AGA-T Vapes Like A Steam Train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Sounds awesome! I've seen a few other posts mentioning polishing and removing the knurls but haven't come across any instructions. Think I'll see if I can find some. I would love to see some pics when you're done.
Man. my fingers were hurting after I sanded down the cap to line up the hole. I have the wick closer to the top now. I drilled the wick hole to 1/8" That's the largest I could make it without interfering with the center post. Before I make this all too pretty, I need to check how it vapes first. LOL

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Man. my fingers were hurting after I sanded down the cap to line up the hole. I have the wick closer to the top now. I drilled the wick hole to 1/8" That's the largest I could make it without interfering with the center post. Before I make this all too pretty, I need to check how it vapes first. LOL

Looking forward to some pics. :)

MegaDark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Dark World
hi guys here are some photos of simple modifications to my aga-t setup
IMG-20121210-WA0018.jpg

FB_IMG_13551460878063979.jpg

Basically i knock off this pole here
Screenshots_2012-12-11-00-19-21.png

and i bore the pole hole to 3mm size in order for me to slot a 3mm diameter u-wick into the hole.
Added washers and spring to it is due to some times when i try to lock the kanthal wire in between i realize that the whole centre pole will follow the rotation.
Hope this help some guys here.
happy vaping and vape on:vapor:

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
Ok, you knock off the pole for the silica wick. Got it
Then do you bore the original wick hole aswell as the new hole to 3mm?

Does the Uwick touch the pos post and short out?
Do you think you could use this Uwick and make it a dual coil??

Also, what size mesh do you use 500? and what did you cut it too? I really want to try this.

Lastly, did you sand/polish this? Wouldnt mind seeing the top cap and how you did it.
I really want to try and refinish mine....

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
That's some VERY clean modding, Noobking! Great idea.

Looks like it would take dual wicks/ dual coils as well, if you wanted to go that route. Also, it looks like the U-wick doesn't contact the center post or washers.

As far as how wide you can go with your wick, I've taken it to a bit over 95mm before, but 75-85mm is much more manageable and easier to roll to size.

Lots of people love the 500 mesh, although I'm using 400 twill which is somewhere in between 400 and 500 in terms of hole density.

Also, lots of people have done some really cool refinishing work to these- dsy5(?) I think had some great pics of his work on some threads in this subforum.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I know it's shameless promotion and all that, but here's my review of the AGA-T I just shot and uploaded. I was sure the wick hole was already larger than 3mm and I think that silica wick post that just sits there helps with the draw if you bore out the air hole. I've got this thing absolutely pumping clouds right now.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Here is the link for the modding thread on refinishing. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cosmetic-mods/351536-de-knurled-polished-aga-t.html

DSY5 has some pics and SO69 shows a completely tricked out refinish mini-tutorial.

I did the refinish on my AGA. Needed to get rid of those knurls. Reminded me of high school metal shop...lol

I really like this AGA, lots of room to do different things. Very nice u-wick noobking! I wish I could just get a SS center post for less than I spent on AGA itself.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
hi guys here are some photos of simple modifications to my aga-t setup

and i bore the pole hole to 3mm size in order for me to slot a 3mm diameter u-wick into the hole.
Added washers and spring to it is due to some times when i try to lock the kanthal wire in between i realize that the whole centre pole will follow the rotation.
Hope this help some guys here.
happy vaping and vape on:vapor:

Perfect macro shots, and very clean modding. I am going to try this with one of mine! Looks fun and practical

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
So if you've been undecided about the AGA-T or rebuildable atomizers in general, try this one out. I think it's a great way to start with rebuildables. You'll be pleased at the relatively easy build, the great vapor production and the option to try a variety of different setups for a fraction of the price of a Genesis.

Gotta agree, this is the one to go with for $.

I know it's shameless promotion...

Gotta agree here too.

AMUP0121

Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Ohio
I have been eyeing one of these RBA's for a while and I think I am going to go ahead and order one. I have a chrome lavatube and I was wondering how the AGA-T would look on it. Anyone know or have any pictures? I have a did clone and it fits well and looks good too, just not sure about the AGA-T, it seems to be a bit bigger.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have been eyeing one of these RBA's for a while and I think I am going to go ahead and order one. I have a chrome lavatube and I was wondering how the AGA-T would look on it. Anyone know or have any pictures? I have a did clone and it fits well and looks good too, just not sure about the AGA-T, it seems to be a bit bigger.
Well a bit bigger is an understatement, at least it is the same diameter as your mod and weigh as much or more but you should really like it though, for the price is has got to be one of the best deals on a quality rebuildable.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
I really enjoy the aga-t. It fits the Vamo perfectly. The color is off...since I bought a gun metal Vamo but whatever...I can redo the finish. But when I get it setup right..the vape is very satisfying. For the price...I plan on staying with the aga lineup...W... and V2 when it comes out.

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida

Hi AMUP0121. Here it is on my chrome Lambo (aka Lavatube) Mini and my black full sized Lavatube. I think it looks good on both.
AGA-T7.jpg AGA-T6.jpg

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Sweet, thanks for the picture Vaponators, I actually have the mini also so it is good to see it on one. I just went a head and ordered one from Discount Vapers for $20 with a discount code from their sub forum. I figured for that price and the good reviews it was well worth it.

You're welcome AMUP0121. My pleasure. And you're absolutely right. At $20, it's a no-brainer!

feolip

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Austin, TX
Got mine AGA-T a few days ago from Discountvapers.com. Shipping was fast and Eric was very helpful when I emailed him with questions.

I put the unit together with the silica wick setup that came with the AGA. I managed to get everything working no hotspots but I just couldn't seem to get it to hit right at any power setting. After reading up more most posts are recommending SS mesh and even some are saying don't even bother with the silica wick set up that comes with the unit. Which is where I'm at. I read some other suppliers are providing SS mesh with the unit. I've got some mesh and wire on order but in the meantime I will need to stick to my ol vivi nova...

Vaponators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Got mine AGA-T a few days ago from Discountvapers.com. Shipping was fast and Eric was very helpful when I emailed him with questions.

I put the unit together with the silica wick setup that came with the AGA. I managed to get everything working no hotspots but I just couldn't seem to get it to hit right at any power setting. After reading up more most posts are recommending SS mesh and even some are saying don't even bother with the silica wick set up that comes with the unit. Which is where I'm at. I read some other suppliers are providing SS mesh with the unit. I've got some mesh and wire on order but in the meantime I will need to stick to my ol vivi nova...

I agree feolip. Speaking from experience, I wouldn't bother with the silica wick that comes with the unit. Once you get your SS mesh wick and coil set up right, you'll understand why most of us suggest going that route. Awesome vapor and flavor. You'll see. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread