• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

AGA-T+ Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Then 3 to 4 is the magic number for your particular juice :)
Lighter colored juices take longer to gunk up your gear than darker colored juices. Sweet juices or sugar caramelizes quicker than non sweet juices.

I can go many tanks before cleaning my wicks (AGA-T). One thing that you can do is dry burn your coil after every tank, this will prevent build up so it will last longer before needing a full cleaning.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Since you can't do a normal dry burn; When your AGA-T starts to lose performance:
Slide the wick out of the coil leaving the coil in place.
Boil the wick to remove build up.
Dry fire the coil to clean it up. Be careful not to pop it. Use pulsing of power to just get it glowing then stop, repeat as necessary.

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
AGA-T2 PYREX back in stock for legadgets GET THEM FAST!!! RM78, cant beat that! =)

Let bet how long will it go out of stock again. I say 3 days. :D

First batch took exactly 3 days went out of stock. Fast! Extremely hot product this AGA...

Razlan

Jan 26, 2013
Malaysia
Hi my new AGA T just stopped working. It will fire occasionally but most gives me a Lo message until I disconnect the wire from the center pin, reattach, it fires then stops again. Is it toast. Only used its twice.

A couple of reasons I think why you're facing this issue:
1) Your coil setup is too low resistance. If so, most present day vv devices will have safety cutoff features to protect the device from short-circuiting. What coil rating are u using? Try switch to different higher resistance kanthal, or wrap your mesh wick with more winds. Usually a low resistance coil (e.g. say like what I'm using which is a 32AWG) will yield 1.3 - 1.4 ohms resistance if wound 2-3 times. Last nite i tried abt 5 wraps, and I got a pleasant 2.2 ohms with all firing evenly.:)
2) Your SS mesh wick is not properly oxidised. Try burning the thing again and again. Then reinstall the whole assembly.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
Xcigs, you probably have a coil to wick short. I believe you are describing an intermittent problem (only sometimes there, sometimes not?). For a VV/VW device you want your coil to be 1.4Ω or higher. Slide the wick out and test Ω value, slide wick back in, if the Ω drop there is still oxidation that needs to take place.

Xcigs

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Illinois
Thanks, for the help, I fired that wick 5 times cooling along the way in water, the 3 firings with PG I put 4 winds using 32 gauge and got 1.4 ohms on both testers. When I switch out of my VV onto my MVP it worked steady, I also tried it on a tele GG clone and it worked steady. Now I'm winding why it was working great on the VV. when I wrote last night I was too exasperated to keep going. I tried the other 2 PVs this morning. I had a dental tech make me a true ceramic and purchased .04 mm ribbon Kanthal, very heavy wire, but now I'm too worried about how it's acting to experiment anymore. Oh, one last item, I did try the VV first this morning with the same result as last night.

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ericska, what is the advantage of dual wick, i.e. inner and outer compare to just one?
I tried to do the U wick method but the wick is touching the middle rod and i cant close the cap properly.
Any tips for the u wick?
Does the production of vaper increased significantly with u wick?

Cheers

I found this tip from youtude by Rip Tripper. After I tried it, wow! Really, I never get a dry hit again. It does wick faster and better than single wick, and vapor was so hazy too! See my post #23, there's the video from Rip Tripper and hear what he said.

I never try U wick and probably won't. Because I have switched to ceramick wick which the flavor is awesome pure. :D I believe you have read my other thread - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/malaysia-forum/384046-alamak-omg-all-hail-porous-ceramic-wick.html
But if you definitely wanna try U wick, see my post #58. There's a video from Todd, hope it help there.

Xcigs

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Illinois
@ericska, I just ordered 3 ceramic wicks, now I'm not sure why they call these ceramic because they really are mineral stone, I used to have a lot of aquariums. I have tried to cut my own, I met with some success but its a lot work and messy, I really don't want to work that hard. So I quests that would solve some problems I'm having. I just wanted to quit smoking and be done with e cigs. When I started I never dreamed I be in this deep. As far as saving money, cigs are about 9 bucks a pack here, 12 in the city. I suppose I'm saving some, but I throw a lot of money at this Hobby? or Habit? Anyway I might a well get these wicks before I get too frustrated. My big expense is really Juice, I go thru at least 30ml a week and I pay nearly 30 dollars a bottle. I live near Juicy Vapor and I just drop by and have it made up. Well what heck I did quit smoking. I'm a Streetrodder, and when I'm out in my 39 Chevy I have got my hands full so it's difficult to fool with these things I need to rely on simpler devices which are not as satisfying bu a little safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread