Alien 220 screen not working number 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I bought my first Alien 220w on the first march 3 months ago and after one week the screen stopped working and it wasn't in stealth mode . I took it back to the shop where I purchased it and they gave me a new one . well on Sunday this week the same thing happened to the new one . When I originally purchased the mod the guy said it came with a 120 day guarantee . I'm 90 days into that time now so if they honour there guarantee I should get it replaced . would I buy another Alien , no chance . When they are working they are great but from my experience they are just not reliable. Just as well I've got a few back ups . Anybody had a similar issue with the Alien 220w.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
That sucks! Based on your experience, I wouldn't touch another Alien either.

My Alien has been my main mod for almost 6 months and after 32000 puffs it is still working as new. I love it.

Maybe you got a couple from a crappy batch. Just like the early ones with the terrible paint.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    That sucks! Based on your experience, I wouldn't touch another Alien either.

My Alien has been my main mod for almost 6 months and after 32000 puffs it is still working as new. I love it.

Maybe you got a couple from a crappy batch. Just like the early ones with the terrible paint.
    Ditto, 'cept I'm at 33000 puffs (More actually but I updated and it wiped my puff counter :( ) I love my Alien... its been beat up pretty good, I'm a Klutzo lol, but its never failed me. :)

Reactions: Eskie

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Ditto, 'cept I'm at 33000 puffs (More actually but I updated and it wiped my puff counter :( ) I love my Alien... its been beat up pretty good, I'm a Klutzo lol, but its never failed me. :)
    There is a new Smok mod coming out G2/4 i believe it is called. Very much like an Alien but you can add another bigger (included) cover that allows you to go from 2 to 4 batteries. Looks really cool as well.

Reactions: celticluvr

pfaber11

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 16, 2009
    england
    Well I took my Alien back to the shop explained what had happened and they gave me another new one. They said the new one comes with a 90 day warranty. This is the third Alien I've had off of them . The guy in the shop said it was a bad batch. Bad boards or something. At least the shop honours it's guarantee.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 16, 2009
    england
    Well my new Alien is a week old tomorrow and still seems good. Just glad I've got a few backups . Really hope this one lasts. All my other mods have built in batteries the oldest being 2 and a half years old and all are still working . My favourite is the Alien by far though it's a great vape especially with the cloud beast on top. The new one I got replaced has the older v 1.2.1 software the guy in the shop said he believed it was the version b Aliens that were going wrong some thing about the newer board . Hope he's right . Well have a nice day and vape on .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread