Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude,
Thank you so much for this thread. Saves a newbie, as myself, so much time on the learning curve.

I don't mind promoting a quality product, especially from a mom-and-pop type business that sincerely wishes to provide that product at an affordable price and with excellent customer service.

I have written a series of articles in my blog that can be accessed by clicking the link below my avatar. There are a couple of articles of interest like setting up a cartotank, a huge listing of vendors that sell pre-punched cartomizers for tanks, and also this review of the IBTanked.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Wow, I appreciate this review. I love the tube tank setups, but there are obviously big differences in quality between manufacturers. Had several cheap tanks leak. I ordered from IBTanked last night and can't wait to try it out. Looks like seriously nice quality with them. Also thanks for all the informative blog/threads too. Vast amounts of info for us noobs.

-=J

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Woohoo, got mine in today! Wow, this tank is made like a TANK. Very pleased with the purchase and considering the value, think it is awesome. Very nicely packaged, quick service (Ca to Ga - ordered Mon and had it by Fri). Even after I tossed them a curve ball and changed my order after placing it. Ordered the 25mm thinking it was the best fit for the Provari, then realizing my mistake changed it to the 19mm. They made up the difference and then some. Great customer service.
:toast:

Only wish my Provari had gotten here today (like the USPS tracking stated it should). :mad:

Now, if I had one minor request for a future revision from IBTanked, it would be a small countersunk area on the bottom cap for the carto flange. It causes a small gap on my iTaste MVP. Guessing it will be similar on the Provari. :confused:

--Just bought another one today!

Last edited:

kamil99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Knoxville, TN
Woohoo, got mine in today! Wow, this tank is made like a TANK. Very pleased with the purchase and considering the value, think it is awesome. Very nicely packaged, quick service (Ca to Ga - ordered Mon and had it by Fri). Even after I tossed them a curve ball and changed my order after placing it. Ordered the 25mm thinking it was the best fit for the Provari, then realizing my mistake changed it to the 19mm. They made up the difference and then some. Great customer service.
:toast:

Only wish my Provari had gotten here today (like the USPS tracking stated it should). :mad:

Now, if I had one minor request for a future revision from IBTanked, it would be a small countersunk area on the bottom cap for the carto flange. It causes a small gap on my iTaste MVP. Guessing it will be similar on the Provari. :confused:

--Just bought another one today!

i got my 22mm XL tank from ibt and i love it. as far as the lack of countersink... at first i was weary and noticed the gap all the time. after pondering it, i decided that it helped airflow. i used cartos in it that didn't have flanges and the tank would sit (nearly) flat on my vamo and what seemed like obstruct airflow. when i switched back to a flanged carto, the airflow seemed greatly improved. the separation between components has also kind of grown on me. sort of insect like with a head, thorax, and abdomen. now if only it had wings...

AbqDave

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Albuquerque, NM, USA
A couple of observations:

1. They have a really nifty drip tip that functions like the "Slap yo Mama" device. Basically seals off the mouth of the carto so you can fill without spilling, and reseat the carto without buggering up the o-rings. Very slick design, especially if you like long drip tips.

2. They are offering a great deal on a Bolt kit, that comes with the mod, a tank kit, five 2ohm carto's* and an extension tube. That's my current setup exactly.

*I feel that the 2ohm carto is a good match for this mod. You would probably want to "mod the mod" (rewire it) to use a low resistance carto -- anything that draws more than about 2amps. You get a decent, if cool vape with the 2.0's (6.8watts, 1.9amps) and it should work like a charm with a kick (eg, 8watts --> 4volts, 2amps). Me, I would get an AW IMR 18500 battery and stuff a kick in the extension. And get a decent charger. That whole setup would run about $137, not bad at all. Great way to step up from an ego and probably not a bad step up from cigalikes, for somebody comfortable with the electrics (read the battery thread on this forum).

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
tien71700 said:
Hey guys - Is the 22mm tank I want if I want it be flush with my Provari?
If you want it the same diameter as the tip of the Provari (where it narrows) then you need the 19mm. I have two 19mm and ordered a 22 mm to see how it goes.

This is true. The 19mm will be the same diameter as the Provari cone. If you have the Provari Pro Rings, the 22mm would be the tank to get, as it is the same diameter of the Provari's body tube.

IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg

19mm IBTanked on an Altsmoke BB and Provari. Two 19mm IBTanks on Provari's; XL and standard length.

204841d1367360118t-whats-your-provari-ecf_ibtanked_std_22mm_tank.jpg http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/385827-whats-your-provari-17.html#post9395862

22mm IBTanked on Provari with Pro Ring.

Last edited:

tien71700

Dec 23, 2011
milpitas, ca
This is true. The 19mm will be the same diameter as the Provari cone. If you have the Provari Pro Rings, the 22mm would be the tank to get, as it is the same diameter of the Provari's body tube.

View attachment 211031 View attachment 211033

19mm IBTanked on an Altsmoke BB and Provari. Two 19mm IBTanks on Provari's; XL and standard length.

View attachment 211035 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/385827-whats-your-provari-17.html#post9395862

22mm IBTanked on Provari with Pro Ring.

Thanks so much guys! I ordered a 22mm and LOVE it! The Pro Ring looks awesome too!!!

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
A couple of observations:

1. They have a really nifty drip tip that functions like the "Slap yo Mama" device. Basically seals off the mouth of the carto so you can fill without spilling, and reseat the carto without buggering up the o-rings. Very slick design, especially if you like long drip tips.

2. They are offering a great deal on a Bolt kit, that comes with the mod, a tank kit, five 2ohm carto's* and an extension tube. That's my current setup exactly.

*I feel that the 2ohm carto is a good match for this mod. You would probably want to "mod the mod" (rewire it) to use a low resistance carto -- anything that draws more than about 2amps. You get a decent, if cool vape with the 2.0's (6.8watts, 1.9amps) and it should work like a charm with a kick (eg, 8watts --> 4volts, 2amps). Me, I would get an AW IMR 18500 battery and stuff a kick in the extension. And get a decent charger. That whole setup would run about $137, not bad at all. Great way to step up from an ego and probably not a bad step up from cigalikes, for somebody comfortable with the electrics (read the battery thread on this forum).
Those are some good observations!

I now have a 19mm XL on my Provari and will be ordering another soon! Can't say enough how awesome this tank is...Best part, if you break it, it's only $5 for replacement pyrex tube and they send another thingy with it. Nothing but love for Ibtanked.com from me! :vapor:
Are you using the Provari ring with this set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread