Allergy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Apr 30, 2017
hi everyone. I'm new here and fairly new to vaping. I have a question about allergies. The first juice i was using was 50/50 pg/vg. I used it for about a week and then decided to try some other brands and flavors. I started using Naked very berry and the next day started to get rashes. I was also still using the first juice I had.
I did some research and saw that some people are allergic to Pg, but the naked was lower pg than the first juice I was using. I'm wondering if I'm allergic or intolerant to PG and it took a week for the rashes to start, or if it's one of the ingredients in the Naked that is causing the rashes and the effects started same day.
Can I get some feedback? How long does it normally take for a pg allergy to start showing effects? Thanks a lot everyone!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Can I get some feedback? How long does it normally take for a pg allergy to start showing effects? Thanks a lot everyone!
When I first gave up smoking late Jan 2014, I used a small cig size battery with cartridges (GreenSmoke & V2) - by spring, I was developing breathing problems that turned out to be too much PG, and also one or two vanilla flavourings in the cartridges.
I'd say the amount of time an allergy takes to show up with for instance PG/VG or a flavour, would vary with different people.

I didn't realise it was the vanilla too until I'd been using tanks for a few weeks. I stuck with high VG and avoided most vanilla's.
In the course of that first year, I found I get breathing problems with blackcurrant, lime, cinnamon, and a few others ....some strawberry flavours too. I can use a small amount of most blackcurrant and strawberry flavours, but usually in with other flavours such as custard or cream.
I also got a rash on my face similar to eczema - once on VG high liquid and eliminating strong vanilla, it faded away.

I still get breathing problems with some flavours though.

Perhaps try avoiding the berry flavour, and use something bland like a plain cream or custard if you haven't been using one. If it persists, try a Higher VG one, or even some unflavoured liquid in either PG or VG to see what happens then.

Kam83

Apr 8, 2017
I'd say it's more likely to be the flavouring if it's an allergy, but they can and do develop over time, too. I've heard lots of people recommend switching flavours / percentages of vg/pg on alternate days to catch your culprit.

The first few weeks I was vaping I was breaking out in acne and had some random rashes and a flare up of eczema. I was a mess. Most of it was caused by quitting smoking in my case. I did have a few rashes that I put down to flavourings and food colourings in very obviously coloured liquids. Switched flavours and had no issues.

Let us know if you find out what was responsible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread