Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Up north
Hi folks,

I love my 5v GLV-2. It is go-to pv at home. I recently picked up a Lavatube and really like the versatility a variable voltage pv affords. Although at a straight 5v I find my GLV hits better than my Lavatube, some of my juices do better at around 4.5 so I use the Lavatube for those. In terms of looks and build quality there is simply no comparison. The Lavatube functions fine and is built fairly well, especially for the money, but it just looks...boring. The GLV, on the other hand, is built like a tank (and hits like one, too) and is far and away the coolest looking mod I've seen. So I started thinking about how great it would be to have a variable voltage GLV; a mod with that last bit of functionality added to what is already the best pv around, IMNSHO.

I've only been vaping for a short time but I've read voraciously here and all around the web. I already own a GLV-2, a Lavatube, a Go-Go, a V2 Maxi Roughstack, and the Volt. I now know that I prefer higher voltage vaping, though not exclusively. Here's where the versatility of a vv pv really makes sense: I can use LR cartos and dial the thing down with a few button clicks. SR or higher cartos? Dial it up. Not sure what's in the cart? Dial it in to taste. Basically, variable voltage allows me to use one pv with every combo of juice and carto resistances I have. Also, it seems to me that there has been a surge in the number of variable voltage pvs offered recently and I came to the conclusion that what I really want is a fully variable GLV. (Would it be called the GLVVV? The GLV3 :laugh: )

I did some searching on this and read through several threads regarding requested features and the possibility of a variable voltage unit from GLV but I didn't see anything definitive or current so I thought I'd just start a new thread and solicit info from everyone including (hopefully) Jay and Sara.

So, here's the question for Jay: Will there be a variable voltage GLV? If so, is there even a rough ETA?

- Tim

P.S. On the very real chance that this has already been answered and I just missed it in the forum search, please point me in that direction and thanks for reading :blush:

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
...you all will have an option though....evolv has the mod called the Kick which will fit in a GLV XL, you can vary the power output to increase vapor production.... VV GLV XL :) atm it's still in beta, but was told it wont be long before it's available to the public....and it's not expensive at all, around $35-40 if I recall... for the XL mini, you'd use an 18490 and the kick instead of the 18650...

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
...you all will have an option though....evolv has the mod called the Kick which will fit in a GLV XL, you can vary the power output to increase vapor production.... VV GLV XL :) atm it's still in beta, but was told it wont be long before it's available to the public....and it's not expensive at all, around $35-40 if I recall... for the XL mini, you'd use an 18490 and the kick instead of the 18650...
So does the XL Mini have a 3.7 resistor installed in headcap or is it unresistored? Would The Kick have a problem if it does have one:confused:

Last edited:

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
the headcap should be no different than the GLV-2 mini and super mini, shouldnt be resistor in the cap....Jay would probably be a better person to ask about that though....technically i dont think it'll make a difference...the kick is a power booster, the resistor is just a voltage regulator, if one is installed... if you had 2 batteries, same can size and used each with the same resistor regulated cap, the higher battery would still put out a higher voltage, not the same... hell, think what it would be like with an XL 5v, swap endcaps with the XL mini, and you'd be pushing 7.4v...sub one of the 18650's with an 18490 and the kick...then you're really talking about a vaping cannon :vapor:

Last edited:

sinnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Up north

Yep, I saw that too. Pretty cool little device. The problem in my eyes is that you need to remove it and adjust the voltage every time you want to change. Again, I'm hoping for a fully variable, purpose-built GLV.

sinnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Up north
I like the GLV-cubed name (can't figure out how to make the 3 go up ...)
If Jay could figure a way to make the outer ring on the button "dialable" for VV, that would be sweet.

In the advanced reply there is a superscript option for the text. GLV3 see?

And I think a "dialable" end cap would be very cool. The other thought I had would be for him to use a longer tube (XL?) with maybe a cutout for the display and controls, like the Lavatube.

I havn't heard anything since that comment. It got me excited.

I'm hoping Jay will comment here... :2cool:

- Tim

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Yep, I saw that too. Pretty cool little device. The problem in my eyes is that you need to remove it and adjust the voltage every time you want to change. Again, I'm hoping for a fully variable, purpose-built GLV.

with the GLV, you wont have to remove it to adjust it...it'll be under the top cap in the tube, above your battery... you just unscrew it and there is the adjustment right on top....i wont say who but a couple of my friends are beta testing them still, with their mods....

sinnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Up north
with the GLV, you wont have to remove it to adjust it...it'll be under the top cap in the tube, above your battery... you just unscrew it and there is the adjustment right on top....i wont say who but a couple of my friends are beta testing them still, with their mods....

The Kick is really more of a set it and forget it sort of thing. If I were trying to dial in the voltage for cartos of different resistances and juices, or even just swapping LR and SR cartos, I'd drive myself nuts opening the tube every few minutes or seconds to tweak the thing. It's not even close to the convenience of spinning a dial or pushing a button and as cool a piece of vaping technology as it is, I'm not interested. I want an easily adjustable, "infinitely" variable, purpose-built GLV!

- Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread