• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Sad, sad day and it's all Vick's fault ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Yup, I'm calling you out Vicks and all your latest and greatest toys.

You just HAD to show me your lovely red Fist Pack.
You just HAD to buy something made by beavers instead of people on an assembly line.
You just HAD to place it in my hand and say "Here, take a hit of this..."
You just HAD to do that 4 days after Nuck closed up for the summer

Where is the sobbing uncontrollably emoticon to portry how I am feeling right now....sniff sniff....

I WANT A PRETTY FIST PACK................and Nuck has announced he's closing up shop for good, no distributors, just going to enjoy his 16 kids. What's he going to do when the snow starts to fly in Freezeyourassoff, Canada and cabin fever sets in?

In all seriousness, he has had a rough year and I would much rather see this than for him to become overwhelmed and have customer service take a dive.....or worse if it ended up stressing him out.

In looking for my silver lining in all this - maybe I'll just hunt down the plans and parts, present them to MlrMan in a pretty box and tell him I want a hand made gift for Christmas?
The only times he's really taken an interest in my "huff n puff" gear is when he saw my long lost lover, the V2, & when he saw Vick's FP. I really knew he was impressed with the FP when I told him I was getting one & even after he heard the price he said it was ok for me to get it.

Pity party over.....but not the sniffling..... Gotta start making food stuffs for the game tonight.
Go Pack.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'm playing my (smallish) violin, singing - 'Cry me a River' and got some tissues for your issue....
:cry:
Spoken like someone who isn't familar with the virtues of the Fist Pack. With the variable voltage (even more so,thx to the newly installed dip switch) and entire day+ battery, it's the end all be all of units.
He was even going to make a pretty purple one, too....

But I shall take your tissues. Thank you :)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
If I know you - you'll figure someway of getting your 'paws' on one!

Heck, I'd be willing to even toss a few extra greenbacks his way to get one from the master himself.

I have a feeling he'll tinker around and make one here & there to raffle or auction off for NVC. With the going price of $200, I bet an auction would easily bring in $500+ (I can't go that high) & who knows how much more in raffle sales would bring in.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
You don't need an actual unit - Nuck's got the walkthrough posted openly - anyone can make a Fistpack (he even includes links to where you buy the components.)

And this is MY fault??? :p

Yes. Because if you wouldn't have said "here....try this...there's coconut in it...." then I never would have tried it....then again at mulitple voltages....

Knew I should have just made it magically disappear when I had a semi chance.

I talked to MlrMan about making me one last night. He said he'd give it a try, so once Nuck gets the Nirvana info posted, I'll be shopping for parts.

But I am sad I'll never get a Nuck keychain. Did you get one, or did that start after you ordered?

BTW; sad pandas would be much more appropriate....;)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'll have to come over there sometime real soon and partay with you guys for a game :)

Yeah!! But you know, newbies to the cave have to fetch our beers out of the fridge so we don't have to move. Yes, I'm talking about the fridge at the end of the couch. We've been known to get so lazy, I've actually text'd Thing 1 to have her get me one LOL
Isn't that why we have children?

If the Pack makes it to the playoffs and scores a Saturday game, we'll host something here.
Unless there is an interest in coming over on a Sunday. Up to you guys!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Yeah!! But you know, newbies to the cave have to fetch our beers out of the fridge so we don't have to move. Yes, I'm talking about the fridge at the end of the couch. We've been known to get so lazy, I've actually text'd Thing 1 to have her get me one LOL
Isn't that why we have children?

Need a robot like this for the beers, KC...

YouTube - Beer robot

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hey Vicks!
Remember that little place we lunched at when you were down here? I ended up going there Tuesday evening and the barmaid I got the stompbox for was working.
At one point in the evening while she was talking about it with someone down the bar, she says "Yup! and next up, I want one of those Fist Packs!" and points at me.......

I of course fake sob and tell them what happened. The friend I was with (yup! she finally saw the light & broke up with BF) says "well, just have MlrMan whip one up! That's gotta be a cinch for him" and I told her that was what I was planning doing. Barmaid says he might as well whip two up at the same time. She was so impressed with yours, she wants one!

Nuck doesn't have the walk through up yet of the Nirvana, but I remembered he has the V2 (yours is V2, right?) online so I pulled it up & showed it to MlrMan last night. He read it over and said yeah - it all looks easy enough and actually got excited at the idea of having a challenge like that to tinker around with.
:banana:
I then asked him if I should maybe order two sets of supplies so that he has a spare set of parts on hand in case of a goof...."sure....that would be a great idea"......
Yeah; like that farmboy's really going to make that major of a mistake LOL

Kilroy2.0

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Madison, WI
I then asked him if I should maybe order two sets of supplies so that he has a spare set of parts on hand in case of a goof...."sure....that would be a great idea"......
Yeah; like that farmboy's really going to make that major of a mistake LOL

or maybe 3 sets :)
I will even come over and fetch beer out of your little fridge, if that helps any.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
or maybe 3 sets :)
I will even come over and fetch beer out of your little fridge, if that helps any.

I think I read that it takes Nuck about 5 hrs to make one. I'll have to time the man & see how it goes for him & if it's within acceptable/reasonable time, I guess we'll just have to plan a gathering at the house. He can set up an assembly line, we'll...I dunno...vape, consume, eat and .....hmmm....attempt to play various games while we wait? I've been craving getting a wild game of Michigan Rummy going ;)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I got Josh this weekend KC - want some company? He'd love to hang with your girls again, seeing though the last time we were gonna meet up I threw out my back :(

And no, I think I've got the v1 fistpack. The v2 (if I remember correctly) has the dip-switch to it instead of the slider switch like mine has.

And, while MlrMan's at it...he might as well get REAL good at making fistpacks, 'cause I might need a spare :laugh:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I got Josh this weekend KC - want some company? He'd love to hang with your girls again, seeing though the last time we were gonna meet up I threw out my back :(

And no, I think I've got the v1 fistpack. The v2 (if I remember correctly) has the dip-switch to it instead of the slider switch like mine has.

And, while MlrMan's at it...he might as well get REAL good at making fistpacks, 'cause I might need a spare :laugh:

:( I seriously have to get the crying emoti over here...
The girls missed him too & what do you know - we're booked up this weekend with birthday parties. I really don't understand why some of these parents don't just get together and hold one big party. It's all the same kids being shuffled to each party.....

But now that you are closer & right off the interstate, we'll be able to get those crazy kids together again soon.

Nirvana is V3 (got that from a post before he gave it a name) & has the dip switch, so I'm betting with your purchase date, you have V2, which is the current plublished plans. I searched, but couldn't find what it was that made it a V2.

I've already started the hinting that it may be worth his while to plan on making a few more. He mentioned something about an assembly line. Now that the corn is out & he doesn't have to be pulling 3 day weekends, every weekend, at the farm......:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread