AGI help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aintdunn

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
Marietta, OH
I'm no expert at building RBAs but damn..... My AGI is being a problem child.

I have an AGA-T2 that I can build some pretty decent coils on, so I didn't think an AGI would need to be built any differently.

But no matter how I do it, it hits airy as hell and you really have to huff it to get a mouthful of vapor

I use 400 or 500 mesh, 28 gauge kanthal and a mech mod, either a modded sigelei 19 or 20.

A 2/3 wrap job gets me around a 1.0 to 1.2 ohm result, aga and agi, yet the agi has been an airy disappoint every single attempt.

Help!

Silverpie

Dec 19, 2012
Beale AFB
Yeah I took some copper wire that i stripped from a car charger i dont use and i twisted it into a small tube to fit inside the spring to connect the top and bottom. The AGI will be a little airy as it has a big airhole. I just got used to it by vaping a little slower. Also, on the filling hole, i placed the screw all the way down and used the extra one on the same hole to further the leak problem. It took me 5 tries to get this right, but i've just begun

bebeau25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
Tulsa OK
If not too much air, then too little vapor. Ergo, coil is probably not hot enough, which is probably because of voltage drop, which most likely is because of the center spring.

Swap it out with a piece of brass tubing. I did that and it hits like a mother. Better than all my other Gennies.

I need to look into this. I am having the same problems as the OP. Just replace the spring with brass tubing, I think I can handle that. Gonna do this today. I'll report back with the results. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread