The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Allergy symptoms unrelated to lungs

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Jónatan baldvinsson, Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jónatan baldvinsson

Jónatan baldvinsson Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Hi everyone :)
    When I was a child I had a sun allergy that faded out when I was 5 years old.
    I have now been vaping for about 2 years with big mods that run at about a 100w so I have been using liquids that are high in VG. Usually 70 to 80%.
    However I have kind of gotten tired of nóg clouds and decided to switch to a smaller vape, the suorin drop. No complaints concerning the vape itself, however since I started vaping with a pod system my sun allergy seems to have returned. When I spend more than 10 minutes in direct sunlight my skin flares up and I get itchy eczema. I suspect this to be due to the increase in PG in my liquids. However I can not find any research that relates to my problem exactly. All cases of PG allergies I can find have to do with the lungs and throat. I have found some research about PG allergies causing rashes but none that relate to sunlight or other outside factors.
    Do and of you share my problem or know of any research or study that could help me? If so I would appreciate any help you can send my way.
    Best regards.

2. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jónatan baldvinsson

Jónatan baldvinsson Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Thank you very much! This was very helpful :)

4. Cool_Breeze

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    In my case, I don't know that the sun played any part.

5. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    If you had a sun allergy and it came back why are you assuming PG? It seems like a pretty big leap. Assuming you aren’t allergic to pg to begin with, Occam’s razor say whoops! It just came back.

6. Cool_Breeze

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    Let's see... A fellow investigages regarding a potential source for a difficulty. Another questions him for 'assuming something' and then goes on to 'assume something' theirself. Interesting tactic...

7. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    It certainly does sound ridiculous given your previous post. Enough that I checked to see if it was a ninja post situation. It doesn’t seem to be. I wonder how I missed it when I typed mine. I do remember thinking that there was no evidence of correlation between either the sun or eczema symptoms which your post clearly disagrees with. In any case I am at a loss to defend the statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.