Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
ACS blows... I'll do it but I doubt they'll look at vaping any different than Ins. Co.'s do.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
They and the American Heart Society are against vaping. They both take the "no nicotine" is the only acceptable solution. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the fact that the big tobacco companies are very big donors.

But I think that's the whole point. Force them to acknowledge that vaping works.

And I have to put together a new order -- I got a feedback coupon today and I've barely tried the flavors I have.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Sirius, my "first of the day" vape is either Godfather or Drewdles. Sorry if that doesn't help!
It's okay...RR is a win,..win all purpose vape. I could just vape this all the time really if it was all I had.
015bdddfd3086d517e08ff51ed4d65e5.jpg

Fortunately that's not the case tho El.[emoji12]

cloud.nine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Ahlusionati came through again Cloud! Nice [emoji209]

Yes, so kind of tyleris12! unfortunately tyleris has droppers for the 60 ml bottles and I need droppers for 30s, so I'm still searching!

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
What I have:
Ahlusion Tiramisu - haven't tried it yet
Blueberry Vanilla Cake - I like it. I'm not very big on blueberry flavored things although I love the fruit. I'll definitely get it from time to time
Boba Tea - hate it
Ginger Candy - I haven't tried it but am really looking forward to it. But even if I adore it, I won't reorder it right now. I still have almost 60ml of Poeia's Minty Gingerbread to finish
Gold Member - haven't tried it yet
Peppermint Bark - like it
Peppermint Mocha - haven't tried it yet
Rasputin - haven't tried it yet
Sweet Cherry Something - haven't tried it yet
Ying Yang - haven't tried it yet

Recommendations needed.
Coffee -- I drink iced coffee. It's about 2/3 coffee, 1/3 milk with a lot of sweetener. I don't like very dark coffee and I hate bitter coffee.

I like custards but I have 20 ml of deejStuff Bavarian Cream and 30 ml of Tasty Vapor Vanilla Custard to vape (or mix with other stuff) before I buy more. I'm not ruling out flavored custards.

I like cheesecakes but have both of Ahlusion's already. (Although I don't like the texture of the food cheesecake so I rarely eat it.)

I like fruit but usually only have one or two fruit flavors open at a time. My favorite is pear so I'm considering Caramel Pear White Tea, Oasis, Pearadise Dream and Tarte Tatin Pear (but only want to get one of them).

I won't eat or vape anything anything with coconut, grapefruit, hazelnut or pineapple. I don't vape tobacco. And I don't really drink so I don't have much of a taste for alcohol (but wouldn't rule out cocktails as long as they don't taste boozy.)

Help please!

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
What I have:
Blueberry Vanilla Cake - I like it. I'm not very big on blueberry flavored things although I love the fruit. I'll definitely get it from time to time
Boba Tea - hate it
Ginger Candy - I haven't tried it but am really looking forward to it. But even if I adore it, I won't reorder it right now. I still have almost 60ml of Poeia's Minty Gingerbread to finish

Recommendations needed.
Coffee -- I drink iced coffee. It's about 2/3 coffee, 1/3 milk with a lot of sweetener. I don't like very dark coffee and I hate bitter coffee.

I like custards but I have 20 ml of deejStuff Bavarian Cream and 30 ml of Tasty Vapor Vanilla Custard to vape (or mix with other stuff) before I buy more. I'm not ruling out flavored custards.

I like cheesecakes but have both of Ahlusion's already. (Although I don't like the texture of the food cheesecake so I rarely eat it.)

I like fruit but usually only have one or two fruit flavors open at a time. My favorite is pear so I'm considering Caramel Pear White Tea, Oasis, Pearadise Dream and Tarte Tatin Pear (but only want to get one of them).

I won't eat or vape anything anything with coconut, grapefruit, hazelnut or pineapple. I don't vape tobacco. And I don't really drink so I don't have much of a taste for alcohol (but wouldn't rule out cocktails as long as they don't taste boozy.)

Help please!
I'll suggest a few that meets your criteria. Pearadise Dream (best pear) Strawberry Cream... Mango Lassi .
Papaya Lassi...Lime Cream...Autumn Mist (tastes like Golden Deciduous Apples)
For a coffee Cafe au Lait is wonderful

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
What I have:
Boba Tea - hate it

Recommendations needed.

I like custards but I have 20 ml of deejStuff Bavarian Cream and 30 ml of Tasty Vapor Vanilla Custard to vape (or mix with other stuff) before I buy more

I like cheesecakes but have both of Ahlusion's already. (Although I don't like the texture of the food cheesecake so rarely eat it.)

Help please!

Oh, Dear. You're in the right symphony, but imho, IMHO, you've not been introduced to the First Chairs.
Coffee- Can't help you. Don't give up on Boba Tea Plain. Let it sit for MONTHS. Does wonders. I thought everyone was drinkin the KoolAid professing this juice. For some of us, it just take a LOT of time.

I liked Kona Kick awhile. My wife LOVED Caramel coffee, and I understood. I like my coffee strong, NOT sweet but the Caramel Coffee might be your cuppa.

Custards- U sure those are safe? We care. Fort Custard is very nice, and I'd give it to my Mom.

Cheesecakes- Lookin GOOD

Fruit. Pear, haven't had one that rocks me, excepting Caramel Pear Black Tea, which is NOT about the pear. How about Apple? Pure Apple is rockin my world today. Lotsa great fruits in this lineup. One of the genre's you just gotta kinda work your way through.

Coconut- Hate it ALL you want, but don't miss Fijian Nights. Gonna change your mind about that. You can lump Coco Berry Cream in there too. Hate Coconut, Looooove CBC and FN.

A couple important things. The FOODS I like have no bearing on the VAPES I like. Often, OFTEN, contrary MUCH to my own surprise. Also, the VAPES I've had from others, ie Pineapple (Singed my nose hairs) and crappy coconuts do NOT apply to this vendor. Sadly, you almost have to toss everything you ever thought you knew about flavorings with this vendor.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Custards- U sure those are safe? We care. Fort Custard is very nice, and I'd give it to my Mom.

Do not diss deejStuff. He's been my sole juice supplier for almost 3 years and I will mourn the loss for a long time. But LisaR sent me here and she was also a deejStuff vaper so she knows what my standards are. (Also important is that Ahlusion does not sweeten their juice unless you ask for it.)

I'm looking forward to trying Fort Custard, just not in this order.

Thanks for the recs, Sirius & Corporal LeBeau. Food for thought.

ETA: And, despite the Boba Tea, I'm still going for a sample of the coffee version. If I love that, I won't need any other coffees.

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
What I have:
Boba Tea - hate it

Recommendations needed.
I can let you know about the ones I have tried
Tiramusi-not a fav and please do not let it tarnish your view of AHL because it is like a bitter coffee (to me)
Blueberry Vanlla Cake-light on the flavor
Boba Tea is best when it is either Boba Tea Coffee or Boba Tea Coconut but you do not like coconut so forget that for now
Ginger Candy-good but not memorable
Sweet Cherry Somethinig-the Cherry is exquisite but it was too light on the flavor for me.

In my opinion you have not picked some of the best AHL. AHL excels at fruits, not so much desserts although that might be changing with the intro of the Cheesecakes.
Pick one or two fruits you like and try them. Get your custards and your desserts from your other fav vendors
Mango Lassi and Lemon Cream (even if vaping Lemon has no appeal to you) cannot be beat

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
What I have:
Boba Tea - hate it

Recommendations needed.

Help please!

A couple of thoughts...

First, sorry you hate Boba Tea. As LLB said, do not give up on it yet, it gets better with long, long steeping. However, I don't know if that will change your feelings toward it, because the flavor doesn't change drastically, it just becomes richer and more complex.

If you hate Boba Tea, you might hate Boba Coffee, too. I got a sample of it this week, and although I haven't tried it yet, it smells like straight Boba Tea with a little coffee undertone. Probably with steeping the coffee will come to the forefront. If it doesn't I will probably still like it, but you probably wouldn't.

Ginger Candy and Sweet Cherry Something were both disappointing to me. I loved deejStuff Sweet Gingerbread, and haven't found one like it. This isn't it. It's good, but it's a totally different type of ginger flavor. It's a crisp and almost effervescent, rather than molasses and baked-goods-like. I guess I would say it's a "cool" flavor, whereas gingerbread is a "warm" flavor. Sweet Cherry Something was just too mild.

For pear, I recommend Autumn Mist. Sirius recommended it for the apple, but I taste a lot of pear in it, too (it's both). DeejStuff had a really nice pear, but I like this even better. Caramel Pear White Tea is really good, but like Louis said about the CP Black Tea, it's not really about the pear. I haven't tried Oasis or Pearadise Dream, but the Tarte Tatins are really nice. Apple was my favorite, pear came in second for me, and the peach was last. I thought it tasted a little fake.

Good luck!

cloud.nine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I just placed an order and there's a 25% off sale right now.

I bought a whole lot of 0 nic liquids to mix and cut down from my usual 24 mg. For a couple of years I've been tootling along just fine on protanks. Now I've got GS Airs, and the 24 is a bit much, but that's nothing compared to the Lemo Drop I got yesterday! I have to take the liquids down to 12 mg at least for this thing! It's my first rebuildable tank and I really like it.

I also got some of the new organic cotton coils for the protanks, aerotanks and GS Airs. I've tried one of the OC single coils in my protank with some Lemon Berry Kiss. Amazing! The flavor is so much better, and it gives much better nic delivery, because the nic hit is too strong for me at 24 mg. So I even have to take my protanks down from 24 mg now.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I can let you know about the ones I have tried
Tiramusi-not a fav and please do not let it tarnish your view of AHL because it is like a bitter coffee (to me)
Blueberry Vanlla Cake-light on the flavor
Boba Tea is best when it is either Boba Tea Coffee or Boba Tea Coconut but you do not like coconut so forget that for now
Ginger Candy-good but not memorable
Sweet Cherry Somethinig-the Cherry is exquisite but it was too light on the flavor for me.

In my opinion you have not picked some of the best AHL. AHL excels at fruits, not so much desserts although that might be changing with the intro of the Cheesecakes.
Pick one or two fruits you like and try them. Get your custards and your desserts from your other fav vendors
Mango Lassi and Lemon Cream (even if vaping Lemon has no appeal to you) cannot be beat
Chanel - don't worry. I don't expect to like every flavor I try. If a vendor could do every flavor perfectly to everyone's taste, we would only need one juice maker (and supermarkets would be much, much smaller.)

Deej's Tiramisu was too strong for me as well but I liked it when I added a custard/cream to it. :D That was great but then he introduced Caramel Macchiato and I got him to add to his wonderful cheesecake and my search for a coffee vape was over so I didn't get the tiramisu any longer.

One of the things I like about the Blueberry Vanilla Cake is that it isn't overpowering. I find a lot of berry vapes tend to taste like pie filling (which I do not like. At all.) This tastes like one of those big, cakey blueberry muffins with crystalized sugar on top.

I'm going to get the Mango Lassi and, I think, the Lime Cream (lime is my favorite citrus.) I'll probably try the lemon later on.

I definitely lean toward desert vapes rather than straight fruits especially as so many fruit vapes tend to taste like candy, not fruit, but most of the vendors know for deserts use a lot of sweetener and sucralose doesn't agree with me. But from the descriptions it seems to me that Ahlusion has a lot of desert-y fruits (e.g. the lemon and lime creams.) And I have no other favorite vendors. I only used one for the last several years and they went out of business. With the exception of the Boba Fett, I've liked the idea of the flavors I've tried (I think you can quickly get a sense of whether the person making the recipes has the right sensibilities for you) so I'm probably going to settle in and work on finding a line-up that works for me here. Then, if there's anything I still desperately want, I'll see if I can find it elsewhere.

A couple of thoughts...

First, sorry you hate Boba Tea. As LLB said, do not give up on it yet, it gets better with long, long steeping. However, I don't know if that will change your feelings toward it, because the flavor doesn't change drastically, it just becomes richer and more complex.

If you hate Boba Tea, you might hate Boba Coffee, too. I got a sample of it this week, and although I haven't tried it yet, it smells like straight Boba Tea with a little coffee undertone. Probably with steeping the coffee will come to the forefront. If it doesn't I will probably still like it, but you probably wouldn't.

Ginger Candy and Sweet Cherry Something were both disappointing to me. I loved deejStuff Sweet Gingerbread, and haven't found one like it. This isn't it. It's good, but it's a totally different type of ginger flavor. It's a crisp and almost effervescent, rather than molasses and baked-goods-like. I guess I would say it's a "cool" flavor, whereas gingerbread is a "warm" flavor. Sweet Cherry Something was just too mild.

For pear, I recommend Autumn Mist. Sirius recommended it for the apple, but I taste a lot of pear in it, too (it's both). DeejStuff had a really nice pear, but I like this even better. Caramel Pear White Tea is really good, but like Louis said about the CP Black Tea, it's not really about the pear. I haven't tried Oasis or Pearadise Dream, but the Tarte Tatins are really nice. Apple was my favorite, pear came in second for me, and the peach was last. I thought it tasted a little fake.

Good luck!
I like a looooooonnnnnnnng steeping time. When Deej posted recommended steeping for new liquids he'd say "3 weeks (4 months for Poeia)". That's why I've only tried a couple of XPress flavors so far. I know the custom mixes will need more time.

Somebody out there has Deej's Sweet Gingerbread. The last flavor I gave up because it's so much easier to shop at one place was KBV's Jamaican Ginger Candy (which I had to request without the sucralose.) I asked Deej if he could do peppermint with just the ginger part and he told me the gingerbread came from his supplier that way. (So I had him add some peppermint to that and Poeia's MG was born and it satisfied those tastebuds that craved the Ginger Candy very well.)

I think I'm getting Autumn Mist, Pearadise Dream, Mango Lassi, Lime Cream, a coffee and one or two others. If I'm still mobile this evening I'll put in my order. (I'm going to my first Zumba class in a couple of hours. Afterwards, I might be lying on the nice, hard floor until Monday.)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I just placed an order and there's a 25% off sale right now.

I bought a whole lot of 0 nic liquids to mix and cut down from my usual 24 mg. For a couple of years I've been tootling along just fine on protanks. Now I've got GS Airs, and the 24 is a bit much, but that's nothing compared to the Lemo Drop I got yesterday! I have to take the liquids down to 12 mg at least for this thing! It's my first rebuildable tank and I really like it.

I also got some of the new organic cotton coils for the protanks, aerotanks and GS Airs. I've tried one of the OC single coils in my protank with some Lemon Berry Kiss. Amazing! The flavor is so much better, and it gives much better nic delivery, because the nic hit is too strong for me at 24 mg. So I even have to take my protanks down from 24 mg now.
I can't comment on mixing Ahl 0 nic but a friend that cut down from 6mg to 3mg use to do that with Ahlusion. His take on it was nothing tasted the same.
I only can attest to the fact that the nicotine /pg /vg and most of the flavors used in Ahlusion are so clean I often don't even have to change out the rayon in my coils. The coils themselves last a good month depending on the flavors. Not true with the darker ones like RR or JC,..but all the fruits are that clean.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Recommendations needed.
Coffee
-- I drink iced coffee. It's about 2/3 coffee, 1/3 milk with a lot of sweetener. I don't like very dark coffee and I hate bitter coffee.
. . . . . .

Help please!

For your coffee selection, I second Sirius' recommendation of Cafe au Lait. Not bitter at all, pretty sweet, and definitely "au lait" milky.

For fruit, I also strongly second the Autumn Mist. It's an unbeatable pear plus apple combo! :)

I'm glad you like the BVCake; I urge you to try the Lemon Vanilla Cake and the Lemon and Lime Creams as well. Ahlusion has
LOTS of lime juices; my favorites include Melonade (lime & honeydew melon) and Lime Cream. You should go to the website and just click on "Fruit" under the E-Liquids tab to see all the possible lime combinations.

It is really sad about Deej -- I hope he and his bride are doing alright. I know so many folks who loved his juices! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread