Ahhhh...the taste of burning plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

valsey

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2012
Georgia
Could I have burned up the packing fluid to the point where it's completely gunked up the atty? Guess it doesn't matter, but I'm still getting muted hits with some burning taste - not always, but more often than not.

I took off the spike plate and I thought the wick would come along with it, but it seems to be almost melted onto the coil. Does anyone have a picture of a wick and how it fits into one of these? From what I gather it should be a short piece of wick with one end covered in the mesh material (end towards batt) and the other end just wick coming up through the spike. Is that correct or was I looking at a wick for an ego-t? I don't see any mesh material at all, but I'm afraid to pull it of of the coils. Anybody have any ideas? Getting a bit frustrated with this.

My camera is terrible for close ups, but you might get some ideas from these photos.

Thanks!

Attachments

• P1010309.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010310.jpg
    P1010310.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

mini-monk

Moved On
Apr 24, 2012
ShenZhen
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I doubt if there was enough packing juice to gunk it up, it's probably from vaping.
The wicks sticking to the coil is why I don't take the spike plate off if I don't have to. I dry burn with the plate on and toss it in an ultrasonic.

If I do take a plate off I make sure the wick isn't pulling through. If it is I only pull the plate up enough to get a tool in there to break it loose so I don't pull it all the way out and I can push it back up.
The mesh may have stayed in the tube.

I don't know how you'll get the wick back in.

Below the plate the wick is fuzzed so it contacts the coil. In the spike the mesh wraps the wick so air can go up the 3 slots in the sides of the tube while the liquid wicks down to the coil.

Some people adjust the wicks but I haven't done it to know what does what.

It could be your juice or you just don't get along with that e-cig. I've got a juice I just cannot taste with the normal batteries and can barely taste with an Upgrade battery in unregulated mode.

valsey

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2012
Georgia
I'm enjoying my clearos and will be getting some cartos, but this was a $10 kit that I thought I would also try. I would still like to use this (with tanks that come with it or with direct dripping).

One thing I didn't mention - this is not a genuine Joyetech product. I wonder if mine was made differently because my wick is running THROUGH the coil. I pulled on the wick and the coil came with it. Figured this wasn't going to be fixed at that point and it was becoming an experiment ...so as I pulled, I could see that the coil was wrapped around the wick. And after pulling it out saw no mesh (unless it was within the burnt juice and disintegrated in my fingers.)

valsey

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2012
Georgia

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I wouldn't expect anything better from the genuine joye ones. I think they are just a straight up badly designed product made completely redundant by other solutions that work as well as them at their best or better, consistently.

And yet it seems most of those badmouthing Joyetech are basing their claims off cheap fakes or hearsay off internet forums without actually having any experience themselves.

I would like to know what these other better solutions are because all I have seen other than the T/C are things that revolve around the same old stuff that made me quit vaping 3 years ago.

dreamwalkz

Apr 25, 2012
SINGAPORE
Kinda hate the leaking juice when vapong on my VV Ego-T with the default tanks ;(
Need to get my hands on some vision clearomizers too ;)
Buy some vision clearomizers or some boge cartos. Both, in my opinion, far better solutions on an ego battery than the, again in my opinion, horrible cartridge tank systems that come with the ego-c and ego-t.

valsey

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2012
Georgia
Kinda hate the leaking juice when vapong on my VV Ego-T with the default tanks ;(
Need to get my hands on some vision clearomizers too ;)

I'm liking the vision clearomizers a lot. Only problem is the wick placement. Towards the end of the juice you need to kind of roll it around and tip it to get the juice to the wick. (I find myself rolling everything around in my hand now.) So you might waste some juice towards the end unless you're just filling up with the same kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread