Status
Not open for further replies.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Excellent review, Baditude. Very thorough and I like your follow ups and added info. Thank you for the time you put into it.

For me, I have a large variety of tanks but pretty much only use my Triple V Pyrex tanks now. I like the look of them and the holding capacity of the 7ml tanks cut down on refilling frequency. It really is a great value compared to what else is out there. I like to alternate juice flavors and I can't afford to pay $50 - $70 for each of my tanks to put different juices in, so I appreciate the prices at Valley View Vapes.

I recently upgraded one of my Triple V Pyrex Tanks with a set of black delrin caps from Valley View and it really completes the tank and makes filling much easier. I'm very satisfied with the looks, feel, performance, and price of it.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I just ordered 4 of the 4ml pyrex tanks. I think I am going to like them just no clue on how I am going to actually fill them without tearing anything :)

I would have went with the 7ml tank but I have like a hundred standard sized LR Boge cartomizers and don't want to waste them.

Slide a needle between the carto and the cap. I was worried but it os way easier than i expected.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just ordered 4 of the 4ml pyrex tanks. I think I am going to like them just no clue on how I am going to actually fill them without tearing anything.

The vendor sells a plastic or blunt needle with a plastic bottle. I found that a syringe loaded with the appropriate amount of juice worked better than the bottle.

Remove the entire tank from your mod. Insert the needle, without the syringe, either between the glass and grommet or between the carto and grommet. If you insert it from the bottom of the tank, any damage done to the grommet will be less noticed than from the top.

Once the needle tip is in the tank, attach the syringe and fill'er up. The needle likely will have pulled a portion of the grommet into the tank with it, so a dental tool is useful to tease it back into place. If you are patient and careful you can do all this without damaging the grommet.

Last edited:

RomanHelmet

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
USA
This is some great info guys. I just got a px7 pyrex tank in yesterday from vape dudes. It appears to be identical to the pyrex triple V tanks with the red grommets. I had a terrible time trying to figure out how to fill it earlier (I dumped tons of my ry4 all over the table). I am going to bust out my syringe and see how that works next fill.

And I think I am going to order those delrin caps from valley vapes. They are really cheap and should solve any issues I am having.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry to hear he's discontinued the black delrin end caps. I really liked the look of them on my white SB and black BB, and had absolutely no issues with them at all. Not sure how they could be improved upon.

I assume he's still offering the aluminum end caps? Not tried them, and preferred the look of the delrins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread