I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellThenn

Mar 26, 2014
Alabama
Well, I'm Alex, and I'm new here. I have been spending my night doing research.
Looking to get a setup for ehh.. below $125 or so.
I've found a few builds that seem to be decent, maybe.
I'll post the details of them (well, the mod, atty choice, etc) and hope you guys can yey or ney it and give reasons why to steer me in a better direction?
Kanger Aerotank - Purple
1 $0.00

TrustFire Multifunctional Charger
1 $0.00

Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2000mAh Battery - Flat Top
2 $0.00

VAMO 5 - Gun Metal
Options
1 $103.20
remove

2. QQ Mechanical ModQQ Mod tank
QQ Mod Replacement Coil
Samsung 18650 2600mAh Battery
Blue Carrying Case
18650 Battery Charger
User Manual ($65)

Maraxus
[Batteries: 18650, 2600mAh, 3.7V IMR, Flat ($8.99)]
[Chargers: Trustfire Dual Battery Charger ($13.89)]
[tanks: Trophy Tank V2 ($11.99)]
Product Code: SK19 Edit Delete 1 $89.86 $89.86

Kanger Aerotank - Purple
1 $0.00

TrustFire Multifunctional Charger
1 $0.00

Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2000mAh Battery - Flat Top
2 $0.00

SMOKTech SID - Black
Options
1 $98.50
remove

So those are my 4 choices, so far. I am open to suggestions, of different parts to make one of these choices better than the other, or better than the rest. I am open to suggestions of whole new setups. Whatever you suggest, make sure it keeps me at or below $125. Thanks for any help I receive in advance. :)

Also, is fasttech a reputable site? I've seen some people saying ...... that, and some saying it's great, so can anybody attest to it's reputability, or lack thereof?
Shopping cart summary
PRODUCT UNIT PRICE QTY TOTAL
Tesla, Black Tesla Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod
Tesla, Black
SKU 1642505: Ships in 3 business days $32.55 $32.55 Remove
Kayfun Lite, Stainless Steel + Purple Tank Kayfun Lite Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL)
Kayfun Lite, Stainless Steel + Purple Tank
SKU 1662505: Ships in 5 business days $14.39 $14.39 Remove
NCR18650PF Panasonic NCR18650PF 3.6V "2900mAh" Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack)
NCR18650PF "2900mAh"/2750mAh: 2-Pack, Unprotected^
SKU 1455000: Ships next day $12.51 $12.51 Remove
TrustFire TR-001, Black TrustFire TR-001 Multi-Purpose Lithium Battery Charger
TrustFire TR-001, Black
SKU 1073301: In stock $7.87 $7.87 Remove
This is what I seen from fasttech, not likely to order from them, but I will check it out.

Last edited:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Fasttech is Slow, you will wait like 1-3 MONTHS for your order to arrive. there are a few fasttech threads here at ECF that will explain the "process" if you really want to buy from fasttech i recommend checking the threads out first.

what are you vaping right now?

if your totally new to vaping i would recomend the following.

one or two EVOD tanks or ProTank mini II
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Mini_Kanger_Protank_2_p/krpt2-mk2.htm
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger_EVOD_eGO_Bottom_Coil_Clearomizer_p/krev.htm

one or two 5 packs of the replacement coils 2.2 ohm (same coils for EVOD and Protank mini)
http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-protank-evod-coil-replacement-5-pack-2-2-ohms/

one or two 1000 MAH eGo Twist batteries http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_1000mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tstxl.htm

charging cable for the eGo twist (must buy charger separately)http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joyetech_eGo_Rapid_USB_Charger_p/ego-char.htm

2 protank mini's
2 twist batteires
2 five packs of coils
and a charger for the batteries for under 125 with shipping.

i use my protank mini and twist batteries all the time as my travel rig. when im at home i have a mech mod that i prefer to use but the mech mod and RDA is not so travel friendly.

the protank mini and twist batteries are light years beyond what i started with.

Last edited:

WellThenn

Mar 26, 2014
Alabama
That is actually about the setup I am using right now, a friend bought it for me because I told him I'd never get into it, so he had to have the last laugh. Just about everybody I'm around goes the eGo/cheap starter kit route, and I'd just like to stand out, and have more.. sayso in what I'm vaping, if that makes sense?

And the Tesla setup is the only one I got from FastTech, the others are from MyVaporStore and monstervapor,

Last edited:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
i guess the question is now, what are you expecting out of this next rig? just something really different?

if you want to get into mech mods you really need an ohm meter or multi-meter. multi-meter can be found for around $20 at your local hardware store.
and some basic understand of electrical theory as well as battery safety.

Last edited:

WellThenn

Mar 26, 2014
Alabama
i guess the question is now, what are you expecting out of this next rig? just something really different?

Something different, something that will last much longer, smoother hits, Something that I can redo the coils and stuff myself, etc.

if you want to get into mech mods you really need an ohm meter or multi-meter. multi-meter can be found for around $20 at your local hardware store.
and some basic understand of electrical theory as well as battery safety.
I've got one, and some what electrically inclined, in certain areas. (I do stereo installs/upgrades in cars and what not, whether that would translate to vaping setups or not, I won't know until I find out. :p )

Last edited:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Genuine Kamry K100 full set - 101 Vape
if you want to go the mech mod route that is a good deal, you get a LOT for $30.
the k100 is a well known mod people seem to like it. i have no idea what the amp limit is like on the batteries that are included with the K100 kit but i would recommend getting at least one of these these Efest batteries.. Efest 30AMP IMR18650- 1600mah - button top - 101 Vape

you will also need an ohm meter. if you build a super low ohm coil it MIGHT draw to much power from the battery and cause it to explode in a fireball or "vent" hot gas. i would be happy to go over battery safety with you if you decide to get a mech mod.

if you want a VV mod i would recommend an MVP 2
has a built in ohm meter and low resistance cut off.
Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0

Last edited:

mike3891

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
UT
Any suggestions for the mods and batteries? I'll look into the Mini RDA.

I'm pretty new to ecigs myself but I have found "Rip Trippers" on YouTube to have a lot of good reviews on Mods and RDAs (tanks and other stuff too). He also has tons of coil build tutorials.

I just got a VTR off eBay for a little less than $80 and am very happy with it. Also, I got a cheap mod off 101vapes with battery for $50. It's a Hades Clone. On pre-order though. So it could be forever till I get it.

mike3891

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
UT
I'm not going for the boxes, or whatever you'd call them. They just seem like they would fit awkwardly in my hand.

I was the same way. Looking for something that was good. Everyone was pushing the "box" style on me. I hated the box style but broke down and got one after 95% of people recommending the MVP or VTR. I love it now.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
So basically, mech, k100, but for hybrid go with the Vamo?

yeah if you want a VV mod get a Vamo V3 the 5 amp limit is a big selling point IMO.

never tried it my self. but accord the the Vamo specs you could run a 1.3 ohm coil at 6 volts
that would be about 27 watts of power. i don't run any coil at more than 20 watts but having the option is great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread