Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Lordy. Blast from the past. I remember seeing halo juices winning some best tobacco flavours in some online US tobacco juice poll's.
Ordered the range... man was I disappointed.

What did surprise me was how sweet the desert flavours from the state's where becoming. Not just US to be fair. Premium labs in Canada and Malay juice too.
I remember when dinner lady's lemon tart from over here was taking off in the states and the reviewer's where saying it isn't a sweet juice, lol.
It's a good juice indeed but it's sweet.
I actually tested some juices (used to work in a pharmaceutical factory). element, I can't believe it's not doughnut and worlds best custard and all three contained sugar. Not sweetener, sugar. Probably corn syrup we surmised. That's a tad worrying.
Seeing this trend appear in some UK liquids now too. Miami drip club is insanely sugar packed.

I haven’t ordered from Halo in about 6-7 years as well. I really like the TriBeCa and I think one called freedomsmoke. I liked Prime and Torque 56 but I went off them quick too. The base really throws me after a while. Halo has a very distinct base flavor.

Skeebo sent me some Halo liquids a few years back and I remember really liking one that was called longhorn I think it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I haven’t ordered from Halo in about 6-7 years as well. I really like the TriBeCa and I think one called freedomsmoke. I liked Prime and Torque 56 but I went off them quick too. The base really throws me after a while. Halo has a very distinct base flavor.

Skeebo sent me some Halo liquids a few years back and I remember really liking one that was called longhorn I think it was.

It was either longhorn or freedom juice that reminded me a little of Goodejuice Patriot. I've tried going back to the Halo site, but so much has changed. They have different lines, some "budget friendly", and I am not sure which ones are similar to the old flavors they use to carry. The only way I could tell was from the reviews, someone would comment, "this is like the old blank". Tribeca is still there, and they had 3 different flavor variations of it I think..

I use to love Prime 15.

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
It was either longhorn or freedom juice that reminded me a little of Goodejuice Patriot. I've tried going back to the Halo site, but so much has changed. They have different lines, some "budget friendly", and I am not sure which ones are similar to the old flavors they use to carry. The only way I could tell was from the reviews, someone would comment, "this is like the old blank". Tribeca is still there, and they had 3 different flavor variations of it I think..

I use to love Prime 15.

Yep me too. I also liked Prime 15. I think it was my favorite.

I would guess that Longhorn was the one that was closest to Patriot by Goodejuice. It was a woody tobacco flavour and quite robust.

I am sure the vendor would tell you the current day equivalents of the older staples on the site.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
My manabush order has arrived in record time from the UK.

I first heard about this brand from members of this and another group and after some research can see that the business has been operating since 2014. The mixologist is Martyn Zombie Tuesday (his actual name).

From what I understand the flavours from manabush used to be composed of NETs and flavorings and with a tightening of tobacco laws throughout the world, Martyn went about strenuous testing and sampling of synthetic blends to recreate his NETs with a synthetic equivalent that would eventually replace the NETs.

I’ve received all of the 3 lines from manabush being the popular Nokomis line, the firewater line which has a richer, bolder tobacco flavour and the spiritwalker line which contains some of the equivalent blends in the tobacco lines without the tobacco.

I was excited about this order because I’ve not ordered any vape juice from the UK since 2012.

So far I’ve only tried Nokomis and Waxahachie.

These juices are the real deal. I have not enjoyed a synthetic tobacco like this in years.

Nokomis is creamy and a sweet. It is not sickly sweet. The sweetness brings the whole together and blends well with the creamy tobacco base. It’s not quite as sweet as Candied Cavendish from The Plume Room but if I had to find an American equivalent that might be it. Likewise the sweetness factor isn’t as high as Heathers Heavenly Vapes NETs but there is also a resemblance in flavour profile. Add a creamy profile to Legend or Serendipity from HHV and there is a resemblance.

Nokomis is complex and while it is a bit sweet I wouldn’t call it a dessert vape. I think the sweetness just smooth it all out. If I had to break the sweetness down I would say it’s a custardy creaminess and not a fresh crisp custard but more of an eggy rich decadent custard.

The juice is of a good quality. I’ve been vaping it all day and no headaches or jitters. It could possibly benefit from a steep. My instincts tell me the flavours need to meld more but as it is, it’s a great vape. I honestly couldn’t put it down. It’s nice when a juice reaches my expectations and then exceeds it.

Bare in mind that the whole Nokomis range has this tobacco base so I can only imagine all of the juices are good in the range but I’ve yet to try them all.

The Waxahachie was also good, great actually. There is a gingerbread flavour with a hint of chocolate that is really well blended with the tobacco.

And to think I’ve yet to try the juices in the range that are highly praised like Powwow, Nanabozho and Chiracacua.

Whilst the tobaccos are synthetic I could swear I am vaping a NET. The tobacco base is light and sweet, smooth and well rounded. There is no funkiness to the base flavour, it’s not bold or rough, it’s just a good smooth mild tobacco flavour.

These juices perform best around 10-20 watts on mouth to lung devices or restricted lung inhale. They could work well in pod mods but I think they deserve well built MTL rebuildable systems like OBS MTL, kayfuns and berserkers to really capitalise on these complex decadent blends.

I can’t wait to try the rest.

Last edited:

JeepR KReapR

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2014
SE Michigan
Hey y’all! Long time no talk. I’m still vaping! I’m also newly married and got my husband off a 2 PPD habit. Yay! I’m wondering if anyone has tried the plume room lately? I used to love their banana pudding but I made myself sick of it. Specifically wondering about the angel tears and the cinna drizzle coffee cake. My current set up is an Aegis and a falcon tank, if that helps. Hope everyone is well!

Hey stranger! Been a long time!

I too have been lurking ECF for several years, just enough to keep up on the latest TC tech, coil & wick builds etc.

I have become slavish to my juice though, nothing but Ahlusion tobacco blends for years (Deal Maker, Desperado, Devil Dog, etc).

Wife & I are looking to venture into vaping for taste instead of strictly a smoking substitution I guess. Will probably stick with Ahlusion for now since I like supporting local business (they are about an hour away even though I buy strictly online).

Question, when venturing into the dessert/fruit flavors when you get the option to ‘sweeten’ what are they adding? I’m assuming sugar or high fructose corn syrup. If that’s the case I’ll skip blasting the enamel off my teeth with that option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Hope all the Juice Junkies are having a WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!

4th-of-July.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hey stranger! Been a long time!

I too have been lurking ECF for several years, just enough to keep up on the latest TC tech, coil & wick builds etc.

I have become slavish to my juice though, nothing but Ahlusion tobacco blends for years (Deal Maker, Desperado, Devil Dog, etc).

Wife & I are looking to venture into vaping for taste instead of strictly a smoking substitution I guess. Will probably stick with Ahlusion for now since I like supporting local business (they are about an hour away even though I buy strictly online).

Question, when venturing into the dessert/fruit flavors when you get the option to ‘sweeten’ what are they adding? I’m assuming sugar or high fructose corn syrup. If that’s the case I’ll skip blasting the enamel off my teeth with that option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I do believe that ejuice vendors owe us answers to what they contain (just like a can of soup in the supermarket.) Some do, some don't.

Ahlusion answered my question, long ago, about their sweeteners. They said if they added sweetener it was the ethyl maltose stuff, which I think is harmless vs the sucralose, which ain't.
Things may have changed, so you'll need to ask them. They're good about answering questions, to their credit.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Hello Juice Junkies, it's definitely been awhile. Catching up will be impossible but just reading back a few pages I see some of the same folks here, vaping some old favorites. Y'all are making me want to break my promise to myself since I started doing the DIY thingie a couple of years ago and ordering vendor juice. I haven't ordered anything but the odd bottle of TPR from my friends over at The Plume Room since I started crafting my own recipes.
Godfather would be nice as would several other Ahl, but once I got started I'd probably spend well over a hundo,....EASY! LOL

Currently my cost has gone down significantly. I usually don't have to spend but around $30 per month. That's pretty good considering my monthly order use to go well over $150.

Anyways guys, good seeing those of you I remember. I might start back dropping in again..who knows?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hello Juice Junkies, it's definitely been awhile. Catching up will be impossible but just reading back a few pages I see some of the same folks here, vaping some old favorites. Y'all are making me want to break my promise to myself since I started doing the DIY thingie a couple of years ago and ordering vendor juice. I haven't ordered anything but the odd bottle of TPR from my friends over at The Plume Room since I started crafting my own recipes.
Godfather would be nice as would several other Ahl, but once I got started I'd probably spend well over a hundo,....EASY! LOL

Currently my cost has gone down significantly. I usually don't have to spend but around $30 per month. That's pretty good considering my monthly order use to go well over $150.

Anyways guys, good seeing those of you I remember. I might start back dropping in again..who knows?

I am so happy to see you post !
I was thinking of you the other day !

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I am so happy to see you post !
I was thinking of you the other day !
Hello my friend, great to see you! I often think of you as well. I sure have missed a lot.. Facebook is being mean to us vapers so you'll probably be seeing a lot of us old dropouts again. Bwahaha

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Lots of the same people are still here.
It's such a shame that vaping is being villainized, I just don't get it...
Since you are mixing you will probably enjoy this thread :
Random DIY mixing and More
Just jump in !

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Can anyone recommend me an ejuice with the profile of "Butter peacan muffin with glazed donut"...

The taste im looking for is similar to Stud Muffin by MF Vapor... Stud muffin is
ridiculesly priced by the very few vendors that carry it so im looking for a substitute that taste just as good....

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
What happened, I ask one question and I get the crickets...

King's Crest has a great pecan flavored juice. It's called Don Juan Reserve.... it was my favorite for about 3 years and I am still trying to replicate it. If you do get some make sure you get the Reserve one and not just the plain Don Juan.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
King's Crest has a great pecan flavored juice. It's called Don Juan Reserve.... it was my favorite for about 3 years and I am still trying to replicate it. If you do get some make sure you get the Reserve one and not just the plain Don Juan.
Vaped it already, not even close to the flavor profile I want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread