ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
Thanks, I'll give that a try. (I'm actually thinking of just keeping that atty as my "menthol atty".)

I tried some ce2 clearomizers. Got them in yesterday, and filled each one about 1/2 full of a different juice. I really like the vapor production and taste of these.

Yesterday afternoon, I went fishin'. When I came back to the house, I had 3 of the clearomizers standing up on my desk (threaded side down) and 3 puddles of e-juice on my desk :(

They were leaking from where the plastic tubing meets the metal battery connector. (through the little ridged area) Dangit.

So, with that being said, I wanna try something new. I really wanna try the ego mega Dual Coil atomizer (clear), and the Gotvapes Fluxomizer (lime green).

I do want to try the dual coil stuff recommended to me in this thread, but forgive me from being a noob and asking this question:

If i can't see my liquid level inside a stainless/black smok Tech (or ego Dual), how do I know when it needs filling?

Seems the stainless/black ones dont have leakage problems like the clearomizers, but do I just have to wait for the Burnt taste to know when to fill?

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
No, don't wait for the burnt taste. By then you may never get that taste out. Top off when the flavor and vapor start to drop off. CE2s are notorious for leaking and the clear ones crack very easily. I use the metal tube CE2s and when I store them I put a condom cup on the threaded end and leave them standing up. Hope this helps.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
^thanx for the tips!

So the leaking is not that big a problem (i take it) if you're still using ce2's?

I don't get any leaking with the metal CE2s when I store they as I described above so yes, I am still using them but I won't buy anymore clear ones because I'm tired of them cracking and having to mod them.

Meggeler

Jul 10, 2011
Texas
One lurker to another I think I can welcome you too :)

Been working through most of the problems you are. My main problems tho' are batteries - in six months been thru 'bout 8 both manual and auto. Ordered a eGo kit this weekend and hope the new batteries help me. But I wil NEVER buy another auto battery, I can watch 'em die! Seems they get saturated with ejuice and the electronics fail. Just can't figure why the passthroughs (with switch) seem to fail too!

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
^thanx for the welcome :)

I'm not sure about the passthrough either, but I've read more than once that the auto batts fail due to juice saturation as you're describing.

I started off with the eGo manual, and doubt I'll buy anything else until I'm vaping enough to need a huge battery like the ProVari thing I keep seeing in people's signatures. (doubt that'll happen anytime soon)

I did just receive an 1100mah eGo battery that's got the little LCD screen on there that tells how many puffs you've taken, and how much battery life you've got left. It's really nifty. :)

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
Hi and welcome from another noob, Naga. :) I'm rocking an ego too, lots of good info in this thread.

That LCD display sounds sweet. Must...resist...urges...to spend more money...argh! :)

Thanks!

And, not to be an enabler or anything, but I got mine from this place, because they're having a sale:

EDIT: new sale is 30% off eliquid, 25% off hardware:

labordaysale.jpg

Black eGo-T LCD 1100mah Battery - Smoke Anywhere For Penny's, LLC Store

:thumbs:

I'm eagerly awaiting my next paycheck, so I can try some new carto's, get a few small things, and try some new juice. LOL, I'm like an addict.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread