Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
All of a sudden when I click on the alerts it opens with larger type. Wha happened?
alerts.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don't know much about da alerts. Mine seem normal but apparently there is some other way to access them that I am totally unclear about. So, I'm pretty happy about my "lack of change." LOL

Anna
If you double click the 'Alerts'button at the top right of the page then it opens up another page showing all of the alerts in normal font. If you just hover over the 'Alerts' button that is where the font grew exponentially.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wait. When I hover over my alerts button-- is it the drop down menu with my face and a number on it? I don't get ANYTHING. Is this some different alert button? Because I have to actually CLICK on the alerts to see what they are, it takes me to a separate page. I miss the "hover over" alerts, but was told it was part of the new theme?

Are ya'll in possession of forbidden knowledge? Oh wait, I see my theme is aluminum. Maybe I need the new theme? Goodness knows, I thought I WAS in the new theme.... Next time I log out I may fool with it some though it's sounding rather Not Good Actually.... :(

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Then yeah, that's what I thought at the time. The new and improved was fine, except for no hover over the alerts function, which is annoying. However, since I decided to just try and use it, I'm not going back now. Whenever I hear "non-supported skin" I cringe. So, I've just gotten used to it (perhaps the HUGE font is to drive more toward the "supported" skin, although I'm not really suggesting that in any way other than in jest.

I don't know why "non-supported skins" make me cringe, other than imagining my grandmother's face toward the end (but she died at 106 or something nuts!)

Anna

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Oh wait, I see my theme is aluminum
That one does not have the hover over Alerts drop down, I also checked e-cigaretteforum & e-cigaretteforum Dark, they both have the hover over drop down, and both are large print.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Then yeah, that's what I thought at the time. The new and improved was fine, except for no hover over the alerts function, which is annoying. However, since I decided to just try and use it, I'm not going back now. Whenever I hear "non-supported skin" I cringe. So, I've just gotten used to it (perhaps the HUGE font is to drive more toward the "supported" skin, although I'm not really suggesting that in any way other than in jest.

I don't know why "non-supported skins" make me cringe, other than imagining my grandmother's face toward the end (but she died at 106 or something nuts!)

Anna

So we are being subliminally manipulated into a skin that is supported. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread