Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
@Mr.Mann
The tightening the deck down on the mod is in the instructions that come with the rda but were men so were not allowed to read instructions! lol It's all good man, I was baffled for a long time why people were having so much trouble with theirs, even some popular reviewers on youtube were posting trouble with the barrel in their reviews. I like the threaded barrel but so many people had trouble figuring this out I don't think we'll see another one for a long time lol

For sure, but see, I read those instructions but they don't say tighten it down "tightly", just securely. To me, "securely" is just how I always do and I figured that was just their tip of where to grab, not how tight it should be on the mod. I guess I have a bit of anxiety with over-tightening anything, but in this case it is very important. Flush and no unscrewing or anything once I got it on tightly.

I do kinda wonder if even SC knew the full scope of how to do this. I mean, when I was dumbfounded by the atty, I looked at most of their own pics and I still saw gaps on their own set-ups. The whole water on the o-rings, switching out for a thinner one (or even no o-ring as they advised me) showed me that they were still winging it (and even when I talked to them they made no mention for making sure it was screwed on with some good twerk). No matter now. Water under the bridge. It just needs to be tight on the mod. Really tight. Then it works wonderfully. Yeah, one of the best atties for the price once making this one simple act of tightening it down tightly. After that it's great. I do feel a bit silly now.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluehaze013

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
For sure, but see, I read those instructions but they don't say tighten it down "tightly", just securely. To me, "securely" is just how I always do and I figured that was just their tip of where to grab, not how tight it should be on the mod. I guess I have a bit of anxiety with over-tightening anything, but in this case it is very important. Flush and no unscrewing or anything once I got it on tightly.

I do kinda wonder if even SC knew the full scope of how to do this. I mean, when I was dumbfounded by the atty, I looked at most of their own pics and I still saw gaps on their own set-ups. The whole water on the o-rings and switch out for a thinner one showed me that they were still winging it (and even when I talked to them they made no mention for making sure it was screwed on with some good twerk). No matter now. Water under the bridge. It just needs to be tight on the mod. Really tight. Then it works wonderfully. Yeah, one of the best atties for the price once making this one simple act of tightening it down tightly. After that it's great. I do feel a bit silly now.

Yep, I agree, Everyone I showed the video to I recommended using juice on the orings, its a much better lubricant than water. I'm not sure why they would recommend using water as if anything it's just going to wash whatever residual juice was on the orings off and make it harder to screw the barrel on and I think that was the biggest problem, folks just weren't getting the barrel screwed down all the way. So SC probably made the situation even worse.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yep, I agree, Everyone I showed the video to I recommended using juice on the orings, its a much better lubricant than water. I'm not sure why they would recommend using water as if anything it's just going to wash whatever residual juice was on the orings off and make it harder to screw the barrel on and I think that was the biggest problem, folks just weren't getting the barrel screwed down all the way. So SC probably made the situation even worse.

But they made a good atty! I *think* it was a case of them getting them in and needing to quickly get out the pre-orders. They were likely playing a bit of catch-up. But, they did get me my order in a timely manner and I generally do NOT do pre-orders.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California

ahaotex

Apr 13, 2015
Hi
I received mine today , but i see one of the screws on deck is freely spining. And if i turn upside down, the screw is fall of . I cant tightened it.
I trird the replacement screws but doesnt work. I build my coil and its hotspot every time.
I ve tried lots of time the new build but doesnt work.
I know how to build, i have lots of rdas and rtas.
How can we solve this?
Thanks...

nwwzrn.jpg

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Hi
I received mine today , but i see one of the screws on deck is freely spining. And if i turn upside down, the screw is fall of . I cant tightened it.
I trird the replacement screws but doesnt work. I build my coil and its hotspot every time.
I ve tried lots of time the new build but doesnt work.
I know how to build, i have lots of rdas and rtas.
How can we solve this?
Thanks...

nwwzrn.jpg
I would glue it in or return the atty. Bummer.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
İ contacted syntheticloud and they send me replacement deck.
I am very happy with my v2 now.

Their pretty cool about that stuff. If there's a defect, they'll replace it no questions asks. If you buy it from The Switch in San Diego, they'll probably just send you a new one and return the defected one themselves. Their good friends with the maker. And the makers shop is like 5 miles from their B&M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
If love to see some more build pics from people... Especially the wick placement since once you get the outer barrel on, and since there's no side placed air holes, it open up a whole bunch more wicking possibilities on placement since you don't need to worry about juice leaking out the side air hole (since it's a top air flow RDA.

5f152ed799907bdee3887a4b19212b11.jpg

Here's my last build with some 22G G-Plat wire and some vapers choice cotton.... Before the cotton trim\tuck of course.

I've tried to raise the coils higher to open up more cotton tuck room bellow the coils, but so far each "higher coil" build I did, the top cap ended up touching the coils. That's with a 1/8th coil, maybe I need to try it with a smaller diameter coil build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
:hubba:

SOLD! I've been looking for something exactly like this for weeks. I'm picking up AT LEAST one or two tonight. Thanks @WharfRat1976
Hope he has them up. If not, go on the wait list and he will definitely let you know when they are in. Glad you found what you were looking for. It's my favorite tip and vapes well and looks great on most toppers.
Loki makes the Odin as well. A smaller decked semi deep well flavor beast. Check it out if you want.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hope he has them up. If not, go on the wait list and he will definitely let you know when they are in. Glad you found what you were looking for. It's my favorite tip and vapes well and looks great on most toppers.
Loki makes the Odin as well. A smaller decked semi deep well flavor beast. Check it out if you want.
Those tips are definitely comfortable to use. I can drip through them fairly easily as well which is another plus for me.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I was able to score one only because my vape budget for the paycheck said so lol. I got the black cerakote one. Cannot wait to get it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread