AGA-T and multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will P.C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
County Jail
Starting out vaping ~8 months ago and am still using the same Vivi Nova and Vision Spinner that I started with. I rebuild the Vivis, but have been really happy with this setup. However, I am getting tired of it and want something else. I am uninusred and found out I have

I plan on buying a AGA-T. I don't have the luxury of having a cool mod like the Vamo to give me the Ohm readouts. I also cannot afford one.

My question is where do you touch the AGA to get the readouts. I did a search and couldn't find much i guess since everyone doing rba already has a nice mod.

Any help is much appreciated.

Will P.C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
County Jail
have you seen any videos, or have read alot of posts on setting up a genesis atomizer? if not i would reccomend it. spend a little more time researching this maybe before just jumping into it. preparation is the best plan for these.

Yes, spent quite a bit of time researching. I found Phil's tutorial the best. I feel really prepared to build one and have rebuilt the vivis using numerous methods and have never checked them with a multimeter or had a problem. I know these RBA are much more difficult though.

So red probe on negative screw and black probe on positive post?

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Yes, spent quite a bit of time researching. I found Phil's tutorial the best. I feel really prepared to build one and have rebuilt the vivis using numerous methods and have never checked them with a multimeter or had a problem. I know these RBA are much more difficult though.So red probe on negative screw and black probe on positive post?
Technically it doesn't matter. The resistance wire is non polarized... But... Just for future reference, red is positive, black is ground (negative).

Will P.C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
County Jail
You should always use your meter at the 510 connector end, that is what your PV will be seeing It also helps to make sure the coil is firmly attached to the posts, a common problem that causes resistance changes.

So one probe on the 510 connector end and the other on the negative screw?

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
look at your 510 connector....

the centre is the positive, the outside ring where the threads are is your negative.

as said before, for resistance the polarity doesn't matter. but its always good to know.

its always best to take the reading from the 510 connection, but i've never gotten two different reading when doing it from the posts at the coil.... :?:

I prefer my ohm meter, but you can always build yourself one of these.... holds it steady for you too...

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
look at your 510 connector....

the centre is the positive, the outside ring where the threads are is your negative.

as said before, for resistance the polarity doesn't matter. but its always good to know.

its always best to take the reading from the 510 connection, but i've never gotten two different reading when doing it from the posts at the coil.... :?:

I prefer my ohm meter, but you can always build yourself one of these.... holds it steady for you too...
Actually the best practice would be to meter both at the screw terminal and at the 510. Any substantial difference between the two would indicate that the atomizer itself is adding more resistance than it should be... Which in turn should prompt you to check for bad/loose connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread