Not open for further replies.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Ok, I'm going to talk first about this vendor's customer service so if you are uninterested in that, don't care about the wait and so forth, feel free to skip to the juice reviews below. They will be bolded.

Ahlusion seems to be the source of a lot of frustration here at ECF. If it were just me, I'd probably keep my mouth shut on it, but when day in and day out you see all the "is ahlusion really worth it" type posts, it seems like I should talk about this.

Ordering from this vendor does require a lot of patience, a lot of good luck, and if you are catholic maybe a few invocations to your favorite saint. BUT NEWSFLASH THEY ARE OPEN RIGHT NOW, ARE TAKING ORDERS AND HAVE THOSE AROMATICS YOU'VE BEEN WAITING MONTHS TO TRY! So, ok if you are still here....Ahlusion is a royal pain in the .... to order from. They are frequently out of stock. They don't have coupon codes. A few days ago, I even joined in the anti-Ahlusion rant.

See, they don't just make ordering difficult but they send you about 3 off the wall type emails. The first one is "hey we are about to mix up your juice", the second one is "hey we are mixing it right now" and the third one is "your juice is mixed and is in the packaging area". What they never sent and what would have been better than getting those 3 is a single email saying "your juice is shipped, here's a tracking number". I was pretty angry about this a few days ago figuring I'd have to wait until later this week, but that order came yesterday. So hey Ahlusion, I'm sorta sorry.

Ok so having said all that.........The juice is nothing short of amazing and blows out every single juice you've ever had from anywhere. Yeah I said it. My vocabulary is lacking enough superlatives for what this stuff is. It's what you've been looking for. Trust me, it is. It's the kind of stuff that makes me want to throw out all my DIY supplies and never shop at another juice vendor. Read on.

Before I discuss specific flavors, here's how I tried all this stuff out. I used a brand spanking new cisco 2.0 ohm, 306 atomizer obtained from avid vaper. It was mounted on a Sigeli T-max and I ran them all at 7.5 or an even 8 watts.

Caramel Pear Black Tea- I've had alleged tea vapes before. I've not been able to taste any tea. Usually its just this weird grassy type flavor that I can't place. No so with this one. You are going to taste a carmelized pear up front. It's authentic but not too bold. I think there might also be some brown sugar in this one. But the greatest part of this juice is the finish. You actually taste the tea on exhale. It's got a bit of a wine-ish quality to it but you can't taste any fermentation. One note: I didn't taste any actual caramel here. It should maybe be named carmelized pear black tea?

Apple House Blend- I've been searching a really long time for something as good as Backwoods Brew's applewood tobacco. I love apple flavoring in all its forms. This is very similar to BWB's rendition but instead of cedar used as the wood, I think this could be oak or perhaps applewood itself, you know, from an actual apple tree? The apple taste is clean and there are even flavor notes from the apple skin in this one. I'm betting its a mix of red and green apples. The tobacco is mellow and mild which you'd expect in a fruit flavored tobacco. It all melds together nicely. I will be getting this regularly...in 60ml.

Creamy Berry Coconut- I taste strawberries, blueberry on the front end and theres a tartness mid drag...so raspberries or maybe blackberry?? On exhale you get this great coconut finish. It's amazing to me how you can taste all these individual flavors when you are focused on them but otherwise it's just a really pleasant blend of vape.

Devil Dog- I got this one basically because it was the only aromatic in stock. I heard it was harsh and not for pansies. And that I'd want to storm Iwo Jima after I vaped it. I did. So I fired up my ps3...oh just kidding. Anyway back to the juice, it's like a really fine incredibly moist cuban cigar. There is something akin to the smell of leather in this one. I only took about 10 drags because I heard it should steep for at least a week or possibly more to bring it to full potential. But it was really amazing just out of the bottle.

So to sum it all up. Yes, they are a pain to deal with. They don't keep the hours they post on the site that they are open. They send weird emails. They are always out of stock it seems. They take periods of time off. The one positive is that they offer a sample if your order is over $20. This came as a full 10ml so it's not really a sample to me. It's kind of a free bottle.

I know some of you care a lot about packaging. I don't but for what it's worth, everything came sealed, tighlly rolled in bubble wrap and then surrounded by packing peanuts in a box. Your order has zero chance of leaking. The bottles weren't anything out of the ordinary except for the aromatic devil dog which came in an amber glass bottle.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Have ordered from them one time(in the last month or so) the devildog and the stardust and it was as advertised came shipped and packed very well.I too like the devildog and see your take in the review.Thanks .

PS- imo if you like 10 % of new juice you order and like it, thats a win.

yep and i liked 100% of this new juice

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Yep. MBV is easier. They offer flavor shots too.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

I've got some MBV juice and its good. I'd even order there again. And the customer service is great at mbv.

If you've not tried ahlusion though, you just won't understand what I mean. It's phenomenal.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I've got some MBV juice and its good. I'd even order there again. And the customer service is great at mbv.

If you've not tried ahlusion though, you just won't understand what I mean. It's phenomenal.

Hmmm. Everybody says it's so hard to order from them though. Maybe I'll try it. I heard one guy who said Sweet Georgia Peach is his favorite juice ever.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Hmmm. Everybody says it's so hard to order from them though. Maybe I'll try it. I heard one guy who said Sweet Georgia Peach is his favorite juice ever.

The ordering system and figuring out when they will be on to take orders sucks. I do not deny this at all. The quality of this juice is just so far and above anything I've ever tried that I don't care. I've tried tons of flavors from tons of vendors. It's just in its own league.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
It's still not worth it....too much grief.:)

It's worth it, I go to their site in the morning and order, not so hard.

I did last friday and my boba teas will be here tomorrow.

It's better than Pluid where an email notification comes in at 9pm on a Friday night and you are trying to order on your cell while intoxicated.

I mean it's easier than Pluid.

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I read this thread this morning and thought 'oh great. Another one I have to wait weeks for darnit'. I just ordered from them the first time yesterday. After noon I get an email. About 2pm I get another email. About an hour ago I get yet another email.
roflmao.gif
Cracked me up. I'll be a happy girl if the Boba tea is as good as I've read.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
They don't even offer flavor shots! How good can they be?
Also, I find it difficult and frustrating to read the hours they are open or closed. It's confusing.
I'm sticking with MBV all I have to do there is click on yummy stuff & add flavor shots.

Maybe this is sarcasm, I'm not sure, but MBV offers flavor shots because the base flavors are so weak to begin with. I'm not knocking them, even with 3-4 flavor shots they are a pretty good value and most of their stuff doesn't outright suck. I even like a few of their juices, but there's just really no comparison.

I could make all of MBV's juices I think. Not much complexity. All the flavors come from Flavor West so it's not too big of a mystery. Ahlusion though has to be extracting this stuff maybe from natural sources, or maybe they are just really good chemists. Either way, try this and get back to me.

BiggestPapi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Richardson TX
The quality of this juice is just so far and above anything I've ever tried that I don't care. I've tried tons of flavors from tons of vendors. It's just in its own league.

That sums it all up. I order at least once/week on average from Ahlusion (mostly aromatic/NET line). I find them to be honest, available, fair, and completely open about their processes. The liquid - well, you summed it up. Quite simply light years beyond anything else I've tried (about 22 other vendors to date).

I'm also a recent fan of the 'House Brew' line at Goodejuice thanks to Mr. Mann, Jerms, and others recommendations. Admittedly though - the flavor of the Ahlusion aromatics still defies logic.

Want frustration? Try Alien Visions...you may be waiting 6 weeks for a web site to appear again. :)

If you don't already use the 'Wish List' feature at Ahlusion - it's invaluable. They are great about sending out e-mail notifications as soon as a liquid is available to order again and they will send coupons and ask for your honest feedback about your liquids and orders.

Great people; phenomenal packaging; and unbelievable liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread