Ahlusion E-Juice Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Whatever drew you here is great, what will keep you here is the exquisite taste of the juice, the lack of any bad taste and the sheer quality of the liquid

I'm excited. I just placed my order... For a first order from a new vendor, I went a little outside my normal conservative tendencies.

On my way are the following (10 ml), all 50/50 VG/PG and un-sweetened:
- Autumn Mist
- Caramel Apple
- Caramel Wild Wood
- Lemon Cream
- The Ron Effect

And I requested a sample of Caramel Coffee.

Now the waiting begins!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Those are all great and most of them are my top 10's. Lemon Cream is my ADV. Actually I go back and forth from Lemon Cream to Lemon Vanilla Cake. I have a fridge full of both. I have not tried Autumn Mist but everybody else has and raves about it.
I'm excited. I just placed my order... For a first order from a new vendor, I went a little outside my normal conservative tendencies.

On my way are the following (10 ml), all 50/50 VG/PG and un-sweetened:
- Autumn Mist
- Caramel Apple
- Caramel Wild Wood
- Lemon Cream
- The Ron Effect

And I requested a sample of Caramel Coffee.

Now the waiting begins!

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Those are all great and most of them are my top 10's. Lemon Cream is my ADV. Actually I go back and forth from Lemon Cream to Lemon Vanilla Cake. I have a fridge full of both. I have not tried Autumn Mist but everybody else has and raves about it.

I've read some places that lemon (and other citrus flavors) can crack plastic tanks. Do these lemons have that problem?

Bits scrambled by Tapatalk...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

I even mix my Lemon Cream with my LVC to get yet another delicious flavor! :D

Autumn Mist is nice but one-dimensional--I mostly get ripe pear. Ripe pear is good, but not an ADV.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Non of Ahlusion's juices crack tanks regardless of the flavor. However, it is best to use glass tanks in general.

I would prefer glass. But I just got the new Vapor Shark rDNA40 kit that comes with the Russian 91% which has an acrylic tank section, so I just wanted to be sure.

I really wish there was a glass tank option.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
It was lower back, L5, S1. I am nearly 3 weeks from surgery and am doing pretty good. He told me I could sit in moderation and I think I overdid it some so I've been pretty sore. I will be doing PT, should start next week. I think the doc is being pretty conservative but I appreciate it, I definitely don't want to re-injure myself.

Since you are in Nashville are you going to the Howell-Allen Clinic?

Never heard of that place. I am going to Southern Hills in Nashville. They have a new Spinal Surgery unit so I am hoping to have great success with the outcome. The last neck fusion in 2008 failed and those plate and screws got to come out and more levels be done. Then the levels in my back. Not sure how many, neurosurgeon only will talk neck right now. I am a nervous wreck but if the pain goes away and I can move my head and neck and then walk ok with back I will be a happy camper. My DH has cerebral palsy so I need to be able to walk and drive. Crossing my fingers and praying.

But all my doctors are thrilled that I was able to quit smoking after 46 years at 2 pad. My cardiologist even recommends vaping for his patients who smoke. I told him he can use me to help any of them that need advice on vaping and hands on help. Told him about Ahlusion too. The family doc and his nurses are against vaping; say it is worse than smoking so I showed them my setup: r91 and Provari. You should have seen their faces. You would have thought I pulled out a gun. lol

I have not told the neurosurgeon that I vape. The ortho and neuro doctors do not want to do spinal surgery on smokers and I am not going to take a chance that they will clump vaping with smoking and I lose the chance for needed surgery. All the doctors I have seen since I have been vaping have pretty much been anti vaping, including their nurses. They are reciting the FDA and anti smoking 'facts.' Talking to them does not work, at least for me, except for my cardiologist.

There is a lot of uphill work education wise for the medical personnel I have come across in the last year and a half. Lots of negative reactions with doctors in the Nashville area that I have had contact with. The nurses too. It is a shame. They have no problem prescribing Chantix though.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Shari, my best wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope everything works out. If you need my "Stealth Mix" just shoot me a PM. It's PG + VG + the NIC of your choice. I mix it for friends and myself. No odor/smell is emitted in the vapor. For some, it has a very very subtle "sweet" taste from the VG. It's also therapeutic in the sense that your taste buds may be nuked and or you have a soar throat. The challenge with other juice mixes is that we can't smell/detect what others are smelling.

My best wishes

/Steve

I will PM you in a few days. I have pg and vg and some nic. I have it and a bunch of flavors to learn DIY but have not been up to really trying it. So it is sitting waiting for me to take the leap. I did try to copy my CPBT and it was almost a total failure. It was vapable but not a win. Only try at DIY a couple of months ago.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I'm getting ready to place my first ever Ahlusion order, but I have a few questions for the experts!

So far, I'm thinking of:
- Caramel Wild Wood
- Autumn Mist
- Lemon Cream
- Caramel Apple

So for my questions:
I'm mainly going to be vaping in a Russian 91%. What VG / PG level is recommended?
Sweetened or unsweetened? How sweet are the flavors without adding sweetener?

Thanks for any help!

I use a Russian 91% all the time. I do not sweeten any of my Ahusion juices and I get them in 30vg and 70pg and they are flavorful in my r91. 50/50 seems to be fine also. The only ones you list that I have are the Caramel Wild Wood and the Lemon Cream.

The Caramel Wildwood is wonderful, but for me it is a bit too smokey. I personally prefer Smooth Criminal. The Lemon Cream is divine. My favorite Ahlusion flavor is Caramel Pear Black Tea. I have heard good things about all the flavors you have chosen. You should feel confident is your choices.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I would prefer glass. But I just got the new Vapor Shark rDNA40 kit that comes with the Russian 91% which has an acrylic tank section, so I just wanted to be sure.

I really wish there was a glass tank option.

You can order a glass kit for your Russian 91%. It will probably be listed as for a Kayfun Lite. I am not sure who carries them since I do not have a glass kit. I know Health Cabin and Fasttech have various ones but do not know quality of them.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Well it looks like I had a lot to say tonight. I have been trying to absorb all the well wishes and prayers and suggestions from all my friends here.

There are only 3 threads here on ECF that I frequent on a regular basis and this is one of them. I have found that this is a wonderful group of people that go out of their way to assist their fellow vapers and friends. It is greatly appreciated. The advice and assistance offered to new people to the thread is welcoming and just shows that their are good people out there. Very rarely do we run across negativity and bickering here. It is refreshing and comforting.

I will probably be venting here and there. I do not have live people to talk to. DH can only listen so much and since he will have to help me afterwards I do not want to overwhelm him or scare him more than he already is. I will try to not be a pain in the neck (lol) and not take advantage of this thread and the wonderful people here. I do try to stay on topic. Do not want to railroad this thread and get off track. Thank you all.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
I use a Russian 91% all the time. I do not sweeten any of my Ahusion juices and I get them in 30vg and 70pg and they are flavorful in my r91. 50/50 seems to be fine also. The only ones you list that I have are the Caramel Wild Wood and the Lemon Cream.

The Caramel Wildwood is wonderful, but for me it is a bit too smokey. I personally prefer Smooth Criminal. The Lemon Cream is divine. My favorite Ahlusion flavor is Caramel Pear Black Tea. I have heard good things about all the flavors you have chosen. You should feel confident is your choices.

Thanks for the good advise! I figured I'd go for the 50/50 blend first and then change ratios from there if I wanted!

I'll be sure to add smooth criminal to my list!

Also, I know I'm new to this thread, but I'll be sure to send some well wished your way!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thanks for the good advise! I figured I'd go for the 50/50 blend first and then change ratios from there if I wanted!

I'll be sure to add smooth criminal to my list!

Also, I know I'm new to this thread, but I'll be sure to send some well wished your way!

Thank you for your well wishes.

One thing I can tell you about this Ahlusion thread. You will get honest advice and impressions on the juices and flavors. This is not one of the fanboy threads where everything is wonderful and every other vendor sells garbage juice. We do not operate like that here, in my experience. If you have time, read back through the beginnings of this thread and you will find a good many of the flavors have been talked about in detail. It will help you decide what flavors you may be interested in trying first. It was a big help to me when I was starting out with Ahlusion.

I love Smooth Criminal. The recipe was changed this summer, supposedly just to alleviate the need for the long steep times that many of us prefer. Several people do not care for the new formula. Wlad says he has not changed the flavor profile at all. So far I love the old formula and the new formula does not seem to have the same magic/sweetness that I am used to. But my new bottle has not steeped long and I do still like it.

I am not a fruit vaper and do not like mints or menthols at all. There are flavors that I do not care for. I can tell that they are well done but they just do not do it for me. Just like any other vendor. But Ahlusion is my only juice vendor for almost the past 8 months. I have a couple others flavors at a couple of other vendors, but I order Ahlusion with confidence that I am getting a quality, consistent product every time.

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
I have not told the neurosurgeon that I vape. The ortho and neuro doctors do not want to do spinal surgery on smokers and I am not going to take a chance that they will clump vaping with smoking and I lose the chance for needed surgery. All the doctors I have seen since I have been vaping have pretty much been anti vaping, including their nurses. They are reciting the FDA and anti smoking 'facts.' Talking to them does not work, at least for me, except for my cardiologist.

I was transparent with my NS about vaping. I told him I cut down from 24mg to 6mg. He said he would have refused doing surgery if I had smoked cigarettes, but he told me that I could vape with no problem. His reasoning- smoking fills the bloodstream with carbon monoxide and reduces oxygen needed for recovery

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

With your indulgence, please permit me to post this plea for help. The Dr. Farsalinos crowdfunded campaign titled “Temperature of evaporation, liquid consumption and vapor analysis in realistic conditions” concludes in just a few short days. The goal of 72K has still not been reached. Dr. F is a long time friend of the Vaping Community and has published more Vaping centric scientific studies then any other scientist in the world. Given the focus of this study, the recent introduction of the DNA40, and the looming FDA deeming regulations, this study is critical and timely for all of us. Funding for this crowdfunded campaign study “…is addressed mostly to professionals and not e-cigarette consumers…” but if you are so inclined, "consumers" like you and me can contribute. Please help spread the word by contacting your own vendors and ask them to contribute. I am happy to report that Wlad/AHL has already contributed. Here is a work in progress list of Vaping Professionals who have contributed $500 or more from my Blog post:

Altsmoke, Nicquid, Ecigsupply, Vapor Kings, Cignot, Ahlusion, The Vapour Lounge, inTaste, DashVapes Inc, Avatar Set s.r.l, SvoëMesto, Good Life Vapor, Halcyonvapors, Simply Vapour, Baker White, PureCigs, Mountain Oak Vapors, House of Liquid, Concept Liquids, Alter Ego, 5 Pawns, Innokin Technology, Electronic Cigarette Trade Association of Canada, Costa Vapor, and ATMOS LAB.

Please take a few minutes out of your busy day and review this valuable crowdfunded campaign at the Indiegogo web site.

Thank you for your indulgence.

:)

/Steve

Last edited:
I have his V1 & V2, like them both....but love the V2 with the threaded chimney. Definetly worth it!!

I ordered two of those for my KFL and my experience was lackluster at best. I found the glass to be a bit too thin, one even cracked when I was taking it apart and the o-rings weren't all that firm. With the other one the o-rings don't seem to be tight enough and it comes apart quite easily. Of course thicker glass would impact juice capacity. I can usually fit around 4.5ml's in a tank with a polycarbonate m-tank on it and about 5ml's with the SOV glass tanks.

Having a very affectionate kitty that loves to curl up with me, and occasionally knocks over my mods (not on purpose), I would be quite afraid of even the smallest tip overs with this on my Provari or ZNA. At least my polycarbonate m-tanks on the KFL/Russian 91% have a 50/50 chance (in my experience) surviving a fall off the table onto the wood floor below. They always pop apart and the juice spills out but I've only had half of them actually crack.

The SOV glass tanks are nice, maybe I got a less than stellar batch. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread