AGA T2 need a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbot

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
tampa
Ok i just got my AGA T2 today, but need a little help getting it to work right, the first coil i made melted when i first checked it for hot spots, second coil i made i started to check for hot spots had a couple, let it cool a little adjusted the coils, checked it again still needed to adjust, let it cool again made the adjustment the went to fire it again and the coil melted again. So made the third one and now it works but the whole coil is not glowing only the top half. I haved checked and checked but can't seem to find whats wrong.

The OHM is 1.3
Running it at 3.2 volts
SS wick
Package on wire says it 0.22 diameter sorry no gage

Any help but great

Thanks

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Shorts between the coil and wick. Sounds like you're using 32 gauge. When you see a coil get really hot, that means there's a pretty significant short right there. You have to back off the trigger otherwise you'll snap it, especially with a thinner wire like 32 gauge. With thicker wire like 28 gauge, you can be a bit more abusive because it's harder to snap. If you're using an oxidized wick, you probably need to oxidize more. If you're using unoxidized, it means your coil is probably wrapped too tight.

Best method I've found is the unoxidized petar k method. Links below:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-unoxidized-hot-spot-free-cleanable-coil.html

Unoxidized SetUp - Tutorial on Vimeo

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
The wire going to the neg post is nothing more than screw to the base so i figure yes its touching the base

He's talking about the bottom coil, not the lead itself that extends from the coil. That bottom coil will need to get hot as well. If it's touching the base it could cause a short or at the very least not heat up which would affect the rest of the coils.

Taterbot

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
tampa
Its wire from my Brick and Mortar store did not have a name just the size.

I went ahead and made a whole new wick and coil using the petar k method and now it glows nice and warm no hot spots (it looks like all the you tube video that show how to set it up) but now i only get a little vapor and taste, not much. It seems like now i have a wicking problem just not getting enough juice to the coil.

Now this time i gave the coil 5 wraps and my ohm reading is 3.0.

I know that there is a learning curve to RBA and i soaked up as much info as i could that i thought i was ready to jump in. I think i still have a ways to go :)confused:)

any more help is great guy's thanks

erawtik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
What i been doing is roll the mesh once it fits burn the coil end with lighter. Then drip juice on it and burn it off, then repeat 4 or 5 times. Put the wick in and wrap the coil, once wrapped fire at lowest volt. Usally there is a hot spot so il pull the wick and fire it a hand full of times to turn wire brown. Put wick back in and a slight adjustment of the wick usally gets it working.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

c00lkatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Another thing you have to remember is the higher you go in voltage, the more heat is produced, which will make hot spots show up where they didn't before. Me personally, I use a mechanical with a .9 ohm coil with 28 gauge 3/4 wrap, and like to use a fresh battery. I do this so that hot spots don't creep up on me when I change my battery, which I've had happen before, due to the higher voltage. Probably not a good idea with thinner wire, but with thicker 28 gauge, it's tough to snap. So when you get your hot spots worked out at the lower voltage, it would be a good idea to slowly bump the voltage to make sure more don't creep up. You'll chase your tail and get frustrated otherwise if a hot spot comes up out of nowhere and you're trying to figure out if it's a wicking problem or a coil problem once you bump the voltage up.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Its wire from my Brick and Mortar store did not have a name just the size.

I went ahead and made a whole new wick and coil using the petar k method and now it glows nice and warm no hot spots (it looks like all the you tube video that show how to set it up) but now i only get a little vapor and taste, not much. It seems like now i have a wicking problem just not getting enough juice to the coil.

Now this time i gave the coil 5 wraps and my ohm reading is 3.0.

I know that there is a learning curve to RBA and i soaked up as much info as i could that i thought i was ready to jump in. I think i still have a ways to go :)confused:)

any more help is great guy's thanks

Be sure the air hole is lined up such that it blows directly on the coil/wick. With juice in the tank, fire the coil and see if you're getting any glowing coils. Should have none glowing at all with a 7-10 second burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread