Again with the batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I would bet approximately all the money that the Sony VTC5 is not authentic or is old stock. The LG batteries will serve you well, same with the Samsungs. I'll go ahead and second everyone and say only buy batteries from reputable places. The chances of any vape shop knowing their batteries and the sources of said batteries as well as ilumn or RTD vapor is close to zero.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I got a response.
They said the order of those batteries was made 6 months ago. Their supplier assures them that they are authentic. They tested them and they showed capacity between 2480 – 2496 mAh and 4.19V max charged. Also that they personally use them on 60w devices and they last the entire day.
I mean i don't know, i'm pretty sure they aren't trying to flog me a fake on purpose and looks like they aren't ignorant. Might be worth taking?
Or stick with the LG regardless of this response?

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I got a response.
They said the order of those batteries was made 6 months ago. Their supplier assures them that they are authentic. They tested them and they showed capacity between 2480 – 2496 mAh and 4.19V max charged. Also that they personally use them on 60w devices and they last the entire day.
I mean i don't know, i'm pretty sure they aren't trying to flog me a fake on purpose and looks like they aren't ignorant. Might be worth taking?

That one statement is impossible to guarantee. Battery usable life is dictated by Load.
If you are a heavy Vapor and use sub-ohm loads there is little chance of a single battery lasting ALL day.
I average 4-5 18650 2500Mah Batteries per 18hr. day - Currently off work due to an injury.
If I am working, using my Evic and 2.8ohm tank, yes I can go about a day on an 18650.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I got a response.
Or stick with the LG regardless of this response?

You seem pretty determined to buy from them.

To me that statement smells of bovine excrement. To me a genuine answer would be, yes they are genuine. I don't know about Sony, but I have seen authenticity certification on one vender's site for E-Fest batteries. All the stuff about using them personally, and the exaggerated claims about performance seem to fall into the class of too much information being offered, which in my opinion is often indicative of a lie.
Anyway, I'm almost certainly reading too much into this. Buy them, don't buy them, it's up to you and your medical insurance.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
You seem pretty determined to buy from them.

To me that statement smells of bovine excrement. To me a genuine answer would be, yes they are genuine. I don't know about Sony, but I have seen authenticity certification on one vender's site for E-Fest batteries. All the stuff about using them personally, and the exaggerated claims about performance seem to fall into the class of too much information being offered, which in my opinion is often indicative of a lie.
Anyway, I'm almost certainly reading too much into this. Buy them, don't buy them, it's up to you and your medical insurance.

It's not that I'm determined to buy from them, it's that i got either them or a month of shipping from wherever doesn't charge shipping more than batteries.
Thanks once again for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread