Alert: Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egzoset

Sep 19, 2014
Canada
Salutations Punk In Drublic,

What is hydrogen cyanide? ... Is it present when vaping vs smoking?

Indeed, those are relevant questions which i asked myself too:

...heat turns this most particular fungicide into HCN which vegetal smoking itself contributes to mask:

[ https:// www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/news/2017/03/clarification_fromhealthcanadaonmyclobutanilandcannabis.html ]
Clarification from Health Canada on myclobutanil and cannabis (2019-Mar-9)

When the cannabis plant is combusted, a number of compounds are produced, including very low amounts of hydrogen cyanide. Health Canada's analysis of the recalled cannabis products show that the trace levels of myclobutanil that were present would have produced a negligible amount of additional hydrogen cyanide upon combustion, in comparison to the levels already produced by marijuana alone.

In other words it's only resonable to suspect that this was a deceiving exercise trying to excuse such LP's need for fumigation (...), which i believe was a primary application of Zyklon...

More clearly this could very well imply that myclobutanil got specifically chosen for its easy-to-mask property in a smoker context where the proof of evidence gets conveniently destroyed, that later consumption method also being actively promoted at the SQdC "legal" stores where unsuspecing visitors can even find a variety of products related to rolling paper (& glue)... So please lets keep all this in mind while i finally raise the matter of hard-to-detect PCP soups actually causing individual effects to multiply.

Bad media is bad media…

Absolutely, and that's why i'm quite tempted to point out it's not THC in "illicit THC carts" which requires much closer attention, nor even their origin until we get a complete trustable list of "adulterants" laser-printed directly on the bottle... Otherwise mass media shall continue to proceed with similar propagandist juxtapositions ad nauseam, unable/unwilling to re-adjust itself to genuinely serve public interest!

Good day, have fun!! :cool:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Absolutely, and that's why i'm quite tempted to point out it's not THC in "illicit THC carts" which requires much closer attention, nor even their origin until we get a complete trustable list of "adulterants" laser-printed directly on the bottle... Otherwise mass media shall continue to proceed with similar propagandist juxtapositions ad nauseam, unable/unwilling to re-adjust itself to genuinely serve public interest!

Valid point. I use the term THC as an identifier to separate one vaping culture from another (nicotine), and not as the source of the problem. Perhaps further reference should be “illicit Vitamin E Acetate cartridges”

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
This whole hydrogen cyanide thing is starting to annoy me badly.

THERE WAS NO hydrogen cyanide found in bootlegged THC vape carts!
Chemicals that may produce cyanide were found.

Clickbait media at it's finest.

Fun fact: Humans produce cyanide at low concentrations and exhale some with every breath.

Humans must be banned for the chillins. <nods>

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    our media is still feeding us a healthy pile of BS!

In regards to this, kind folks, please watch AND SHARE the following video link :

This exposes how the media twists the stories, presented with the interviewee himself.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    In regards to this, kind folks, please watch AND SHARE the following video link :

This exposes how the media twists the stories, presented with the interviewee himself.

Thanks.

Interesting, poor Ben stated that he got his THC products from dispensaries. Are dispensaries not suppose to be regulated? Has there been any warnings about dispensaries, or recalls of product?

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Ben stated that he got his THC products from dispensaries

It's not clear whether it was a legal dispensary.
    There are many dispensaries, or clubs, which are operating rogue with no license or conforming to any laws, in US cities.

By the way, folks, this cyanide-causing agent is better know as Eagle 20, a fungicide used to treat Powdery Mildew on cannabis.

When cannabis is concentrated, so are the nasty chemicals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread