Status
Not open for further replies.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Im hoping that the fill hole screw is close enough to the "other ignore post" and when I yank that puppy out I can do a dual wick;) Not sure if they are close enough though. If not could maybe drill it closer if it's not to far. Would have to make another fill hole if it worked anyway;)

That 'ignore other post' hole is not a through hole - it will have to be drilled out.

Edit:
And the holes appear to be about the same distance apart as the other two - a little hard to tell with the neg screw and mesh in there right now.

Last edited:

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I have that exact tip and it fits rather loosly in the Hydra - maybe a fatter o-ring would make it tight. I don't have any to try though, at the moment.

You could probably take off the o-ring and put some thread or teflon tape underneath it to make the fit a little more snug.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Well I was going to get another Hydra today, but...

I just seen the AGA Tiamet and decided to give that one a try! Looks a little on the large side, but I like the clear tank and, if it is as good as the Hydra, I don't think I can go wrong. It will probabaly need the same kind of tweaking as the Hydra so we'll see how it goes.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA

I just seen the AGA Tiamet and decided to give that one a try! Looks a little on the large side, but I like the clear tank and, if it is as good as the Hydra, I don't think I can go wrong. It will probabaly need the same kind of tweaking as the Hydra so we'll see how it goes.

:laugh: I just did the exact same thing! The clear tank sold me.

Swarley

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Nor Cal
As a side note...

That center positive pin is so small in diameter, I don't like how sloppy it is in the top section - it moves about very easily and when I swap the Hydra to other devices, just the movement of the pin in the battery end is enough to cause the very top coil to short.

What I did (I said DID!) to fix it was to take a battery post insulator from a carto and replace the top insulator supplied. Then I stripped the insulation off a piece of 12/2 house wiring wire about 3-4mm in length and pushed that into the center of the carto insulator. When reassembled there is no wobble at all. I put a small washer on before the first nut, too. When get back to work tomorrow, I'm going to try to find another small nut like the first one and double up.

Something else to try is take one of the larger knurled nuts and switch it with the smaller hex nut the give that post a little more rigidity:):) I think it's because I can really tighten that knurled nut more that the smaller hex and it has more surface area to hold the post,maybe. Not exactly sure why but it working for me. But I still can't set mine up yet, oh wel:cry::-x:cry:l

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az

I was ready to pull the trigger on another Hydra also this morning,saw the Tiamet and ordered it.The clear tank is what sold me also.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Something else to try is take one of the larger knurled nuts and switch it with the smaller hex nut the give that post a little more rigidity:):) I think it's because I can really tighten that knurled nut more that the smaller hex and it has more surface area to hold the post,maybe. Not exactly sure why but it working for me. But I still can't set mine up yet, oh wel:cry::-x:cry:l

Be careful when tightening - I ruined the original insulator on the Hydra by tightening too much. I also put a small washer in before that first nut to minimize the grinding on the insulator.

Keep at it; it takes a little patience and time to get these things working properly, but once you do, you're gonna love it! I'm sure you'll get it going soon.

Swarley

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Nor Cal
Be careful when tightening - I ruined the original insulator on the Hydra by tightening too much. I also put a small washer in before that first nut to minimize the grinding on the insulator.

Keep at it; it takes a little patience and time to get these things working properly, but once you do, you're gonna love it! I'm sure you'll get it going soon.

Oh it didn't mess anything up I literally cant set it up. There was a mess up with my order and the Hydra I received was incomplete. I've emailed Eric about it already:(:(:(

Wasn't Eric's fault no biggy really just gotta play the waiting game a little longer:(

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Oh it didn't mess anything up I literally cant set it up. There was a mess up with my order and the Hydra I received was incomplete. I've emailed Eric about it already:(:(:(

Wasn't Eric's fault no biggy really just gotta play the waiting game a little longer:(

My bad! I though you were having problems with the wick/coil.

Swarley

Mod Addict
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Nor Cal
My bad! I though you were having problems with the wick/coil.

No worries. Was very good advice! I was just playing with it when I wrote that first post, since I can't really set her up, not really sure if that would work. Noticed the wobbly post and wanted to take care of that before hand;) I think since I am gonna be playing a waiting I might mod her a little so she is ready to go when the piece comes in:):)

I Plan on drilling out that second "ignore" post spot, to try a dual wick if I feel squirrely;) Make the OEM wick hole larger if I can manage it. Then sand the top cap a bit so the hole will line up with the OEM wick hole:) AND THEN(?) drill another air hole for the (squirrely) dual wick setup:):) AND THEN...........

NO AND THEN lol. I think the only other thing I could do to "pimp" it out would be to put a hottub in the back :toast::vapor::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
I've been trying to get on the VaporWall forum for quite a while so I can get a Hydra Titanium... Been trying to get registered for even longer.. for whatever reason my account has not been approved and none of the Mods answer my emails.

Does anyone know anywhere else I can get one of the Hydra Titanium Genesis attys? it's driving me crazy... lol Now with this thread, its worse.. lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Dragoncqb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Louisville Ky
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread