• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

All things in the world of rebuildable atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
How's the weather in philly? I haven't been there for a couple of years. I've spent a fair amount of time at your convention center however.
I love the market across the street (reading market?), and across the street from that is a cool brew pub...but the name of it escapes me.

I'm more of a Pittsburgh guy, myself..Bet ya didn't know that!

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Well I just got my ST Vivi RAT today..haven't had a chance to play with anything yet as I have been super busy. But I should be able to in the next couple of days. Also got in all of my wire and am no completely set up! Can't find my torch though, wondering if a good ol' lighter will do the trick on the mesh.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Well I just got my ST Vivi RAT today..haven't had a chance to play with anything yet as I have been super busy. But I should be able to in the next couple of days. Also got in all of my wire and am no completely set up! Can't find my torch though, wondering if a good ol' lighter will do the trick on the mesh.

How bout one of those turbo cigar lighters? Should be able to get one at any tobacco shop.
Probably cheaper to get a bottle type torch at home depot though.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Think this has been a bit of a common problem. It is just a joint gone bad. It is also indeed the ground. Shouldn't be a difficult fix though. It should trace back to underneath the post that your coils are attached to. If you look inside that tube, you should be able to see a bit of solder where it was attached and just do a quick number on it with an iron.

If I remember correctly, it tends to happen when everything is twisting during removal. But once you get a good joint there, it shouldn't pose any more issues.

Funny though as the wire shows no hint of solder on the tip nor does the post - I've received detailed instructions which includes removing that post to re-solder. As I know nothing about soldering this is quite the learning curve :ohmy:

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
If you have a harbor freight nearby they have a butane soldering iron / torch for about 8 bucks.
As for the broken wire on Jazz's tank there's no sign of solder and the wire isn't even stripped. I think it came from China that way. Hard to imagine QC issues from something made in china Isn't it? :rolleyes:

Oh and hi everyone :)
Thanks for the help!

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
That's right, I do remember that torch at HF. I also found one on EBay for about the same and free shipping, but that requires waiting..Hmmm. Guess I could use a good lighter in the meantime though. Thanks for that, btw! On the QC issues, I still find it difficult to overlook something like that on the line, lol. But then again, mass production overseas has output some interesting finds.

Welcome to our "neighborhood" lox, nice of you to visit as well!

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Really quick..anybody looking to procure a Chinese made DID. They are the RA Tanks that Jim makes, only these are produced in China. They are $7 + shipping. If so, or more info, check out the co-op planning and discussion sub-forum. You local guys, if you are interested, there are a small handful of units left to claim. The shipping is about $5 and that could be split up. I am in for 1 already, but can add (for now) if need be. The DID is in huge demand and not always available, plus it's almost $100. These will be easier to work with and of better quality than what we have encountered so far.

bully D.jpg
They ARE stainless steel and NOT the brass that is in the picture.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Better...Still hate my job...but better.
Rumor has it keg doesn't like dktab. That's sad.

That is truly sad! Well its official, I'm getting a DID! Also, the second one should end up being a go..but might have to wait for a drop out or non payer. Will keep you posted, bud!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
You wanted a 2nd for hawkize? Or am I missing something?:blink: I'm not positive but I think it's standing at 195 and the spare 5 are in case there are bad units...

Yup, extra one is for Hawk. That's what was said, its at least in the reserve so hopefully it can be thrown in there soon.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Yup, extra one is for Hawk. That's what was said, its at least in the reserve so hopefully it can be thrown in there soon.

Eh....It's cool if it can be...It's cool if not....nobody needs to bend in any extraordinary fashion...
I really appreciate the effort on your part Pitt....you're stellar...
:toast: to pitt...you da man....
That's why I luv you bro....watching my dumbass back is a thankless job...lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread