After lurking, decided to join! Question also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I smoked cigs for 4 years and finally kicked it last month when my friend got me a 1000 mah ego twist and some kanger t3s. Since then, I've been researching for hours everyday learning this new hobby. I've been buying things locally but decided to branch off and buy stuff online.

My birthday is in a couple days and my friends got me a Vamo mod and aluminum vivi novas from zainy. I was wondering if there batteries were safe? I already have a cart for efest imr batteries with sysmax i4 charger in case I should get better batteries.

I also am deciding to get myself the iTaste MVP, maybe other reasonably priced mod and an ibtanked 25mm tank and a couple cartos from them also. (Got myself a raise and bonus)

I hope to learn more and contribute to the forum some day!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hiya Ayeeron and welcome to ECF! Congratulations on the raise and bonus!

Enjoy your new toys and remember, you don't have to buy everything at once. :) Pace yourself, see what you like and don't like about the batteries you've got already and take it from there. Your Twist and Vamo should keep you entertained for a while!

Happy birthday! :bday:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hello, I smoked cigs for 4 years and finally kicked it last month when my friend got me a 1000 mah ego twist and some kanger t3s. Since then, I've been researching for hours everyday learning this new hobby. I've been buying things locally but decided to branch off and buy stuff online.

My birthday is in a couple days and my friends got me a Vamo mod and aluminum vivi novas from zainy.

I was wondering if there batteries were safe? I already have a cart for efest imr batteries with sysmax i4 charger in case I should get better batteries.

I also am deciding to get myself the iTaste MVP, maybe other reasonably priced mod and an ibtanked 25mm tank and a couple cartos from them also. (Got myself a raise and bonus)

I hope to learn more and contribute to the forum some day!
I looked at the batteries that are sold separately on the Zainy website and I am confused (2pcs/pack)18350 or 18650 battery for lavatube (lambo mod) and Vamo - Zainy - Electronic Cigarettes and I'm seeing red flags!!

Number one, those batteries are un-branded, which means they are a generic battery of unknown quality and unknown manufacturing standards. China does not have the manufacturing standards that other countries have, so we must be cautious with unbranded equipment.

The top of the batteries look like they are either protected or vented, and they are marked "ICR" which normally indicates that they are protected. Yet the vendor's description indicates that they are not protected. Doesn't add up right. :unsure::confused:

I'm not familiar with either the Vamo or the MVP, so don't know if their manufacturers recommends protected (ICR) or high drain safe chemistry (IMR) batteries. Some PV's are also very selective on whether the batteries used are flat top or button top. Just throwing that information out there. Best check the manufacturer's owner's manual for their recommendations before using any battery in them.

Personally, I wouldn't use those Zainy batteries. I tend to use only well known, genuine brand-name batteries the likes of AW, E-fest, or Panasonic; and only IMR safer chemistry batteries, in both my mechanical and variable voltage PV's. I had a bad experience with a Trustfire protected (ICR) battery when it shorted out and went into thermal runaway in a mechanical mod when the power switch got activated in a tightly enclosed pants pocket. As you can see in the below pic of that battery, the endcaps blew out and the battery casing melted. The mod itself was too hot to touch.

Trustfire2.jpg

Consider how many times you will put your PV up to your mouth a day. I compare the batteries and charger I use in my PV's to the brakes used in my cars. I get more peace of mind going with name brand, genuine parts when matters of safety and performance are concerned. I second going with a vendor like RTD vapor that guarantees genuine batteries and chargers.

Variable voltage processors will have built in protection circuitry to help guard against battery shorts, but why press your luck by using possibly unsafe batteries from the start?

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You must use UNPROTECTED HIGH DRAIN batteries in the Vamo. A very high probability protected won't work/ fire. I own the Vamo. As Baditude stated well worth buying quality brand name batts...they will pay for themselves in the long run IMO.
Realize the Vamo sucks batts dry quickly. Best to get 3400 mah batts if possible IMO.

If ordering from China you could order Panny 18650 mah from here:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...onic-ncr18650b-rechargeable-3400mah-37v-18650
I ordered:
4 X Panny 2250 mah batts
2 X 3400 mah batts
Discount code TENOFF will give you 5% discount.
Paid $40.00 including shipping. They are genuine Pannys and arrived in 11 days.
They arrived quickly because the company is located in Hong Kong and thus doesn't ship through the busier Beijing terminal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread