Status
Not open for further replies.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Hi Danielle, I think what Eleanor is saying is that before it fully steeps, "it's WANGY, WAH-HOOOOOO"

:evil:

Very true...but in my case I'm not a huge fan of the WANGY WAH-HOOOOO part of Ginger in particular, so for me in this case it calming down a bit would be a good thing. LOL! When Ginger is polite, like Eleanor mentioned, we tend to get along better. :) (but don't get me wrong...I love me some wangy wah-hoooooo from lots of other things though!) :)

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
All i know right now is that I have a boat load of juices suddenly on my "want" list (all of which are Ahlusion juices)....and I have NO business getting more juice...but I will anyway! LOL The juice quantities in this house are ridiculous. (that's one of the good things about living alone..no one can tell me how out of control this has become) :)

And Leo (doggie in my avatar) knows the drilll with the mailmain now....I never used to care when the mail came, so neither did he...over the last 7months he's seen me go outside to get it as soon as it came, so he now informs me daily when the mail man is driving up! So we are just bad a combination over here! LOL

<nodding> Me, too!! I was just today looking at all the bottles and stuff and thinking anybody in their right mind would think this is out of control. Then I reached for my credit card and ordered more.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
What PG/VG ratio are y'all using to get flavor from them? I tried two of theirs and am not impressed.

50/50 and 70/30. Both those ratios provided as much flavor as the flavors they represented -- I think a good representative of oolong tea should be as flavored as oolong tea, not more. I don't know if that can be the case with all things, as in Spicy Caramelized Apple, but the only problem I have with Ahlusion Flavor is that I don't have them on tap. Seriously though, it's probably not the ratio that is disallowing the flavors to "impress," you may just not like their approach to flavors -- and that's okay. With vendors that don't work for me, I just see it as a reality -- there are too many other vendors to choose from.

newbie2ec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
MD
I do have the melon berry frost in 50/50 (wasnt offered at 70/30) and it is a flavorful as the the others......

Maybe it is true - might not be for you @spicymchaggis - did you let them steep? You should be able to sell them quickly as there seem to be a lot of fans- speaking of which I have to go verify myself....

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
4 mL samples should be available soon.

How soon? :D

I'm waiting for them to notify me... You guys made me. :)

Hiya, Eleanor!
smi12-2.gif

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Hi Danielle, I think what Eleanor is saying is that before it fully steeps, "it's WANGY, WAH-HOOOOOO"

:evil:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm BUSTED!

What PG/VG ratio are y'all using to get flavor from them? I tried two of theirs and am not impressed.

Spicy, I too use 70pg/30vg. Like you, I enjoy full-flavored juice, but know that some flavors are inherently "fuller" than others; otherwise the lighter flavors would be fake-tasting (i.e., a Boba tea).

Which two flavors did you try?

(Please forgive double-post y'all -- I'm not very alert today. :()

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
:D Hi Katya!

Welcome aboard the Ahlusion train! :)

Hehe, thanks, Elaenor!

I'm really curious about their juices. I haven't tried anything new in quite a while, because I pretty much like what I'm using, and every time I try something that others love, I end up giving it away... I like very subtly flavored eliquids, I prefer 80/20 Pg/VG ratio (or 70/30) with minimal coloring, sweeteners etc. Most of the new juices on the market are way to aggressive for my taste buds.

Do you (or anyone else) know if their chocolate and coffee juices are very dark in color? I would like to try the teas and that Dutch chocolate mint sounds delicious, too. :D

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Katya, I know nothing about their coffees or chocolates . . . I'm primarily stuck on their teas, and will soon have some of their tobaccos.

None of my Ahlusion juices (including various fruits in addition to teas etc.) have been dark-colored. I get everything in 70/30, and the flavors are all as pure as the driven snow. :)

If your preference is for very subtle flavors, I would recommend you try their Jade Dew (green tea), one of the Boba teas, and some of their fluffy desserts. :) The Melonade (honeydew melon + splash of lime) is also what I would consider a "lighter" flavor, as befits those ingredients.

Moreover, Ahlusion bends over backwards to customize for its clientele -- so just tell Wlad up front when you order that you prefer subtle flavoring, and he'll work with you to (no doubt) superb results! :)

Final bit of advice: I am a relentless steeper, but I think everyone would agree with me that these juices all need at least a few days of steeping before tasting.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks. Eleanor and Tez.

So far, I've carted Boba, Apple Ginger Tea and that melon-berry concoction (forgot the name)--sort of waiting for those 4.5 ml samples, but I'm getting very anxious to just push the Place Your Order button.... :p I could ask for Jade Dew as my free sample. [Hmmm, I make my own Green tea mix; I combine Nhaler's Green Tea (Lung), a few drops of Arizona (VS Green Tea with Honey) and a drop od Decadent Vapour's Mint... :facepalm:]

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I talked to Wlad today and he said the 4 mL will be available sometime in the near future, but due to them having so much on their plate, there is no definite date (or ETA for that matter.) Some may think it is simple enough to just add it to their site, but I can tell you from all that I know about Ahlusion (which is a fair amount), nothing they do is in fact "simple."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread