AGI opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anniex423

Jun 30, 2011
Ohio
I've been looking at reviews for the AGI 2-in-1 and I like the look of it. The reviews are mixed though...I was just wondering if anybody has one and can help me decide if I want to buy it or if I want to keep looking for another RBA. I'm not interested in drip atties, with my work schedule I need a tank.

I own an AGA T-2 and love it. I don't have a problem with building it and in fact, I'm going to get a new mod. I'm currently using a VAMO and I am going to get a mech mod so I can build lower resistance coils to use on a new RBA to go with it. I would really prefer a Genesis-style RBA so any opinions on that would help too.

Bc the VAMO restricts 1.2 and below ohms, I'm stuck with using 30ga and 32ga. I have a lot of 28ga wire that I'd like to use and it's too hard to build 1.2+ ohm coils to use on a VAMO so...I'm wondering if the AGI will be able to handle 0.8-0.9 ohms without any issues. I've read a review where someone had an issue with that specific setup with a mech mod (something melted).

If possible, can anybody also compare the performance of the AGI to an AGA-T2 (or any AGA T model, really). TIA!

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
stick with the aga-t unless you are willing to modify the agi.. the spring on the positive post is the issue- they have been known to crap out, especially if you want to go low ohms.. i used a brass electrical connector to modify mine and then it was pretty blimmin good.. but i would recommend if you have the $$$ get a better atty- i got a richman atty and since then i don't bother with the agi- i just use it as a dripper.. i know the richman is out of stock and is working on a ver2- id grab one when you can.. get a kraken if you got the $$$ or a prometheus!!! if you got no problems building with the aga-t id stick with it- 1.2 ohm should be a pretty good vape though.. if you gonna go lower you may as well get a mech-but then please do your homework as safety becomes an issue. knowledge of batteries which ones to use (aw imr ect) and amp limits and use of multimeter is essential!!! vape on

Anniex423

Jun 30, 2011
Ohio
Thanks for all your input. I decided to opt out on the AGI. I got an RDA instead just to try it out, even though I hate the idea of dripping. I do love my AGA though, just wish it wasn't so frustrating bc I like to use 32ga wire but I can't seem to make anything except 30ga work on it (due to massive hotspots).

Another question if anybody has time...any way to do anything to e-juice that gunks the coil up? I just started trying new liquid from a new vendor and one of my liquids gunks up the coil so bad I have to recoil every few hours. I've never had any liquid gunk up so fast and so badly before.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Dry burn and blow off. Coils should last weeks if not months.
Thanks for all your input. I decided to opt out on the AGI. I got an RDA instead just to try it out, even though I hate the idea of dripping. I do love my AGA though, just wish it wasn't so frustrating bc I like to use 32ga wire but I can't seem to make anything except 30ga work on it (due to massive hotspots).

Another question if anybody has time...any way to do anything to e-juice that gunks the coil up? I just started trying new liquid from a new vendor and one of my liquids gunks up the coil so bad I have to recoil every few hours. I've never had any liquid gunk up so fast and so badly before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread