it hard to tighten the barrel down without it unscrewing from the mod, ended up using a screwdriver on the center pin to tighten the cap down but you can't get it completely flush. The AFC ring pops in and out with ease, but only a small section turns to adjust the airflow not the entire top cap so you end up turning your drip tip for the air flow. After seeing all of this yesterday I was in no hurry to vape on it and threw it on my shelf. I'm gonna put some twisted 26g coils in it tonight but unless the vape is amazing it won't be replacing my vector.

I am going to put this atty through its paces tonight/tomorrow, so if my opinion changes on this I will update this post. If not, then I won't. Even still, the issues with the slight gap on the mod and on the top cap-to-the base are just how it is. There are more issues I dislike, but those can be seen as more subjective than the others ones.​

Last edited:

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Be very careful with DIYing: it's only cheap in theory. I went hogwild buying DIY equipment until I had a full-fledged DIY bar. Crazy.
I just watched my friend go through it. Although he did jump way in and decide to start selling and make a legit business lol. I just have a few recipes and Vape mainly custards so just finding the perfect custard base and making variations of that with fruits, etc. will suffice me for now.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Got my v2 pro in yesterday haven't vaped on it yet but a few things I noticed out of the box: The center pin is non adjustable and sticks out a stupid amount, it doesn't sit flush on my box mods, tested on the IPv3 and the Snow wolf 200w. There is a tiny gap between the atty and the mod, more so on the ipv3 than on the sw 200. When you thread the barrel on it also doesn't sit flush with the base (tiny lip), I've completely dis assembled the deck in hopes of fixing it but to no avail. I'm not a fan of the reverse threading either, makes it hard to tighten the barrel down without it unscrewing from the mod, ended up using a screwdriver on the center pin to tighten the cap down but you can't get it completely flush. The AFC ring pops in and out with ease, but only a small section turns to adjust the airflow not the entire top cap so you end up turning your drip tip for the air flow. After seeing all of this yesterday I was in no hurry to vape on it and threw it on my shelf. I'm gonna put some twisted 26g coils in it tonight but unless the vape is amazing it won't be replacing my vector.

EDIT: Imgur Here's what the atty looks like sitting on the SW 200w. This is with the barrel screwed as tight as it can without removing the atty from the mod and as far as the base will screw down.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yep, not liking this!

Same problem over here! Can't recommend this at all. Screw building on it. I don't do gaps in between the atty and the mod. Why the reverse threading on the top cap? So silly.

Last edited:

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Yep, not liking this!

Same problem over here! Can't recommend this at all. Screw building on it. I don't do gaps in between the atty and the mod. Why the reverse threading on the top cap? So silly.
I'm so disappointed in this atty to, this was gonna be the one. At this point I don't even wanna vape on it.

Reactions: mr.fabe

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have one on the way. So it doesn't sit flush? Meh, I'll just use a vape band, problem solved.

Sure, if you don't mind a vape band on the base of your atty. Lucky for you, you don't, unfortunate for me becasue I do.

Just found out it doesn't look so bad on my iStick. Though that is not where I want it! I got an SX Mini coming, so fingers are crossed!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Sorry wasn't trying to make light of your issues.

Which SX Mini do you have coming? I just got an M Class and my Tugboats, which didn't sit flush on my S Class, do sit flush on the M Class. So there's hope.

Didn't mean to seem pissy (though I clearly was), but I have waited on this for a month and the vape game is too far along in its development to be having these kind issues from manufacturers (IMO). I've calmed down now and will give it a fair shot, but I am likely still going to have to spend an extra few bux on something to make it look good. This seems like the absolute best option: Custom FlowRings - Captivape

I got the SX Mini M Class coming in stone grey and silver.

Reactions: jhhollier

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Alright so I just put a build on this (26/32 claptons, 5 wraps 2.5mm ID @ .30 ohms, rayon wicking using Bamskilicious Antidote), and I'm even less impressed with it than I was before (if that's even possible). Building is the easy part then it ends there. Flavor is okay, not really impressed, next the air flow control. The air flow control is a small ring right under the drip tip, on top of the topcap. It is very difficult to turn, you basically have to clamp the atty with one hand and turn the ring (not the drip tip) to adjust the airflow if you don't everything just spins. If you hold the barrel the top cap spins, if you try and just turn the ring either the barrel just turns until it's tight then the atty starts to come loose or if you turn it the other way the barrel comes loose. The only thing I can give this atty is that it looks nice and look nice it will on my shelf.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

pants-commander

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Ann Arbor
I Have mine on a HexOhm v2, the gap kind of kills me like most all of you have said. I could see using this on something like le jumbo jet. or a box mod with the 510 sunk in more. it's not a total deal breaker for me. The threading really confuses me... to tighten it down you start unscrewing the rda.. seems kind of... dumb. it does have it's pros for me though. On both of my V1s the center post started spinning. I'll use it.

rwRFSjd.jpg

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I Have mine on a HexOhm v2, the gap kind of kills me like most all of you have said. I could see using this on something like le jumbo jet. or a box mod with the 510 sunk in more. it's not a total deal breaker for me. The threading really confuses me... to tighten it down you start unscrewing the rda.. seems kind of... dumb. it does have it's pros for me though. On both of my V1s the center post started spinning. I'll use it.

rwRFSjd.jpg
How is the flavor for you? I know my build is fine (I'll post pics in a few), but the flavor is, well, meh! Even the vapor isn't even that spectacular for atties in this class. This isn't my first rodeo, so unless there is something very particular about where you should place your coils (or where you shouldn't place them -- not like you have a ton of options), it's the fault of the atty not providing me with the same basic flavor I get on all atties with my basic tester-build.

pants-commander

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Ann Arbor
Flavor, for me is on par with the V1. (Very good!) I think the V1 has slightly better flavor over the V2. I only have 2 big holes open on each side. I always run a dual 26g 8 wrap around a 5/64 bit. I run them as close to the center as I can and keep the coils pretty low to the deck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread