aga t rebuildable atomizer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Need HELP......i just got aga t rebuildable atomizer tank today and i don't get much vapor. does anybody know why there's not much vapor? my vivi nova tank produce a lot more vapor. i wrapped the coil very evenly. i did oxidized the stainless steel mash well. What do i do to get more vapor out?

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
Check out Pbusardo's site, tasteyourjuice.com for a walk through on rebuilding the AGA-T's. Did you prime your wick with a few drops of fluid before trying to fire it? Several things to check, but the rebuild video there might give you some ideas of how to troubleshoot it out.

You might want to post some information about how you set the AGA up.
What materials did you use?
Wick type and build?
Wire size and # or wraps?
Final ohms reading?
Device used on?

i used stainless steel mash that came with the tank and 32awg wire. i wrap 4 times and got 2.8ohms. I use with provari and setup to 5.2V.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Here is one of many AGA threads:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/405058-aga-t2.html

eHuman's blog has several *excellent* posts in it on how to get the most out of a genesis style atomizer (AGA-T+/2, etc.)
E-Cigarette Forum - eHuman - Blogs

I built mine with the included mesh and ended up using 32 gauge as well after I promptly popped that mystery gauge wire included with it. My latest wrap for it reads out at 2 ohms so I can even use it on an eGo if I like. I leave the fill screw out for better wicking and I carefully drilled the airhole out to 1.5mm from the OEM 1mm. I run 50/50 juice mostly and while it takes a second to get cooking good (I take a single primer puff, release the power button, hit it again) I get HUGE clouds of vapor from it. The only thing I like better for pure flavor is my A7 RDA.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hope some research helps out.
Personally I think you need 28ga Kanthal at a minimum and wrap for around 1.5ohm (1.2-1.7)
Make sure all coils are heating equally. Pulse until even, on dry wick. Make sure wick has room in hole, not overly tight.

If China materials - Wire is probably NiChrome and Wick is 325 Mesh

I have 500 Mesh and it wicks 50/50 blends like a straw.

SuperDave68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Spokane,WA
i had the same problem with me aga t2. i think my problem was caused by wrapping the coil to tight around the mesh.
i scrapped the mesh wick though, because i was having problems with consistant vapes. i modded mine to use XC-116 (ceramic fiber wick) and do a U wick.
i may try the mesh wick again someday, on a backup unit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread