airhole not lining up, is there a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldcoastmat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
florida USA
Having a problem with EOD Madmax rta from vapor......com.

It's basicly a gold plated mini DID clone genises style rebuildable atomizer.

I really like the look of this mod, and learned how to build wick and coil on it (before I got my DID). Problem I'm having is that the airhole does not line up evenly with the wick. I've gotten around this so far by simple not screwing the top on all the way, but I'd like to find a better fix than this. Has anyone had this problem with any other Mini DID clone gen style atty's? if so how did you fix it?

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Having a problem with EOD Madmax RTA from vapor......com.

It's basicly a gold plated mini DID clone genises style rebuildable atomizer.

I really like the look of this mod, and learned how to build wick and coil on it (before I got my DID). Problem I'm having is that the airhole does not line up evenly with the wick. I've gotten around this so far by simple not screwing the top on all the way, but I'd like to find a better fix than this. Has anyone had this problem with any other Mini DID clone gen style atty's? if so how did you fix it?

A thicker Oring and I have also wrapped some dental floss under the Oring to raise it a little.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
I sanded down the top cap...

i got some 1000 grit wet/dry sand paper
laid it on a flat surface
put thread side down on to the sand paper and sanded it down till the hole lined up...
*keep even pressure so that the base of the top cap is sanded evenly. if you dont you will be left with a small gap on one side. If visuals matter to you, you don't want this...

keep in mind to check ever second or two to make sure you haven't sanded too far...
go too far, and you loose space inside the cap for your wick and coil, this will cause a shorts and a ton of headaches if the two make contact. and be aware that the top cap is machined with space for the oring, you also make this free-of-thread space smaller with every swipe over the sand paper. which if you go to far, the threads will eat away at the o-ring over time.
IF you go far enough, you will end up needing a new cap :ohmy:

what you are essentially doing, is raising the stop point of the threads on the cap. by raising it, you are moving the air hole clockwise if you look at the tank from above.

i lined mine up with sucess, but i did it very slowly, if this doesnt seem like the thing you wanna try out, BJ43's method would work just fine.

one more thing. the did clone (silver) is coated brass, if the thought of brass touching your juice bothers you, then dont do this at all :blink: lol

Last edited:

goldcoastmat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
florida USA
I've checked out both these options, There is no o-ring in the top assembly it's simply a screw on cap..

It's also gold plated, and it would lose some of the steampunkish look I like in it if I had to sand it down.. It also just missed lining up by maybe 1/8 turn past the wick, so sanding would require enough to move it 7/8 turn which I believe would be quite a bit.

here is the link to it

The E.O.D - Gold Plated Rebuildable Tank - End of Days Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread