Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
OK, so I have been using the 5v GLV since receiving it last Thursday.

The Good:

I like this unit. I like the unusual off-set atty connection. No possibility of leaking into the battery on this one. Not much of a concern over the button firing inside a pocket. I like the weight, heft and feel of the unit in my hand. There are a variety of ways to hold it, all of which feel good.

I like the button. Good looking, good response when pushing it. I like the click when fully depressed and the click upon releasing it. No missfires at all.

Vapor production has been excellent on the 801 attys and on the 510. I have a 801 to 510 adapter. Both attys produce a slightly warmer vapor than on any of my other devices. I have not used a multimeter to determine the voltage, but i suspect the unit is producing a higher voltage than 5v, due to the warmer vapor & other problems below.

Cons:

In the first two days I killed two 801 attys. Could have been the atty's, don't know because they were my last two 801's. I have 302's which are supposed to be the same and do work in place of 801's on my other devices. While the 302 attys fit onto the GLV fine they must not make contact because they do not produce anyd vapor or sizzle, while they do on other devices. If I did not have the 801 to 510 addaptors I would have been done at this piont. Since I did have the adaptors I switched to 510 vap'n and the GLV is functioning without any problems and I have not killed the 510 atty Sat Sun through today.

I have two other 801 attys on other devices that are functioning fine. I am hesitant to try them on the GLV until I can test the voltage with a multimeter.

There is my review at this point. Once I get a multimeter and test out the voltage I'll post again.

k9frog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
sullivan co. ny
if it helps any i have the 5volt glv with the same set up as yours,i use the be112 attys,i get on the average 6 to 8 weeks from the be112s,when i use the rn low bridge 801,i get maybe a week out of them, i find when dripping you need to blow the atty out a few times a day because of the juice build up which make the atty work harder,hope it helps ya ,,k9frog

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Interesting experiment I just did. The 302 (Joy/Janty????) that would not work with the GLV ~ As I said I have a 510/801 adapter, I also have a 801/510 adapter. I put the two adapters together and then put the 302 on the GLV and MASSIVE vapor clouds... WOW!!!!!! Flavor is really good! Better than I have experienced on my other devices.

This is quite the puzzelment! The 302 will not work directly on the GLV 801 attachment. But I take the 801/510 and then 510/801 between the GLV and the 302 atty and BOMBS away!!!!!!

So, I will continue using the 302 to see if it will continue working without dieing today and get back to you all tomorrow.

Ain't this new hobby fun?!?!?!?!

solitary1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2009
Englewood,Florida
Still wishing I could be sharing in this experience..... My kingdom for some damn batteries!!! :(
Here here,I second that emotion.I've got a bottle of halo freedom here to chrisen my new GLV.They have had a nice long holiday to rest,now it's time for EMS to step it up a notch!

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Today is the seventh day of using the 5v GLV. I have been using the same Joy/Janty 302 with the 801/510 to 510/801 adaptor since last I posted.

This GLV is just a JOY! Very consistant. Huge clouds of vapo and nice TH.
As I said, I'm using the same atty for the last four days without any problems, so the too 801's that fried must have been bad to begin with, I'm guessing. Still haven't been able to use a mutimeter on the GLV, but I am very satisfied with its performance. It has earned a top place as one of my favorite PVs.

I really like the button. Not one misfire, very smooth. It just feels solid.

Thanks, Jay. I will be singing your praise. I hope the GLV goes viral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread