Status
Not open for further replies.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
looking to see who has the smaller AGA-S atty and can throw up some pictures for a size comparison, was wondering in particular how it looked mounted up to the provari, i have an AGA-T now and find it to be.....well ugly, it works great, but damn that thing is ugly on top of the provari....granted, i plan on eventually buying the whole line (-T, -H, -S, -Tv2) but i was wondering about the looks of the ones that are out there available to buy now, so that i can make an educated purchase on my next one.

so, this led to my curiosity about the AGA-S seeing that it was actually much smaller, and as stated, pictures are appreciated (not required, but appreciated), pictures of setups that include the -H are also welcomed.

and that's about it guys, fire away!

I can not help you with an image on a provari elmattias, but I can share a review I just put together that may or may not help you make an educated purchase.

[Best seen full screen HD for big crisp images]

[My YT description]
Modded it vapes OK & stock its a brick of a dud that goes thud (in my experience). It is nice that it is steel & not mystery metal, but it was a big disappointment stock. I would say modded it is about equal to a stock dud, but a dud can have its wick diameter drilled larger & these can not. Thus my modded duds vape bigger cloudage for mE (as of now. I have some more modding ideas to overcome the wick being choked).

I hope that helps
8N9cC.gif

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I guess beauty (or lack thereof) is in the eye of the beholder. I personally like the way the AGA-T looks on a Provari; but more importantly, I love the way it vapes.

View attachment 161197

Oh I love the vape...it's just that weird notch by the top cap...I'm funny like that I guess

Sent from EVOLTEd

I would like to say I made the video to let potential consumers aware of issues I see & experienced.

Without mods to some vapers, I am sure it will vape just fine in their opinions. I am not saying do not buy it to all potential buyers. (buying three like mE may indicate your IQ is lower than mine.)[& mine is very low]

With the wick hole plate reduced/modded a few mm the AGA-S vapes on par cloud density wise with an stock griffin/dud [tad under 9mm]{as I see & vape it}. It must be stressed that the AGA-S is not mystery metal(for the most part) & that makes it better on a safety reduction level.

If you want a bigger wick hole size (like the duds can do) as well, then it may be a pass, as it can not be drilled larger with an easy fix.[*Some diamond dremel work or the such would be needed.]

I did find out through correspondence that the threadless oring topped v2 AGA-S has the same 11mm brick of a wick hole plate for those that may be curious as to if the threadless ones fixed their ignorance of/in design science. [sadly they did not]

Modded I am enjoying it on par with my non modded dud with the addition that stainless tastes better & is safer[if you do not mind modding.]

8N9cC.gif

Got-Ta-Go

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
OTP Atlanta, Georgia
MISTer E:

After seeing your review and comments, I was concerned about the wicking issues as you're correct. I don't see a good way to make the wick hole larger.

However, I've found that with the stock hole, I'm not having a wicking or dry hit issue; in fact, the AGA-S may be the most consistent vapor producer of the ten or so different types of RBA's I have.

I've recently changed my wick builds to use the 2-wick method which is giving me great flavor, awesome TH and vapor in my att'ys. For the AGA-S, 30mm width of mesh rolled and oxidized with a large inner hole and then a solid rolled 10mm width oxidized piece is inserted into the hole. If you've not tried this method, do so.

I also don't have issues with the nut threading on the center post. But I do have issues with the new top cap which is now held on (not) by o-rings; they just don't stay on. I'll take the screw cap any day!

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
MISTer E:

After seeing your review and comments, I was concerned about the wicking issues as you're correct. I don't see a good way to make the wick hole larger.

However, I've found that with the stock hole, I'm not having a wicking or dry hit issue; in fact, the AGA-S may be the most consistent vapor producer of the ten or so different types of RBA's I have.

I've recently changed my wick builds to use the 2-wick method which is giving me great flavor, awesome TH and vapor in my att'ys. For the AGA-S, 30mm width of mesh rolled and oxidized with a large inner hole and then a solid rolled 10mm width oxidized piece is inserted into the hole. If you've not tried this method, do so.

I also don't have issues with the nut threading on the center post. But I do have issues with the new top cap which is now held on (not) by o-rings; they just don't stay on. I'll take the screw cap any day!

thanks MrE. im glad i did not purchase the AGA-S.
i got the DV cobra clone. i am afraid of it having that top cap issue mentioned above. i will know soon enough as i should be gettign it in today.
i must have gotten lucky with my DuD. the top cap air hole is pretty darn close to lining up when its screwed on. if i screw it 90-95% of the way on, its lined right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread