AGR tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I'm really liking this tank too. Once DV gets them back in stock I'm going to order a few more. I really like having the fill screw, makes it really nice for filling especially at work. Also, when I punch the carto myself it doesn't matter so much if it isn't perfectly round since you don't have to slide that part thru the bottom cap. I'm just starting to punch my own, so this is really handy.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I really didn't expect to love mine so much. I really like my Phiniac, and I LOVE my IBTank.

The AGR isn't the prettiest, as it's much taller due to the adapter. And the fill screw is a little too close to the drip tip. But it's a great little tank that is secure.

I don't have any glass tanks yet, I've ordered one from High Desert Vapes over the weekend but it'll be a couple weeks before I see it. That won't be one that comes to work.

The AGR isn't pretty compared to the one I just ordered, but it's not a bad looking tank IMHO. I don't think that they could move the screw towards the outside of the cap any more than it already is without making the cap/tank bigger. Maybe if there is a screw with the same thread but with a smaller head? I have no idea if that exists.

finagle69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I don't have any glass tanks yet, I've ordered one from High Desert Vapes over the weekend but it'll be a couple weeks before I see it. That won't be one that comes to work.

The AGR isn't pretty compared to the one I just ordered, but it's not a bad looking tank IMHO. I don't think that they could move the screw towards the outside of the cap any more than it already is without making the cap/tank bigger. Maybe if there is a screw with the same thread but with a smaller head? I have no idea if that exists.

You're right. I doubt the screw could be moved at all, just a gripe really. :)

And to be honest... the two glass tanks I have, I'd rather bring them than any plastic one. The Phiniac and IBTanked glass is amazingly thick and strong. Plus their o-ring's grip on a carto is close to a vice!

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
Thats strange. Of the two I have, the draw is only slightly tighter then a DCT or Artemis tank.

Hmm...I've never had a problem with flooding. In fact, The problem I have is I have an incredibly tight draw. I have tried loosening the tank a bit from the pv to no avail, the punches on the carto are the same as my other tanks, just a really really tight draw.

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
I generally remove the drip tip when using the fill screw and I fill it by unscrewing the entire top and just pouring it in the tank.
For me, flooding occurs when I screw the top back on with the fill screw attached. Pressure builds up and I end up pushing the juice into the carto while screwing the top on. Easy solution, I leave the fill screw out giving the air somewhere to escape.
If you watch your carto you can see the filler getting soaked during the process. (with fill screw attached).
If you fill with a needle in the fill hole, well, that's a small hole and displaced air may have a problem escaping past your needle, creating pressure that causes flooding.

The 510 attachnment does not have side holes, just a center hole. Some mods, like certain lava tubes, have a slim center pin that can plug that up.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I generally remove the drip tip when using the fill screw and I fill it by unscrewing the entire top and just pouring it in the tank.
For me, flooding occurs when I screw the top back on with the fill screw attached. Pressure builds up and I end up pushing the juice into the carto while screwing the top on. Easy solution, I leave the fill screw out giving the air somewhere to escape.
If you watch your carto you can see the filler getting soaked during the process. (with fill screw attached).
If you fill with a needle in the fill hole, well, that's a small hole and displaced air may have a problem escaping past your needle, creating pressure that causes flooding.

The 510 attachnment does not have side holes, just a center hole. Some mods, like certain lava tubes, have a slim center pin that can plug that up.

510 attachment meaning the bottom stainless piece below the tank correct? Mine has slots in it for air flow, like a lower case t, between where the carto threads into the 510 threads of the bottom piece. I believe I read that there has been 2 versions of this, one with the 510 threading as a separate part (like a 510 to 510 adapter). My bottom piece with the threading is all one part, the threading is in the bottom skirt (not quite sure what to call that part of the tank).

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
Oh, I got V1 I guess, 510 to 510 adapter. Maybe I can drill some holes

Aha! I was in 2 coops, my second 1 is V2. I see the croshatching on the top of the lower skirt. Same kind of cross hatch you would see on the top of a battery mod. I could just cross hatch the 510 to 510 connector on my V1 and drill holes just above the threads like a regular 510 connection. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
Removing the top cap, and replacing it with the screw removed seems to be the ticket. At least for me anyway. I am treating the plug as a vent to put the cap on and not a fill port as I was at the start.

I think if the plug were larger, or in the tank like a Valley View Vapes or the Mom & Pop it would work that way.

I am somewhat of a chain vaper. I fill my XL tanks 3 to 5 times a day! So my cartos get a workout!

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
Guess I'll have to find a prepunched carto that's not flanged to try it out. Can't trust a punching tool.

With these you can screw the carto into the base, slide the punch on from the top and punch away. Perfect location everytime. Also I get boge pre punched cartos from a couple of vendors. Love them!

This is the punch I use.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The only thing I see is that Eric at Discount Vapers has the top cap right now. Maybe send him an email and ask if he has more parts coming in? I found the top cap in this section

Griffin Parts

Good luck

I don't know why that showed as Griffin parts, but the link does take you to the rebuildable parts section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread