Best Gourmet Ejuice Vendors #3 - Juice Junkies Saga Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I know I am not a normal contributor to this thread but have recently started buying a few different things lately. Some of these include the tobaccos from the red line from five pawns. In my mind, they are some of the best tobacco flavors I've tried in a long time which were not NET's. They are on the dryer side and all have some sort of fruit or citrus element but they remind me of a nice pipe tobacco. Kingside and Elo have more prominent fruit notes with Royal having less of a fruit impact but it is a real good tobacco. .

Hi Vicman.

I'm curious about the Five Pawn tobaccos you've mentioned. Have you ever vaped any of Ahlusion's tobaccos? I'm not referring to the Aromatics that Ahlusion offered, but eliquids like Caramel Wild Wood, Godfather, Shipwreck, rest of the Wild Woods, etc... The reason I'm asking is I was wondering if the 5P eliquids were similar to Ahlusion's take on tobaccos, or are they more of a chemical like taste that Halo translated in their tobacco like juices.

Are all 3 using the same tobacco base?

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Hi Vicman.

I'm curious about the Five Pawn tobaccos you've mentioned. Have you ever vaped any of Ahlusion's tobaccos? I'm not referring to the Aromatics that Ahlusion offered, but eliquids like Caramel Wild Wood, Godfather, Shipwreck, rest of the Wild Woods, etc... The reason I'm asking is I was wondering if the 5P eliquids were similar to Ahlusion's take on tobaccos, or are they more of a chemical like taste that Halo translated in their tobacco like juices.

Are all 3 using the same tobacco base?

I don't think they are using the same base flavor. The Kingside tobacco states it has a Burley base and I do get that from it. It also has a slight berry note which I think is raspberry but it is not the dominate flavor. The Royal has a Havana base and it really does taste that way to me. That is based on my limited experience with Havana tobaccos. Elo states it has a Brazilian tobacco which I have no idea what that would taste like. It has the most pronounced citrus note which is either lime or lemon or a combination of both. It blends well with the tobacco though and has become my favorite of the three.

I have had Ahlusion's tobaccos before and liked them but they seemed more of a subtle tobacco. I know they got stronger as they steeped but I have little to no patience so vaped through them before they got any age haha. They were good though.

FP's does not seem chemically like Halo tobaccos do. I am not a fan of the Halo tobaccos as they leave a funky aftertaste, but like their mints/menthol offerings. I get no chemical taste from FP. Never had FP's before I ordered the tobaccos and Castle Long Reserve a month back. Just did it as sort of a thank them for sponsoring the Smokers Show. Glad I did.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I don't think they are using the same base flavor. The Kingside tobacco states it has a Burley base and I do get that from it. It also has a slight berry note which I think is raspberry but it is not the dominate flavor. The Royal has a Havana base and it really does taste that way to me. That is based on my limited experience with Havana tobaccos. Elo states it has a Brazilian tobacco which I have no idea what that would taste like. It has the most pronounced citrus note which is either lime or lemon or a combination of both. It blends well with the tobacco though and has become my favorite of the three.

I have had Ahlusion's tobaccos before and liked them but they seemed more of a subtle tobacco. I know they got stronger as they steeped but I have little to no patience so vaped through them before they got any age haha. They were good though.

FP's does not seem chemically like Halo tobaccos do. I am not a fan of the Halo tobaccos as they leave a funky aftertaste, but like their mints/menthol offerings. I get no chemical taste from FP. Never had FP's before I ordered the tobaccos and Castle Long Reserve a month back. Just did it as sort of a thank them for sponsoring the Smokers Show. Glad I did.

I appreciate the response. I think I am going to order some in 18mg and dig out one of my old mtl setups.

Reactions: Vicman

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hi Anthony, Speaking of Ahlusion, I am still a loyal customer of their juice. I order from them once every six weeks or so. I strongly recommend their Katarina, if you like Peach at all. It's been my favorite juice for the past couple of years. I recently found a bottle of Caramel Wild Wood, that was best by July of 2015. I loaded it in a new tank and it still tastes great. I can't tell if the nicotine has degraded or not. It's labelled 12 mg, so if it's down to a 9 or a 10, it doesn't matter to me.

Ahlusion last a long time. I had a few from years ago and Skeebo sent me some and they were still good after 4 years.

Ahlusion is going to have to wait in line though behind five Pawns. They don’t order to Australia or anywhere outside of the US. After all these years they still don’t ship outside the US. Slackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I know I am not a normal contributor to this thread but have recently started buying a few different things lately. Some of these include the tobaccos from the red line from Five Pawns. In my mind, they are some of the best tobacco flavors I've tried in a long time which were not NET's. They are on the dryer side and all have some sort of fruit or citrus element but they remind me of a nice pipe tobacco. Kingside and Elo have more prominent fruit notes with Royal having less of a fruit impact but it is a real good tobacco. The 2019 CLR is pretty tasty; never had any version of it before so not sure how it would compare.

Thanks for this Vicman. I was really wondering about those five Pawns tobaccos and like yourself I tend to stick to NETs when I vape tobaccos. I am keen to try those. I have always held five Pawns in high regards so I trust if they made a tobacco synthetic it must be pretty good.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I appreciate the response. I think I am going to order some in 18mg and dig out one of my old mtl setups.

I love doing that. Recently I pulled out two IGO-Ls and two Phoenix variants MTL Drippers (of course we didn’t call them MTL drippers back then because there was no such thing as sub-ohm vaping).

I was surprised at how good the flavour was in the Igo-Ls.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I love doing that. Recently I pulled out two IGO-Ls and two Phoenix variants MTL Drippers (of course we didn’t call them MTL drippers back then because there was no such thing as sub-ohm vaping).

I was surprised at how good the flavour was in the Igo-Ls.

I find mtl setups still very useful on some of my old favorite juices. With my DL setups the flavor kind of bends and is not accurate. I only have to raise the nic level. I love Halo's Prime 15, which they make in both a high VG version and one a high PG ratio. I prefer the original high PG version because it's what I remember Prime 15 tasting like and the high VG version doesn't capture this. Caramel Wild Wood is this way too. It's almost sacrilegious to vape it in anything other than 50/50.

I have a Veritas rda that I need to find a center post for.... I use to kill some AHL strawberry vanilla cake in that.

Ahlusion last a long time. I had a few from years ago and Skeebo sent me some and they were still good after 4 years.

A couple of weeks ago a member on the forums was looking for a particular atty that I had. When I was looking for the box I found about 12- 60ml bottles of various Ahlusion tobaccos, all dated 2014. It was all so dark and thick I couldn't do anything with it. There is a certain nostalgia those cobalt blue bottles bring.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
Thanks for this Vicman. I was really wondering about those five Pawns tobaccos and like yourself I tend to stick to NETs when I vape tobaccos. I am keen to try those. I have always held five Pawns in high regards so I trust if they made a tobacco synthetic it must be pretty good.

Well, I have been vaping my own synthetic tobacco mixes for the past couple years. I like them but they don't compare to NET's. The gunk factor kind of keeps me from vaping them often. I was looking for something new to possibly try to duplicate but I doubt I would be able to as I am not that complex of a mixer. Not worried though, these will be my guilty pleasure for the time being.

Like mentioned in another post, I've been vaping them on MTL set ups in the Biip and Vaporesso Aurora Play. I think tobaccos shine in MTL set ups so that has been where my vaping journey has taken me the past year.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

Hey Vicman, I just want to let you know they got five pawns on sale at vapecentric. It's selling for $14.59 a bottle, the tobacco. The other 5pawn products as well at 30% off.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I find mtl setups still very useful on some of my old favorite juices. With my DL setups the flavor kind of bends and is not accurate. I only have to raise the nic level. I love Halo's Prime 15, which they make in both a high VG version and one a high PG ratio. I prefer the original high PG version because it's what I remember Prime 15 tasting like and the high VG version doesn't capture this. Caramel Wild Wood is this way too. It's almost sacrilegious to vape it in anything other than 50/50.

I have a Veritas rda that I need to find a center post for.... I use to kill some AHL strawberry vanilla cake in that.

A couple of weeks ago a member on the forums was looking for a particular atty that I had. When I was looking for the box I found about 12- 60ml bottles of various Ahlusion tobaccos, all dated 2014. It was all so dark and thick I couldn't do anything with it. There is a certain nostalgia those cobalt blue bottles bring.

The veritas was great. I have one as well.

I am desperately trying to run my order through Ahlusion with my Planet Express account and while age verification worked my credit card was declined. I sent an email to Ahlusion about the declined credit card and they haven’t answered after 4 days. This would be my first ever order directly with Ahlusion but they make it so difficult.

I just found out a few days ago they have actually blocked the international community from their Facebook page. I can’t access their fB just to send them a heads up about my email.

I have caramel wildwood, cherry and apple wildwoods as well and strawberry vanilla cake in that order. I wanted the lemon vanilla cake but it’s currently sold out. I haven’t had godfather/smooth criminal in 5 years so I am keen to get some. I also got a few of the aromatics even though I know they are no longer NETs.

Reactions: Skeebo

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hey Vicman, I just want to let you know they got five pawns on sale at vapecentric. It's selling for $14.59 a bottle, the tobacco. The other 5pawn products as well at 30% off.

I agree entirely about your assessment of how to vape the Ahlusion juices and I feel the same way about Five Pawns.

I vape them no less than 6 ml and mostly MTL with the occasional restricted direct lung to get the most out of the flavour.

Reactions: Skeebo

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Nice thread all.
I often order juice from your side of the pond as I'm a bit of a vermilion river fan but I urge you guy's who like tobacco pud blends to order some manabush from over here.
The nokomis range is a light tobacco with different elements like custard, biscuit, coconut, banana ect and is mind blowingly good and a staple here.
If you like your tobacco bolder look at their firewater blend which mixes a smooth bold cigar tobacco with bourbon and other flavour elements.
The guy is a genius in complementary flavours to tobacco.
Definitely worth a punt all.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Of course.
Manabush Ltd - Manufacturers of Quality E-Liquids
Didn't want to come across as a salesman, lol. Just a huge fan.
Have a look. I can promise it's as good as it looks.

I just had a look at the site and read the descriptions.

These look and sound amazing. I wish I didn’t see this because I’ve spent a fortune on juices already this month lol.

Are these Naturally Extracted Tobacco?

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
I just had a look at the site and read the descriptions.

These look and sound amazing. I wish I didn’t see this because I’ve spent a fortune on juices already this month lol.

Are these Naturally Extracted Tobacco?

They are amazing.
While not specifically net they do contain a touch.
He always called the range tobacco 're imagined. The flavour notes like nut, caramel,chocolate, fruit ect that you pick out from a good tobacco are expanded on. The manabush tobacco blend is an underlying base note across the nokomos range. The firewater and indigene are more bold in the tobacco element. He nails the flavour better than anyone else around for me.
For those who don't like to return to tobacco the spiritwalker range has the same flavour profiles as the nokomis range but with a complimentary desert style base.
I've said before, I was really surprised it isn't as well known in the US. I know he's won a fair few awards for best tobacco liquid at various vape shows across Europe over the year's and I remember grim green using chiri sun in one of his tutorials that he grabbed while at a UK expo, and waxing lyrical about it.
Next month grab some. I've never recommended a juice like this one. It almost has a 100% hit rate.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
They are amazing.
He always called the range tobacco 're imagined. The flavour notes like nut, caramel,chocolate, fruit ect that you pick out from a good tobacco are expanded on. The manabush tobacco blend is an underlying base note across the nokomos range. The firewater and indigene are more bold in the tobacco element. He nails the flavour better than anyone else around for me.
For those who don't like to return to tobacco the spiritwalker range has the same flavour profiles as the nokomis range but with a complimentary desert style base.
I've said before, I was really surprised it isn't as well known in the US. I know he's won a fair few awards for best tobacco liquid at various vape shows across Europe over the year's and I remember grim green using chiri sun in one of his tutorials that he grabbed while at a UK expo, and waxing lyrical about it.
Next month grab some. I've never recommended a juice like this one. It almost has a 100% hit rate.

They sound wonderful. If I am not wrong the flavour profile appears to be suitable for MTL vaping which I do a lot and I am sure, a lot of tobacco aficionados still lean towards as their preferred method of vaping.

With the resurrection of MTL kits such as the Aspire Tigon, Berserker and OBS MTL Cube Kit, I think flavour profiles like this come into the market well situated.

I am not as keen as vaping strictly NET like I used to so alternatives to NETs that still capture and glorify the flavor profile and nuances of tobacco is very desirable. As the appeal for NETs wanes I think the market for synthetic tobacco flavours has increased.

Reactions: Black wings

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
They are amazing.

PS - if Ahlusion don’t start looking at their emails
I might order this month.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
Anyone else get an email with a coupon code from Halo? They are trying to get my business back. I ordered from them 6 or 7 years ago. It's been a long while. Anyways, I can't get the coupon code to work. I suppose I should contact them. Just wondering if anyone else was having a similar issue?
Lordy. Blast from the past. I remember seeing halo juices winning some best tobacco flavours in some online US tobacco juice poll's.
Ordered the range... man was I disappointed.

What did surprise me was how sweet the desert flavours from the state's where becoming. Not just US to be fair. Premium labs in Canada and Malay juice too.
I remember when dinner lady's lemon tart from over here was taking off in the states and the reviewer's where saying it isn't a sweet juice, lol.
It's a good juice indeed but it's sweet.
I actually tested some juices (used to work in a pharmaceutical factory). element, I can't believe it's not doughnut and worlds best custard and all three contained sugar. Not sweetener, sugar. Probably corn syrup we surmised. That's a tad worrying.
Seeing this trend appear in some UK liquids now too. Miami drip club is insanely sugar packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread