Travel and Vaping Vaping and airplanes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millah10

Mar 10, 2011
Boston
So I read in an article the other day that the FAA recently banned the use of ecigs on airplanes in the US. I will be traveling to Florida in April and hoping to bring my joye 510 with me in my carry on bag. Is it OK for me to bring it on the plane? Or will they make me throw it out? Anyone have recent experiences with ecigs and flying?

i personally wouldnt fly anywhere nowadays.who knows, you might have a hand sanitizer they think is a terrorist device and have you on the ground with a knee on the back of your head,strip and body cavity search you, then put you in jail until you bond out(after the weekend).I suggest a rental car and a pleasant road trip vaping the whole way!.be sure to take pictures and post them up so we can see the trip!

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Smoking isn't allowed on planes yet you can still carry cigarettes and a lighter or matches, so I'm pretty sure you can carry your PV. Just make sure you put any juice in the ridiculous "liquids bag". The annoying 3oz limit shouldn't be an issue since that equates to ~88ml. Surely you don't need to fly with more than 30ml of juice? :)

I would recommend against trying to vape in the bathroom, though. The "smoke detectors" are more accurately "particulate detectors" and are likely to go off on vapor just as easily as smoke. If you try and it does go off you'll be facing a felony and your name added to the no-fly list. Some folks have stealth vaped from their seats, but I'm not even sure I'd risk that. The stupid TSA has made flying such a fragile thing that even the smallest thing could jeopardize your ability to fly for the rest of your life.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
I've never had a problem with getting my PVs on planes, and I've never been questioned by TSA. I've read of others being stopped, but after a quick explanation to TSA security they were able to get through. I won't vape in public so I just vape in the restroom. I've also vaped in the airplane restroom, but I won't take more than a few hits because of what toddos explained above.

riverwinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Florida
I left Florida last month with a 510 and 3 ml bottle of juice and had no problems. Like you, I was also leary of flying with my PV and juices, so I mailed them to my destination. When I came back I brought my ego batteries and 60 + mls of juice in my carry on and nothing was said. I even put the ego in the little container (the one where you put your keys and change) with a couple of juices and it wasn't even given a second glance. You should be OK, just make sure your juices are in 2 oz. bottles or less. If there would have been a question, I would have been glad to demonstrate. Good luck.

ladybugMary

Dec 22, 2010
Florida USA
In January, I flew from Orlando to Puerto Rico and took my Riva 510 and supplies with me. On my person, I had one e-cig and one 3 mil bottle of juice and I had everything else stashed in my suitcase. Going through security, they stopped the moving carrier and pulled my purse. They then went through it. I thought for sure my e-cig was the issue. Not so. Would you believe it was a mirror case (with batteries for the light) and tweezer set! That was it!

While on the plane, I draped my hoody across my chest like a blanket and now and then dipped my chin below it to sneak a vape. I'd blow the vape back under the hoody so as not to generate any attention. I also used the rest room to add some juice to my cart and have a little private vapping time. No alarm went off. Did pretty much the same on the trip back. I must say, that was the first trip in one heck of a long time that was so enjoyable. I just wish I didn't feel the need to be a sneak.

This is the first I've heard about the ban. It saddens me.

mobitsfa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2011
S. OC, CA
i personally wouldnt fly anywhere nowadays.who knows, you might have a hand sanitizer they think is a terrorist device and have you on the ground with a knee on the back of your head,strip and body cavity search you, then put you in jail until you bond out(after the weekend).I suggest a rental car and a pleasant road trip vaping the whole way!.be sure to take pictures and post them up so we can see the trip!

This is the best advice right here. :).

Anyways you can bring them carry-on or whatever, just don't puff on the plane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread