After cleaning attys do you need to prime them for storage???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caffusss

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
California
I have some old atties, I just cleaned them with alcohol and rinsed them with hot water blew them out both ends rinsed them agian with hot water blew them out agian...set them to dry over night. Now if I am not going to use them for awhile...say up to 6 months or so, do I need to prime them with something before storing them? If so what? Asking becuase new atties often come wet primed with something...and I dont know why. I have tried the dry buring method...I have to many distractions around here and I have blown to many atties that way....so I just clean with alcohol.
Thank you
Cathy:confused:

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
I think that you may have the same issues as with factory primer tho...absorbing odors as the PG absorbs water. I'd put them in a plastic bag after you prime them, then treat them as a brand new atty when you get around to using them. Blow them out, prime, and expect a few hits of not so pleasant vapor. I'd also be careful not to store them around any fragrant perfumes, cologne, cedar etc. I wonder how they'd be if you stored them with a bit of ground coffee. Anyone willing to experiment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread