AGR Carto Tank Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben K Vincent

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
United States
I just got an AGR tank and a bunch of Boge 1.7 single-coil stainless steel cartos. I watched the tutorial videos on how to set it up and got to assembling it. Everything seemed in order...

When I tried to seat the carto in the bottom end cap (it's supposed to push through to lock to the bottom "skirt") it wouldn't go very far and gets stuck. The threads don't even get close to passing through the bottom hole. I tried 5 cartos and NONE of them would fit. This is frustrating because this tank seems awesome, but all I have are a BUNCH of the same brand of cartomizers that seem useless. :mad: The vendors say that Boges are made to fit this tank.

Has anyone else had this issue? Should I be using a different brand (i actually 'like' Boges) that might fit better?

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Quite a bummer, as like your saying its supposedly made for Boge cartos.

You could try widening it a bit, some creative way of sanding it down enough for them to slide through. Not always the funnest thing to do to a new device but the only other thing I can think of is try and return it for another? I get the feeling its one that slipped through QC, happens with mass production.

I've got one on the way and have Boge cartos on hand to use with it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
i just probably got a bad one, hopefully yours kicks ...

It will be interesting to see if your experience is shared by others. It could be a defect and a matter of poor quality control. Any idea who the manufacturer of these really is?

I'd contact the vendor that you purchased the tank from. Tell him you've seen the video demos on how the carto connectors are supposed to fit, and yours doesn't. You should either get a refund or a replacement tank out of it.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Ben. You say Boge1.7.... I do not recall seeing those as available. I have only found the 2.0 and 2.5(rare) and 3.0 versions. This brings me to a dumb question, your cartos that are going in this tank, are they stainless and without the flange?.... If so then I would advise you to mod the carto if its an emergency type situation(much more replaceable). Just some simple sandpaper(~180grit) and elbow grease should do the trick nicely. If you modify the tank you will not get a refund(and barely a chance of getting a functional unit for that matter without a lathe and some serious effort)or replacement from the original vendor. Just a thought. Good Luck, Happy Vaping.

Ben K Vincent

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
United States
It will be interesting to see if your experience is shared by others. It could be a defect and a matter of poor quality control. Any idea who the manufacturer of these really is?

I'd contact the vendor that you purchased the tank from. Tell him you've seen the video demos on how the carto connectors are supposed to fit, and yours doesn't. You should either get a refund or a replacement tank out of it.

i did (on both fronts) on the carto issue the vendor is VERY helpful, on the tank issue (the REAL problem) there is a bit of a "delay".
Thanks for the advice...you ROCK!

Ben K Vincent

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
United States
Hi Ben. You say Boge1.7.... I do not recall seeing those as available. I have only found the 2.0 and 2.5(rare) and 3.0 versions. This brings me to a dumb question, your cartos that are going in this tank, are they stainless and without the flange?.... If so then I would advise you to mod the carto if its an emergency type situation(much more replaceable). Just some simple sandpaper(~180grit) and elbow grease should do the trick nicely. If you modify the tank you will not get a refund(and barely a chance of getting a functional unit for that matter without a lathe and some serious effort)or replacement from the original vendor. Just a thought. Good Luck, Happy Vaping.

i bought the Boge LR cartos SS with no flange to go with this tank. it's the bottom cap on the tank that throws EVERYTHING off

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
i bought the Boge LR cartos SS with no flange to go with this tank. it's the bottom cap on the tank that throws EVERYTHING off

Well at least you have a reputable vendor who will take care of it for you, even if you have a bit of a wait. When they have them back in stock I plan on getting one on order along with a carto punch.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
the Provari says these are 1.7 ohms

The ohm rating is a +/- sort of thing. I do agree that the Boges typically meter out right at 1.75ohms, but they are the "2.0 ohm" version. It just struck me in your initial post that the only thing readily available in that specified load was the smoktech cartos. So i was hoping you had some carto issue at the root cause of why the bottom cap didn't fit correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread