AL85 swing open top

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Vape band (or warranty, if the mod is under warranty, still). There was a recent post on the topic and the consensus seemed to be vape band. However, one poster on the thread had a loose hinge and the replacement was much better.

Hinge tops have their uses, LOL, I will say one use (which I consider a bit unsafe) would be filling while driving and etc. I personally prefer the uscrewable "bayonet" type topfill systems, personally, but they don't work for every tank, nor do they work for every person. I do have some hinged top cap refilling systems that work just fine, however. So it may not be so much an issue of design (although, several folks have reported the issue, it seems to be something of an issue, so perhaps design is lacking) it's just that all the mod and tank makers are using different designs, at different times, and they appeal to different subsets of vapers.

However, generally a hinged top cap can certainly work well if well designed and manufactured, which is why it may be worth your time seeking a warranty if you can, as you just might get lucky your second time around.

With that said, otherwise your solution is going to probably "need" to be (if you want to take it out of the house) a nice, thick vape band you place around the lid and the top of the tank.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: Celt1

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
Smok seems to have fixed that problem by coming out with the new TFV12 Baby Prince tank. It uses the same coils as the Baby Beast tank, not the TFV12 coils and has a lockable swing top. It has been advertised as the upgraded version of the TFV8 Baby Beast. I have been thinking of ordering a few, but until I do I will continue using a vape band around the top as mentioned in an above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread