Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY

Unfortunately the list isn't very complete.

I just got my AGR today...and am very pleased! I found that for filling...removing the screw and the top...filling then putting the top back on without the screw is working well for me. I put the screw on after it's all assembled. I do use a needle bottle, and the needle is pretty small, but it still doesn't seem to give quite enough room for air to pass through in the hole.

I am currently using my Ovale V8, and with this...I don't have to use a 510/eGo adapter with the cone anymore. I've been using my tanks on the V8 with the adapter to help protect from possible leaks (helps with the draw too, I've found). Anyway...don't have to do that now. Which is good because the AGR is pretty tall in the 6ml. mode!

I like very much!! Glad I ordered another one yesterday before DV ran out!

Last edited:

RoadToNever

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Sweden
Unfortunately the list isn't very complete.

I just got my AGR today...and am very pleased! I found that for filling...removing the screw and the top...filling then putting the top back on without the screw is working well for me. I put the screw on after it's all assembled. I do use a needle bottle, and the needle is pretty small, but it still doesn't seem to give quite enough room for air to pass through in the hole.

I am currently using my Ovale V8, and with this...I don't have to use a 510/eGo adapter with the cone anymore. I've been using my tanks on the V8 with the adapter to help protect from possible leaks (helps with the draw too, I've found). Anyway...don't have to do that now. Which is good because the AGR is pretty tall in the 6ml. mode!

I like very much!! Glad I ordered another one yesterday before DV ran out!

Why don't you add some he missed to the comments field?

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Why don't you add some he missed to the comments field?

I guess that's a loaded quesiton ...since I dawned on me after I posted that I punch my own cartomizers and don't use the flanged type. So maybe what he listed is all there is with non-flanged pre-punched. I stand possibly corrected. I do know Discount Vapers has Smoktech pre-punched with no flange...and that was listed.

I get my Boge cartomizers from Surevapes, Ikenvape (under their brand) and Hoosier's eCig Supply. The last one was NOT listed. But you have to punch your own or get the kind from Smoktech with the flange. I'm not sure, but possibly Stormy's carries the right kind. But I haven't checked, so I'm not sure. I know they have pre-punched for tanks there.

Forgive my haste in posting. The list is an excellent one, and I'm sure it'll be of great help to many!!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Nice video magentaman! Some good tips. I've been struggling with my AGR tanks since last weekend. I've followed every video I could find including PBusardo's and the one on the DV site. I know my way around tanks, but these guys really had me flummoxed. So, anyway...today I have managed to not only fill one with a new carto successfully, and without flooding...but have refilled it fully...and 2 more times partially (when half empty). Yes...I've been vaping a lot! haha! I have at least one variance on the above video:

I don't prime the cartomizer like I would for a "normal" tank. Whenever I did that, the darn thing would flood by the time I hit the half way mark on the tank. It might start out okay...but it would eventually flood. I did dig around in my stash of needles and syringes and found one that is small enough to function in the tiny fill hole, so I am using that. So anyway...here goes.

I have 85PG/15VG juice...a relatively thin menthol. Not watery, but probably considered pretty thin. I DIY, so all that's in the juice is the PG, VG, some flavorings and PG nic base. I punch my own cartos and use Boge cartomizers. So anyway, while I usually punch 2 holes vertically on my cartos, since the AGR feeds REALLY hard and fast...I only punch ONE for this tank. Then, instead of priming it by filling from the top (I use a needle bottle) like usual, I only put maybe 15 drops in the BOTTOM (screw/battery end) of the carto. One at a time...letting it soak in. Then I assemble the tank as usual. I remove the screw and use the small needle bottle to fill...angling it so a little air can get as best I can. Periodically I pull the needle out to insure air really is getting in there..then reinsert and continue. Once it's filled (it does take a bit longer)...I tip the tank around a little at various upright angles to make sure air is getting in there...then replace the screw.

It's working so far. I was about to give up...but it's working. Oh...and I got 2 of the AGR tanks. Before I realized what was wrong I'd filled the second one, then discovered that the grooves were not cut in the bottom locking piece. So..obviously...it doesn't work. Since I'd filled it I can't return it...so I view it that I now have 4 tubes, and 2 top caps w/screws and two bottom caps. At least one of the bottom locking pieces is grooved right...so I'll deal.

Overall though...I'd say it vapes really nice! And it's certainly solid.

Last edited:

RoadToNever

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Sweden
After using mine for a few days:

+
Locking fucntion
Fill hole
XL and regular length tubes included.

-
Sporadic flooding EDIT: Seems to have "settled"
Fill hole is too small, wont cooperate with my needle tip bottles. Nevermind, I was doing it wrong
A boge Xl carto wont clear the end cap with long tube.

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
After using mine for a few days:

Sporadic flooding
Fill hole is too small, wont cooperate with my needle tip bottles.
A boge Xl carto wont clear the end cap with long tube.

Your cartos aren't long enough? Mine are! All I have right now is Boge...and I'm using non-flanged XLs I punched myself. Fits fine. That's odd. Are your cartos flanged? Maybe they are a bit shorter or something?

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
Oh...and I got 2 of the AGR tanks. Before I realized what was wrong I'd filled the second one, then discovered that the grooves were not cut in the bottom locking piece. So..obviously...it doesn't work. Since I'd filled it I can't return it...so I view it that I now have 4 tubes, and 2 top caps w/screws and two bottom caps. At least one of the bottom locking pieces is grooved right...so I'll deal.

I am sure someone on here can slot that adapter for little or no charge. The groves are not very deep.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Thanks magentaman. I think I'm going to throw in the towel, however. Shortly after I posted here I went to the grocery store. I put my Ovale V8 with the AGR on it in my purse in a small pocket where it would sit upright. I kept it upright the whole time I was on the errand...but did use my 3.7 Gripper instead of it while out. When I got home...there was juice all over the top of my V8. There was NO reason for that! I had the device turned off. It was not bumped or tipped in any way. I checked and the top part seemed to be securely screwed onto the base locking piece. Then when I went to vape on it...it was flooded.

I give up. I'd rather just stick to the tanks I KNOW work...like the F16 and the Smoktech "DCT" and the Triple V tanks., IBTanks, Phiniac et al. I had bad luck with Smok's UDCT, too. It works okay...but it's a major pain in so many ways. So is this AGR. NOT a tank I would want to take out anywhere...which is pretty counterproductive for a tank, isn't it?! It was becoming nearly as fiddly and annoying as those aggravating clearomizers!!!

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
It was becoming nearly as fiddly and annoying as those aggravating clearomizers!!!

Sorry it's not working out for you. I feel the same way about 90% of the clearos on the market. Even the one my mom vapes on I hate. LOL

I would be willing to buy your AGR tanks from you if someone local to you does not want them. ( I am sure that might have broken some rule I don't know about).

RoadToNever

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Sweden
Your cartos aren't long enough? Mine are! All I have right now is Boge...and I'm using non-flanged XLs I punched myself. Fits fine. That's odd. Are your cartos flanged? Maybe they are a bit shorter or something?
I'ts "manufacturing variances", like your one tank that lacked have a o-ring notch....

bmrdave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Irving, TX
Just to confirm magentaman's experience, I switched to one hole punched cartos and haven't had flooding or leaking since, even after several refills. Now I do have a whole bunch of double punched cartos from a coop, but the holes are smaller than what my carto punch makes, so hopefully when I work my way to them they will be ok in the AGR.

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
Just to confirm magentaman's experience, I switched to one hole punched cartos and haven't had flooding or leaking since, even after several refills. Now I do have a whole bunch of double punched cartos from a coop, but the holes are smaller than what my carto punch makes, so hopefully when I work my way to them they will be ok in the AGR.

If they are Boge double punched, I believe the holes are half the size of the single punched. Both have worked well with my set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread