Travel and Vaping Airplanes and Vaping doable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a GREAT Video! I really ENJOYED THE RIDE. THANKS SO MUCH! Now get out there and DO IT "Commercially"...the more vapin' going on UP THERE, the sooner they're gonna say - "All right, I guess THIS vapin' thing IS for real and here to stay".
God Bless you all re-e-e-eal good!
In HIS Love & Service,
Richard - E-CigUSA (.info)

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I too do it wherever I please. I am not one to hide what I am doing and never will either. I don't understand all the hand wringers on this site either, it is rather silly in my opinion. People are people though and many of the people have been brainwashed or have drank the kool aid so long they have lost all sense of personal identity and choice. I won't hide the fact that I was a smoker and I will be damned if I will hide the fact that I vape now. The anti crowd and the government can kiss my narrow azz!

oldlady

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Charleston, SC
Anybody have any experience flying Delta, United, U.S. Airways, Korean Air or Singapore? I understand some airlines, like Delta, have added notices in their in-flight magazines to forbid vaping on board. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am planning a trip to Vietnam. I think this entails like 29 hours of flight time.

My plan would be to get a window seat and stealth vape (no exhaling) with a black KR808D-1 and a blue LED.

But, what happens if you get caught? I mean it is not illegal, so do you just say, "Oh, I'm sorry." and put it away?

I understand some Irish airlines are selling smokeless cigs, called Similar or something, on their aircraft. Does anyone know if they are allowed on Delta, etc.?

Ponda

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Anybody have any experience flying Delta, United, U.S. Airways, Korean Air or Singapore? ...

I just flew on Korean airlines for a week long business trip. I had no problem stealth vaping both ways. I was in the business class cabin and purposely chose the window seats in the back closes to the wall.

kallindy

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
indianapolis indiana
left my vp1 in my duffel bag carry on and vaped 510 on delta flights from indianapolis to jacksonville and back no problem. a little nervous at first but eventually vaped almost regularly. obviously holding breath as long as i could..sometimes little escaped im sure someone must have seen something as i was doing it all to that horrible time when everyone stands up in the aisle after landing waiting to leave...had liquid and both e cigs in my duffel bag..which was very unassuming looking..no computer etc..just clothes. this was early feb 2010

Hey Everyone!

I know its been a long time since Ive been around, as my flying schedule has been somewhat erratic as of lately. Lots of new contracts and exciting destinations coming soon. But Im back now.

Before I go any farther, I must say that Im honored that so many here on ECF know my name as "The guy to ask for vaping on a plane info" If im not around or posting frequently, feel free to PM me anytime. PTJD and Jim Davis also are some roadwarriors with excellent advice on vaping while travelling!

As a short answer, I can tell you that vaping in the airplane lavatory will not set off the smoke detector IF you ARE CAREFUL. Any vapor that is exhaled must be down twoard the floor, or down the sink drain if its equipped with a vaccuum suction system.

However, as one member stated... not all smoke detectors are created equally! Especially those installed on aircraft lavatories. Its not the smell that triggers them, its a photo sensor that in essence measures light density between the sensor and a light source. Rest assured if you are vaping while standing, exhaling huge plumes of vapor, or exhaling anywhere near the detector, it will go off, and scare the living ..... out of you to boot! I'll post a blog entry right now to touch more on this topic in more detail.

Thanks again for all the questions, keep em coming!

Safe Travels as always,
RIAFlight25

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
I'm doing good. Still lurking in the shadows answering questions as they arise. I guess that kind of makes me a troll, a good kind if there is such a thing.

**edit**
thinking about that for a second, could you imagine a troll in real life that only popped out when someone asked a question? Maybe I just have an over active imagination but I could just see a big hair monster jumping out at someone and scaring the bejebus out of them and then simply answering a question then slowly disappear into the shadows again. It made me chuckle.

Last edited:

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
just got back from a us air trip from calif to south carolina and back.
i put my mods in my checked luggage and brought two stock joye510 in my carryon.
first, the bad news. upon arrival to my hotel i realized that (apparently) tsa had taken one of my 14500s and one 510 cart. why? i dunno.
and when i got home i was missing another cart and an atty. weird.
anyway, leaving california the joye didn't even cause anyone to look in my backpack. once on the plane, i asked if i could use it. she asked what it was, so i told her and then used it. she said go ahead, but i'd have to stop if anyone complained. so vaped the entire flight from my seat (though blowing vapor down to not disturb anyone).
on the flight home, tsa did take them out of my backpack, and again i had to explain what they were. the let them through. this flight, however, told me i could absolutely not use it.
it seems that neither tsa nor us air has any hard/fast rules about these just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread