Alice In Vapeland: All the flavors you were curious about...

Was this review helpful to you?

• Yes

• No

• You're Pretty :)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbqDave

Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I love Alice's citrus flavors and Frost Blossom is awesome. To me it's kind of like tangerine mint. One reviewer said "it's like the spray when you peel an orange." If you like your citrus uncut, this is it. Otherwise you might like Creamsickle a little better; the cream takes the edge off it like putting sugar on a grapefruit.

Beacon1973

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City
Placed an order on the 26th for Zombie Apocalypse, B&W cookie, Crunkberry, and White Rabbit. Anxiously awaiting shipping confirmation, hopefully by weeks end. The owner of my local vape shop had a bottle of the White Rabbit he graciously let me use to fill a new Kanger T3S I had just purchased from him. I did not like it the first few hits, but really like it now. It produces crazy thick plumes on my lavatube v2 at 4.0v with the 2 ohm atty. This morning the flavor has converted into a roasted coconutness. Like many have said this juice is elusive and chameleon like in the way it changes. Earthy, almondy, peppery, coconutty. I can't wait to get my order. Thanks for this thread. Without it I may have overlooked AiV altogether. I certainly wouldn't have ordered already.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Well thank you very much! I hope your order arrives soon so you can see what i'm talking about! :)

Hey I know this was a long time ago, but Zombie Apocalypse is still on the AiVL lineup and I wanted to share my experience with you guys. I'm writing a full comprehensive review like Robin here on my AiVL sampler, very soon - I'm still waiting for my 2 sample packs to fully steep.

I wanted to talk briefly about Zombie Apocalypse, because it was a flavor I noticed on here got great reviews all around - So on my first purchase i bought 2 BIG bottles of Zombie Apocalypse and Creamsicle - because I love 50/50 (orange/vanilla) ice cream bars.

I was so amped about my sampler coming, i made an impulse purchase! I had to have another sample pack before my first one even arrived. lol. I figured 33 bucks for that many flavors, pretty good deal given all the positive reviews.

Here's what I noticed about my BIG bottle of Zombie Apocalypse, the big bottle tastes like ..... Straight up. I only bought 6mg nicotine. I know I should let it steep because it's hitting like a 24mg juice would. I use a Turtle Ship mod w/ Nimbus RDA / Dual Coils at around .6ohms - .8ohms.

I put my big bottle of Zombie in my closet, caps off to steep, just to try and knock down that PG or nicotine blend, i don't know what it was... but it felt like vaping rubbing alcohol. It hurt that bad. Another funny thing that I noticed about this big bottle of Zombie 6mg, the juice's consistency is that of pure water. Most juices have an almost oil-like consistency.

Now to be fair to AiVL, most of the other flavors in my sampler tasted great! I was bummed because my 2 big bottles, Zombie & Creamsicle both were overwhelmingly hard to hit, and I could not get any flavor out of it because I'm always choking on it.

then...

My second sampler arrives, I try the small sample bottle of Zombie - WORLDS DIFFERENT! Tastes so good! Everything Robin described is what I got in my 2nd delivery.

My 2 big bottles have been steeping a week - they have calmed down a bunch from when I first started vaping it right out of the mailbox, but they are still very fluid like and hurt my throat.

So to go back to Robin's amazing review - Her recommendations on steeping - Don't follow them verbatim. All batches are made differently - it's always best to steep for a few weeks to 1 month, every time. My experience was terrible w/ one batch, and amazing with another. FYI~ The first batch arrived on a Monday, then second sample kit arrived 7 days later.

All in all I'm going to keep steeping my big bottle of Zombie - mainly because I know now how could it could be, but I think either I got a SUPER fresh batch, and needs to be steeped for over a month - or AiVL mislabeled it and sent me a 24mg nicotine or 12mg nicotine.

I still love AiVL's products, just sharing a strange experience...

Hope you found this information useful!

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Placed an order on the 26th for Zombie Apocalypse, B&W cookie, Crunkberry, and White Rabbit. Anxiously awaiting shipping confirmation, hopefully by weeks end. The owner of my local vape shop had a bottle of the White Rabbit he graciously let me use to fill a new Kanger T3S I had just purchased from him. I did not like it the first few hits, but really like it now. It produces crazy thick plumes on my lavatube v2 at 4.0v with the 2 ohm atty. This morning the flavor has converted into a roasted coconutness. Like many have said this juice is elusive and chameleon like in the way it changes. Earthy, almondy, peppery, coconutty. I can't wait to get my order. Thanks for this thread. Without it I may have overlooked AiV altogether. I certainly wouldn't have ordered already.

I read somewhere on the internet that the White Rabbit flavor was based off an old Latin Holiday drink recipe that is: Vanilla Liqueur, Egg Nog, Hazelnut, Coconut Rum, & Cinnamon.

After I read that - That's exactly what it tastes like! The nice thing about the White Rabbit - is the bigger the bottle you get, the more the flavor shifts and changes with time... Highly recommend buying a big ... bottle of this one.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Just wanted to add my experience...

I received my five-sample pack from AiV three or four days ago (plus a sixth sample freebie which was a pleasant surprise). Shook the bottles, let them sit with their caps off for a day, then recapped them and let them sit another day, shaking occasionally. These are small 3mL bottles so I figured that should be enough.

I deliberately did not look at the labels when I tried each one.

The first one I tried had a pronounced flavor of...something. I couldn't figure it out - I knew I'd had it before but couldn't place it. After a few minutes, it came to me. Cocoa! Not 'chocolate' but drier, almost powdery 'cocoa'. I was actually sort of proud of myself for figuring it out. Then I look at the label - Bandersnatch. Huh?? That's supposed to be banana/caramel! So I vape it a bit more. Get absolutely no hint of banana or caramel. The flavor wasn't 'bad' but didn't really do anything for me so I put it aside.

Tried the next one. Actually I'll keep this short since I had the same reaction to the next four samples over the next two days. Almost no taste. And what little taste I got was nowhere near what I expected from the flavor's description. The four flavors were Lemon Loves Cake, Twas Brillig, Pum'kin Tumble, and Crunkberry.

Finally got to the last flavor earlier this evening - Zombie Apocalypse. It was still very faint but I would have at least guessed strawberry. Still nothing I'd write home about though.

As you can probably tell, I'm a bit disappointed. Maybe these juices are too sophisticated for me or something. I know many people love AiV but they're not for me.

FWIW - My other juices taste fine so it's not a case of vaper's tongue and I stopped smoking a bit over three months ago so my tastebuds should have pretty much recovered. I tried all the samples in egos/vivi novas (my normal setup).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread