Allergy is to PG, not VG, am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoo2You

Nov 28, 2015
Not shocked by vape store employees. I long ago learned to do my own research on vaping hardware. Just checked yesterday for Pulmonary test. I did fine. No asthma. The latter part of the test required them to give me 4 sprays of one of those inhalers but I balked. I don't handle drugs of any sort well and once before i had a test and my heart raced and gave me anxiety. I never forgot that i dont like drugs. They let it pass as I would have done if it it was really needed but he said I showed absolutely no signs of asthma and let it pass. Did you have asthma before that all happened?

Gazoo2You

Nov 28, 2015
I was fine reading BlueJess's thread. That was what made me think of vaping, rather than looking for other reasons. I just thought it must be the beginning of some age related long term smoking problem. But when the DIY owner balked at it being VG, I figured I had something else and started this thread. Sorry, I didn't want to step on her thread or confuse anyone.

EDIT:

Read the post below this one but continued this conversation about VG rather than PG in the thread that BluJess began, as her symptoms were as close to mine as I had read before.

So I went to 3 doctors...annnnnd I think vg hates me.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Not shocked by vape store employees. I long ago learned to do my own research on vaping hardware. Just checked yesterday for Pulmonary test. I did fine. No asthma. The latter part of the test required them to give me 4 sprays of one of those inhalers but I balked. I don't handle drugs of any sort well and once before i had a test and my heart raced and gave me anxiety. I never forgot that i dont like drugs. They let it pass as I would have done if it it was really needed but he said I showed absolutely no signs of asthma and let it pass. Did you have asthma before that all happened?

Oh yes, I've had asthma for 30 yrs. Which mysteriously got worse some months after I'd quit smoking and started vaping; the first issue was the VG, resolved that one quickly; later I had to add WTA, and then my asthma went completely bonkers, to the point that I had to ask the doc for maintenance meds along with the rescue inhaler, which he didn't mind -- he'd been urging them on me for years, never understanding why I did fine with just a rescue inhaler -- apparently the topical anesthetics they add to cigarettes mask a lot of asthmatic symptoms, and when all the yuck is gone from the lungs, those symptoms stand out sharply -- but I think the WTA might also have played a role, since the asthma got sharply worse within a few weeks of adding it, and has gradually gotten better as I've gradually stepped down the WTA dosage. Almost done with it now, about to mix up a new 30ml with the WTA just at 1%.

Andria

Reactions: Gazoo2You
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread