Aligning cartridges (align cart for people searching)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgewise

Sep 17, 2009
I've heard people mentioning aligning their cartridges to the atomizer. I've followed the advice given to search "align cart" and all I've come up with is threads about other things and someone says, "search 'align cart'"

-OR-

one person says to align the cart with the steel bridge, while someone else says to align the cart with the white ceramic coil. As you guys know, the two are perpendicular to one another, so... Once and for all...

Do you align the cart with the steel bridge, or the white ceramic rectangle?

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.

Thatdamncat

Aug 29, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
haha... I wondered the same thing when I got my 510. I started off vaping by aligning my cart with the bridge, and they kept melting. I now align to the white ceramic, and no melting carts. The part that gets hottest is actually the coil inside, and parallel to, the ceramic house, and so it makes sense to align the cart with this. Thats my 2 cents.

earthdawn

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
TheVaporCafe.com
do whatever you want - put it on sideway- you'll see the cart get little melt spots!

Push the button and look at the atty- What part gets hot? What shape is it?

Look at the cart- Where do you want that heat going? into the opening? the cart filler with juice? or into the cart and onto the plastic sides of the cart?

See now that makes sence... especially since I saw the melting of my carts in my 520 after lining it up with the bridge !!!

Thanks !!!!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Some of the smaller carts, like the NPro, are just tiny little cylinders, no long side to it. So doesn't matter much with those. Some cart holders actually go inside the barrel of the atty. Those can't be aligned either, they're round..the mini's, etc.. It's the carts that have a groove up two sides, the groove sides should straddle on either side of the bridge. The bigger cart/atty should be aligned, for best contact of the wick to the bridge so it can get juiced! If anyone has had those horrid v-shaped high bridged attys (801's), you probably learned real fast to align the atty, otherwise it would scorch something awful. Never twist the cart in and out, push in and pull out straight!

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
I hear that too- I guess you not puffing as hard? or taking long slow drags.

I used to take real long 5 to 10 second drags. Try aligning it and see if you notice a differance..

Some people have thanked me and told me I was right. Others have told me it does not matter at all.. I think in the 2 1/2 months telling people about 75-80% see a benefit. I didn't make this up- was I told by a forum member when I first got here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread